Wof Pro-Series Run 3!

Nice work, Jimmy and crew...

There was another WPS team in KF land at the same time, but I have a feeling they came up against the same KF Old difficulty of which you spoke...

2 short hours remain..

Will anyone else bring a challenge, or will England romp it..?

Somebody tell the Fat Lady she's on in 1 Hour...

...and the Winners are...

the time is just a little after 00:00 MA Time and Run 3 is OVER.

I fear that Hurrikane was a little harsh in choosing Kingfisher Old as one of the required mobs, as I know that several teams who tried failed to get a global on them, or even find them...

So, WoF Pro Series Run 3 has been something of a Whitewash:

WPS WoF England 2009

Winners by default, with a nonethless impressive:

738 Points!

Hearty congratulations go to:

Ironheart, Tekkie, Pinky, Kev, Pip, Oleg, dj and Oni

Commiserations, and sincere apologies to all other participants who were unable to complete their 5 globals cos of that pesky meddling KF Old.

So, here's how it breaks down:

I am going to award the 1st place prize AND the 3rd place prize to WPS WoF England 2009 team, for their mighty effort, and for being the only team to manage all 5.

That'a a massive 1900 Ped to WPS WoF England 2009

The 2nd place prize of 600 ped will Rollover to the next run
So, WoF Pro Series Run 4 will boast a prize pot of 3100 ped!

Could a representative of WPS WoF England 2009 team please pm me to arrange a convenient time and place for me to present you with your hard earned 1900 ped, and good luck dividing it 8 ways...

WoF Pro Series Run 4 will start at midday tomorrow, that's Wednesday 16th July 2008, and the new thread with new mob-list will be up by then. I have given the list some very careful thought, and it should prove challenging, interesting, and alot of fun.

I will be giving the Kingfishers a well-earned break, and by popular demand, and common sense, I will be introducing a "Post your screenies within 48 hours" rule, to keep the thread, and the competition, really alive.

Who likes Hogglo? You'll like Run 4...

Thanks Chopper :)

I think the other teams would have had us comfortably beat, at least 3 teams had at least one nice HoF which we failed to find (3 of us did 90min on Hogs this evening with just one small global, bad to hunt hogs after they ATH I guess!). I think we maybe killed 10 or so Kingfisher Olds all in all, so rather lucky, but we'll take it :yay:

Looking forward to Round 4, Hogs are fun, and thx for the 48hr rule.

Woohoo! :yay:

Thanks Chopper (and Hurri!), and GO ENGLAND!

Having re-read the initial post with the mob-list and the time frame, it is conceivable that there is ambiguity: The time stated is clearly "12:00" but Hurrikane does make reference to a "Tuesday night/Wednesday morning changeover".

Some people may have read into this that the cut-off point was midnight.

WoF England had recently noticed the midnight ambiguity...

Hurrikane's post does seem to imply a midnight deadline

The first two events finished at 12:00 midday MA time not 00.00 midnight ;)

A 24 hour clock is usually used for events in EU to save confusion. I guess you could change it to 13:00 then everyone will know for sure

Anyway... gratz to Team England! :D

Thanx Nadie,

From here on the cut off will always be 12:00, at least on my watch it will.

Yes indeed HUGE Gratz to England, although don't espect such an easy ride in Run 4, I have already found more teams to enter...

Run 4 is up, and can be viewed in the WoF Sub Thread. It's among the "normal" threads for now, at least until a kindly Mod Stickifies it for me...

Feel free to check it out :)

Back