Help: WTB Night Vision Goggles

Mac

Marauder
Mannanan Mac y Lir
Please.

The sooner the better.

That is all.

turn up gamma its cheeper

Back when day/night cykles started, some people were using scopes as nightvision since they helped raise the light level (at the expense of some restricted field of vision)... Anyone know if that still works?

The OP wants to buy REAL Night vision goggles, not for in-game use:)
Ar least i think so

Make nights dark enough to be unable to see anything so that night vision goggles would be usefull first :p

Day and night cycles are kind of seamless atm(?) nights are so incredibly bright you can't really call it a night at all, and well due to the 'small' moon I don't see how it would become darker anytime soon unfortunately.

night vision goggles would not help you at all had it been a real situation, and since this is a game, setting your game and monitor settings correctly would make it a lot better

Back when day/night cykles started, some people were using scopes as nightvision since they helped raise the light level (at the expense of some restricted field of vision)... Anyone know if that still works?

Still works :)

Using it every time I hunt...

Day and night cycles are kind of seamless atm(?) nights are so incredibly bright you can't really call it a night at all, and well due to the 'small' moon I don't see how it would become darker anytime soon unfortunately.

That's because of all the complaining people that it was too dark in vu10, they've lightened night time considerably since then but it's down to the planet dev as to how dark it gets.

There was a request for torches that at the time Marco said they couldn't implement but they then went on to fit headlights on vehicles :scratch2:

The scope used to make underwater lighter as well, not sure if it still does.

Setting the.... um.... Shading? quality to high makes things alot brighter. I BELIEVE it's still VERY dark if your shading is set to lower gfx setting.

Menace

Setting the.... um.... Shading? quality to high makes things alot brighter. I BELIEVE it's still VERY dark if your shading is set to lower gfx setting.

Menace

It's 'gamma' that you want to adjust. I changed it long before the recent bright nights and had no problems at night.

This is the Suggestion/Wishlist forum on PCF, so I thought people would understand I was talking about an in game item.

I have never gotten used to this day/night cycle. Saying I do not like it is an understatement. Actually, there are many things I would prefer to get back "from the old days", but that's another conversation. Personally if this was Burger King and I could "have it my way", I would be happy to make it go away and never return, but I know there are others that love it, so whatever, I don't want to do anything to ruin their experience. I'm not looking for workarounds, I've been here long enough to try all those with less than optimal results, I want a solution for my own avatar's perspective, you people that love it can keep it the way it is.

All I want is an option to remove it, for myself, from my avatars perspective, so it doesn't affect anyone else.

Either give me a check box in my Option set up that disables it entirely, or give me something that I can gladly buy or craft, put on my avatars head to wear around and decay like any other item to wear.

I have a decent computer with a decent graphics card. I don't particularly care to go in and adjust my gamma settings every time I get a night cycle, its annoying to toggle out of the game to do it and the results are less than optimal. I've been grinding missions lately and I can go through a few night cycles in a session and it is very annoying, FOR ME.

I could buy more scopes and put them on all my weapons I use, I currently only use one on my long range tagger, but that is still just a workaround and not a solution since it limits your field of vision and only works when your looking through the scope.

Back