Votes: 21 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crag

Alpha
Society
Skillin' Villin's
Crag Crag Darkling
This is for miners only. i'm testing the waters for running mining events.
rules would be highest global, or most globals.

it wouldnt work out ...poeple always complain why theirs no mining event..
their not easy to make.........
hunting you could do most global or most loot....

mining is hard cuz u could amp the shit out ur finder and hof the most to win the event.........

i havent read one possible mining event idea yet

it wouldnt work out ...poeple always complain why theirs no mining event..
their not easy to make.........
hunting you could do most global or most loot....

mining is hard cuz u could amp the shit out ur finder and hof the most to win the event.........

i havent read one possible mining event idea yet

that goes with gear, and would make you the best miner. would it not?
but the same goes for hunting, you use the right amps on your gun, conserve your ammo, and get the most kills, and you have a much better chance then the guy running a baisic setup, right?

that goes with gear, and would make you the best miner. would it not?
but the same goes for hunting, you use the right amps on your gun, conserve your ammo, and get the most kills, and you have a much better chance then the guy running a baisic setup, right?

In hunting, amps or better guns give the most kills, which give you a better chance...
But mining amps don't give you the most finds, they give you BIGGER finds...

In hunting, amps or better guns give the most kills, which give you a better chance...
But mining amps don't give you the most finds, they give you BIGGER finds...

not all the time.
cant count how many small finds i have had when amped. it heps raise your average find, yes, but doesnt guarantee globals or hofs.

and i point you to that noob about 2 years ago that hoffed dropping ike his first bomb.

and if it's that big a deal, could simply say, "nothing over a 102" or "no amps" since thats easiy spotted.
but personally, i dont see a prob with it. it's still luck

Yeah mining event is cool.

Actually I ran an combined hunt/mine event, and experience shows, that hunters are leading. Check here

So where are the miners using BIG amps, for HUGE Globals and TOWERS to rock this event.

Hey not there! OK, some do mining as well and there are some nice mining finds in that event, but the big points and the varity points for ores, not hit so far!
I designed this event in a way that miners could get extra points, while hunters haven´t that big advantage. Although miners have an advantage in this event, they don´t show up very often !!!

Yeah mining event is cool.

Actually I ran an combined hunt/mine event, and experience shows, that hunters are leading. Check here

So where are the miners using BIG amps, for HUGE Globals and TOWERS to rock this event.

Hey not there! OK, some do mining as well and there are some nice mining finds in that event, but the big points and the varity points for ores, not hit so far!
I designed this event in a way that miners could get extra points, while hunters haven´t that big advantage. Although miners have an advantage in this event, they don´t show up very often !!!

that's the exact problem i had like a year ago. no one showed up. so im seeing if there is a market now. im getting a fair bit of "no's" now.
but i dont care about the big amps. if they got them, use them, thats what there for, there decay rate is HUGE anyways.

Well check this one --> Z-Games promoted by Star

Looks like a successful mining event, and it proves there is a market for mining events :)

hmmm... i see. seems there definately is, if theres a running monthly event. now to start the potting... though i'm still gonna pay attention to this here pole, to give me a good idea.

I voted No because I'm not a miner, but it would be nice to see more mining events. It is difficult to do but it can be done, good luck with it!

I voted No because I'm not a miner, but it would be nice to see more mining events. It is difficult to do but it can be done, good luck with it!

If u don't give a f... why u destroy this poll?and then in the same sentence u say 2 oposite things:scratch2:

pls think before u do something

If u don't give a f... why u destroy this poll?and then in the same sentence u say 2 oposite things:scratch2:

The question is : Would you like to be in a mining event?
A pure hunter or crafter surely does a no vote!
What else should a hunter vote in this poll?

The poll is relatively week, there should be more options like:

Yes, I am miner and would like to be in a mining event
Yes, although I am mainly a hunter.
No, although I am a miner.
No, as I don´t mine at all.
I don´t care.

But there is only yes or no, so its nothing wrong with Olegs "No" vote, and he explained why he voted no, thats absolutely correct thing to do!

Ok, I'm finaly gonna respond to one of these threads, but don't get your hopes up.

First of all, why only miners? Or a better question might be, what do you really mean by that?

Second of all, getting most, or the biggest global, is a lottery, endless you are using uber amps.

