Wolverine Mountain Racetrack

Miles

Prowler
Society
Al Nahar Wanderers
Stanley Miles Stardust
It's sort of hillclimb, sort of a racetrack, with some off-road sections thrown in, and it is seriously high.

Map:
(View from TP)

Looking south from the Wolverine Hope TP you'll see the route up the mountain. When you get to the top of the initial switchbacks, go to the left (although the right will seem more obvious) and follow the road/ledge around the mountain clockwise. Most of this stretch is wide and flat.

At one point there is a fairly obvious right turn that will take you further up the mountain. This section is a bit more technical, but not really difficult.

When you reach the plateau you enter the off-road stretch, where you'll need to avoid trees and such as travel generally westward. Once you get out into the clear, head to the right for the wide and fast road that heads back down to the top of the initial switchbacks. The first time you'll need to scout the top of road, but once you know where it is you will be able to take it a full speed.

Back at the intersection, you can continue on another lap or head (straight)back down the switchback section to finish. Starting and finishing at the TP is probably best, as the bottom of the hill is not safe, and it adds some off-road, mob-dodging action to the route.

If you are sight-seeing, on top of the plateau are some small peaks. One of them is drivable to a height of 923m - the highest (known to me) drivable point on Calypso.

(High Point)

Have Fun!

:beerchug:
Miles

P.S. Next up is the South Sakura Secret Hillclimb (the base of road is hidden) as well as some other really gnarly roads accessible from the top.
(sneak preview, heading back down at night)

Miles,

Thx for sharing the road hill climb. I tried it an reached ( easy with your explanation ) the top. Only thing i noticed ( except the view ) i could only rotate 180° anymore. Maybe it's thin air or end off server boudaries.

Anyway for the road trip. Maybe i invite my soc m8's for a little competition there :)

greetingz Lexie

Miles,

Thx for sharing the road hill climb. I tried it an reached ( easy with your explanation ) the top. Only thing i noticed ( except the view ) i could only rotate 180° anymore. Maybe it's thin air or end off server boudaries.

Anyway for the road trip. Maybe i invite my soc m8's for a little competition there :)

greetingz Lexie

When you're driving, you can only rotate your head about 180° - If you are in 3rd person and hold the mouse wheel (or center button) you can rotate the camera 360° while driving.

Also if your head is rotated when driving, you radar will be off, since it is based on the direction you are looking. This can be hazardous when lots of mobs are around.

As for the view, I like the top of the Cliffhanger Climb better - it seems like you are up much higher - but it's pretty far out of the way and not really conducive to racing like Wolverine Mountain is.

:beerchug:

Miles

Back