WOF Private Team Forums

Site Admin
Admin
EntropiaForum is happy to offer private forums for the WOF Teams, to facilitate team organization and discussion.

These private forums will only be accessible to official members of the WOF teams and EF admins (myself and Mindbuster); regular forum members will not have access, which allows for a private and secure place to discuss WOF strategy, scheduling, etc. Each WOF Team captain will be the group leader (to approve team member access to the private forum) and forum moderator.

Also, the EF rule concerning English only is not applicable to these private forums, so teams are free to hold discussions in their preferred language.

Any teams interested in this offer should have the team captain contact me via PM.

Once the private forum is created, the team captain should instruct team members to apply for access to the private forum via the Group Memberships link in the UserCP. The team captain will then need to approve those applications before team members will have access to the private forum.

Best of luck to all the teams competing in the 2008 WOF, which promises to be even more exciting and enjoyable than last year! :yay:

These private forums will only be accessible to official members of the WOF teams and EF admins (myself and Mindbuster);

Thank you 711.

But I need to ask, is either you or Mindbuster or your alter-egos or real life partners etc. taking part in the WoF?

Thank you 711.

But I need to ask, is either you or Mindbuster or your alter-egos or real life partners etc. taking part in the WoF?

If you (the Teams) trust ME, with vested interests in both England and Eudorian teams, to handle all your pm's and enquiries on tactics with discretion, then you HAVE to trust 711 and MindBuster the same... the WoF would not be happening at all without the Forum they both built...

Hurrikane

If you (the Teams) trust ME, with vested interests in both England and Eudorian teams, to handle all your pm's and enquiries on tactics with discretion, then you HAVE to trust 711 and MindBuster the same... the WoF would not be happening at all without the Forum they both built...

Hurrikane

I would rather 711 answer my question thanks Hurrikane.

Also I don't HAVE to trust anyone.

But I do of course recognise and appreciate the essential role of this forum and its owner and will always give you the highest praise for your work on the WoF Hurrikane.

To answer to Oracle...

Team America:
1. Neomaven
2. Star
3. Da
4. Skippie
5. Manic
6. Heap
7. Beene
8. Zippo
9. Mick
10. Rei
11. Casay
12. Stryker Captain

Thank you 711.

This was addressed in the original thread requesting these private subforums (relevant part bolded):

As long as Hurrikane is on board with it, I have no problem providing the private forums.

I can set up the WoF team forums just like the private society forums, and have the WoF team captain be the usergroup leader (manage group invites) as well as the team forum moderator.

Note that these forums will not be visible to EF Moderators, but will be visible to admins (me and MindBuster). Normally we do not read those forums unless a member or group leader contacts us with an issue. Note also that I will be participating in WoF for team USA; I have no intention of reading any info posted in these private sections, but paranoia is a powerful thing. Thus, if you do not trust that I will refrain from reading the private WoF forums, your team should seek another alternative.

The best way to handle this is to have the team captain for any team interested in a private forum section contact me via PM.

OK thanks for clearing this up 711.

For personal reasons, not related to your integrity nor any paranoia on my part, I do not wish to take advantage of your generous offer of a private forum.

OK thanks for clearing this up 711.

For personal reasons, not related to your integrity nor any paranoia on my part, I do not wish to take advantage of your generous offer of a private forum.

Shall I then disregard the PM you sent a few minutes ago requesting a private team forum? :confused:

Shall I then disregard the PM you sent a few minutes ago requesting a private team forum? :confused:

Yes please.

Nice move 711.

Even if some teams decide not to use them for discussion of their secret tactics, I think they're still potentially useful as an alternative place to post the banter (rather than the rather long team threads in the WoF forum).

Also, as presumably each private forum will have its own mod, will teams be able to write in their respective languages in the private forums or is it still English only?

I sent a Pm on 1/1/08 711 do I need to resend?