I don't see any way of constructing a mining event I would participate in.

Is Defend Your Claim still active? If yes, it's the only mining event available so far, afaik. I voted yes, but actually all depends on funds. I'm mostly hunter, so my ped card and gear is focused towards this activity, but I like to mine sometimes too, so why not? Still hoping to see mining options in official event system...

I run a combined mining and hunting event. Can be done.:)

This is for miners only. i'm testing the waters for running mining events.
rules would be highest global, or most globals.

The Question was posed to MINERS not hunters. A poll is given to a TARGET audience generally.

You dont ask 1000 women to respond to a POLL on which type of underwear they prefer to wear Boxers or Briefs, or the results will not help you market your product to men.

NOT VOTE

But there is only yes or no, so its nothing wrong with Olegs "No" vote, and he explained why he voted no, thats absolutely correct thing to do!

This poll is to take a feel if MINERS are interested. i guess you missed that part... Enjoy your EFD for replying (almost gave my first NEG rep OLEG, but I'm going to assume you missed the qualification before voting.)

Last edited:
OK, you got me :)
Didn´t read OP carefully enough ;)

Shereaper, sice you chose to react this way, you will probably recieve bad rep your self. Not from me though, as I never give out rep.

Ok, so only miners may vote. Fair enough, but what makes you a miner? I mine, craft, hunt, sweat, trade, and so on. That doesnt mean I mine 24/7, I may take a brake for weeks or even month, but IMHO, I am still a miner.

BTW, I have not voted as it would make no sence.
Sure I would like to participate in an event. DEPENDEND ON THE EVENT! We have recieved not information regarding price, prices, more specific rules regarding finders, amps, skills and so on, nor have we recieved any information on how you are gonna uphold these rules.

I could go on like this forever, but the fact is that before you start tretning other people, who just happened to have missed some information, which didn't make sence anyway, with bad rep, take a good long look at your self.

Regards

Who is talking about REP, seems you are a little off topic Zac ;)
or maybe in the wrong thread ??????

I hardly think I destroyed the poll. The many people who just click on the first option in any poll just to get EFDs do a perfectly good job of that :) Either way, EF polls are not a litmus test by any stretch of the imagination.

I posted to clarify what my No vote meant, and how I felt, so that the OP could integrate my response into his research. If he wants to discount my vote then he just needs to subtract one from the number of voters. I don't see how this could be considered to be anything other than a valid contribution. It's certainly more valid and useful than someone clicking Yes without even reading the question.

Who is talking about REP, seems you are a little off topic Zac ;)
or maybe in the wrong thread ??????

(almost gave my first NEG rep OLEG, but I'm going to assume you missed the qualification before voting.)

I may have gone over the top, but wrong thread? think not.

The poll is relatively week, there should be more options like:

Yes, I am miner and would like to be in a mining event
Yes, although I am mainly a hunter.
No, although I am a miner.
No, as I don´t mine at all.
I don´t care.

dude... first line of my opening post "this poll is for miners only"

BTW, I have not voted as it would make no sence.
Sure I would like to participate in an event. DEPENDEND ON THE EVENT! We have recieved not information regarding price, prices, more specific rules regarding finders, amps, skills and so on, nor have we recieved any information on how you are gonna uphold these rules.

Regards

There is a specific reasoning that i havent given more information. this poll was a GENERAL feel for interest. now that i am seeing a very real interest i will begins scouting LA's for good location to tp, critter density/aggresiveness ore's/enmatt's found, and find possible sponsors that would like to help out by donating a prize, as well as working out a fair system.

This seems like a lot of work, yes, but thats what you do when you run this kinda thing.

since the people most interested are looking at this thread, i will add an edit here:
i am looking at ola 25 (allo's)
and Nea's as place possibilities, both easy to get to, with good mob disbursment, and not alot of aggro, so even new miners have a good chance. i'm also taking suggestions for places.

Last edited:
All i can say for now is stay tuned ;)

I would love to see a mining event that can be compared with big hunting events.... so far I have seen Defend Your Claim (didn't take part yet) and few LAs owners trying to make miners come more often. Nice things, but rare.

I think MA made a mistake but not giving us any option in ordinary event creation tool that would be useful for miners. There are hutners options like most loot wins or highest singe as far as I know. Why not doing something like that for miners, MA?

Back