Help: WTF... Not enough free disk space???

antball06

Dominant
Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Anthony Ant Ballentine
Ok so damn near 24 hrs ago I started redownloading EU. It took 11 hrs to dl 10.3xxxxxx whatever on the client loader then came up with 2 error messages. So I downloaded the mirror which took 8 hrs and now when I open the client loader its tellin me I aint got enough free disk space:confused: How the hell can I not have enough space when I just uninstalled it yesterday:confused:

Any solutions are welcome and greatly appreciated to stop me from redoing my hard drive

Well how much disk space do you have?

Ok so damn near 24 hrs ago I started redownloading EU. It took 11 hrs to dl 10.3xxxxxx whatever on the client loader then came up with 2 error messages. So I downloaded the mirror which took 8 hrs and now when I open the client loader its tellin me I aint got enough free disk space:confused: How the hell can I not have enough space when I just uninstalled it yesterday:confused:

Any solutions are welcome and greatly appreciated to stop me from redoing my hard drive

There is a program called "junction" with which you can create a directory that physically is on another partition.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896768.aspx

With this you can place the "Entropia Universe" directory (or any other direcory that might contain huge files) on another partition that you have more space on.

Note: I don't know if there is any cavefood in using it with Vista/Windows 7; Vista/Windows 7 seems to handle the program files directory more "intelligent".

Note: To use it you should know how to administer your OS. You'll probably have to "run it as administrator", and maybe you have to adjust the NTFS file permissions.

Well Duh!!!!

Well how much disk space do you have?

should explain much

you might have the same problems I had though.

I had two partitions then

C: 80gb
F: 200gb

on the partition C: I could manually looking through it even hidden and what not found maximum of 25gb, yet it stood as full, an result of something causing it to fill the C: with stuff i used on F: I think it was, and well since you can't add more space and expand the main partition where you have windows installed you have an problem there :p

1. go through and make sure there is space, delete unnecessary stuff, uinstall crap and try to make space. this ofc if the game is installed on the same partition as your OS

2. if not you can try if possible to expand the partition to make more space

regardless of both the above you should if you don't already have it download http://www.ccleaner.com/ and run that now and then, you will be surprised how much "shit" there is that just takes quite alof of space if you have never run that before ;)

hope that helps

If you don't use disk letters and mount partitions to empty NTFS folder (like i do), than you meet Entropia installer bug, that here since VU 10.0. It don't check actual free space on partition, it check free space on volume, where that empty NTFS folder located :laugh: (actually a lot of installers don't know how to correct work under Windows :mad: )
In that case you could press ignore (if you absolutely sure, what you had enough disk space) or you could temporary mount that partition to any free letter (if you had any).

Back