Team Sweden would like to have a subforum

thank you

//CJ

Also, as presumably each private forum will have its own mod, will teams be able to write in their respective languages in the private forums or is it still English only?

I addressed this question in the opening post of this thread:

Also, the EF rule concerning English only is not applicable to these private forums, so teams are free to hold discussions in their preferred language.

I addressed this question in the opening post of this thread:

Ooops sorry lol, thanks. Must...stop...skim-reading...

PM sent requesting access...

Not sure what all the fuss is to be honest :scratch2: It's a service that 711 has generously offered and I trust that the information that he has access to will be respected and left alone.

Thanks very much for that 711 :)

Not sure what all the fuss is to be honest :scratch2: It's a service that 711 has generously offered and I trust that the information that he has access to will be respected and left alone.

Absolutely. But its best all this debate happened now rather than during the event. This way the teams concerned about the secrecy issue know about it in advance and can choose not to use them. Not bad feelings on other side. If the forums had been created and then this came out afterwards it would have been messy!

I have no doubt 711 will honour his word on this one. But I understand Kev's point of view too - he's just decided not to take on any unnecessary risks for his team which is fair enough, no point doing something if you're not comfortable with it.

But I understand Kev's point of view too - he's just decided not to take on any unnecessary risks for his team which is fair enough, no point doing something if you're not comfortable with it.

It's not that I don't trust 711 that I changed my mind regarding his kind offer of a private forum...it's for a completely different reason.

I pm'd 711 to explain things and he understands and doesn't have a problem with this.

members of the support team can join the subforum too right?

members of the support team can join the subforum too right?

As group leader of your private forum, you are free to invite any member of EntropiaForum that you wish. It's your forum, you have complete control over private group memberships.

PM sent for Team Tibet forum. :D

:dunno:

This space intentionally left non-blank.

EntropiaForum is happy to offer private forums for the WOF Teams, to facilitate team organization and discussion.

These private forums will only be accessible to official members of the WOF teams and EF admins (myself and Mindbuster); regular forum members will not have access, which allows for a private and secure place to discuss WOF strategy, scheduling, etc. Each WOF Team captain will be the group leader (to approve team member access to the private forum) and forum moderator.

Any teams interested in this offer should have the team captain contact me via PM.

Once the private forum is created, the team captain should instruct team members to apply for access to the private forum via the Group Memberships link in the UserCP. The team captain will then need to approve those applications before team members will have access to the private forum.

Best of luck to all the teams competing in the 2008 WOF, which promises to be even more exciting and enjoyable than last year! :yay:

PM sent for Team Tibet forum. :D

Neo, it has been over three weeks since Team Tibet requested a private forum both in this thread and via multiple PM's to 711. We have yet to receive any response from you regarding these requests, so we are unsure of the reason for the delay. If there is additional information you need to proceed with our request, please reply to Centech, as he is the team captain.

Please provide an ETA for when the IRC team can expect the forum to be set-up.

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.

Neo, it has been over three weeks since Team Tibet requested a private forum both in this thread and via multiple PM's to 711. We have yet to receive any response from you regarding these requests, so we are unsure of the reason for the delay. If there is additional information you need to proceed with our request, please reply to Centech, as he is the team captain.

Please provide an ETA for when the IRC team can expect the forum to be set-up.

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.

Forum is not set up, PM sent to Centech.

Sorry for the delay, been quite busy in EU and IRL.

All WOF team private forums (with the exception of Team Sweden and Team England, who are in the finals) will be deleted on Saturday, May 31.

Team leaders are encouraged to save any information they wish to retain before Saturday. One good way to save this info is to use the Printable Version link found in the Thread Tools menu at the top of any thread page.

The private forums will of course be offered once again for next year's WOF.

Congrats once again to all teams who participated in WOF 2008, and best of luck next year!

Last edited:
(with the exception of Team Sweden and Team UK, who are in the finals)

WoF Team England :)

There was no Team UK.

This year.

Back