Yet another loottheory (high hp event mobs)

Thark

Stalker
Society
The Prodigy
Shawn Thark Columbo
Hey, after reading and answering in the mining loot thread about the mining changes regarding lower globals, i came up with my own theorie. i wanna know what you think about and if it makes sense.

Basicly i thought about what would happen if high hp mobs could get the same multipliers as lower hp mobs. lets look at the warrior elite ath with 100k+ peds for a 10k hp mob. so a 160khp mob would have droped 1.6million peds, which i don't think ma wants to happen. or think about the hussk.

So i think ma might have a switch that is used once a very high hp mob is spawned on the planet and thus we have lower max globals but more even distribution arround 100% this would also now be the case as there are very high hp mobs on planet at almost all times. this kind of also explains the nolooters for the sandking. they might have implemented such a system arround that time and it might have causes problems. i thought about it only for a little while and thought i might ask for oppinions anyways. do you guys think this is even possible?

Regards
thark

Last edited:
Hey, after reading and answering in the mining loot thread about the mining changes regarding lower globals, i came up with my own theorie . i wanna know what you think about and if it makes sense.

Basicly i thouht about what would happen if high hp mobs could get the same multipliers as lower hp mobs. lets look at the warrior elite ath with 100k+ peds for a 10k hp mob. so a 160khp mob would have droped 1.6million peds, which i don't think ma wants to happen. or think about the hussk.

So i think ma miht have a switch that is used once a very high hp mob is spawned on the planet and thus we have lower max globals but more even distributen arrpund 100% this would also now be the case as there are very high hp mobs on planet at almost all times. this kind of also explains the nolooters for the sandking. they might have implemented such a system arround that time and it might have causes problems. i thouht about it only for a little while and thought i miht ask for oppinions anyways. do you guys think this is even possible?

Regards
thark

MA set a max value that can be achieve to each mob.

Once X value is built up MA can/system will release ped hense ath.

We know global lower before ATH's happen, or they use to. Hense why people could generally guess when a ATH would happen. Although this sometimes provide hard to guess as there where a few 20k loots as well, so it was hard to know if we were paying for a future loot or had already paid for it.

Yes MA can decide when a ATH or ubers happen, just check the TEN even where 10-20. 3k loots happened within the space of 10mins-20mins.

No loot of the sandking was probably a mistake on behalf of MA who forgot to turn No loot chance of for that mob, we have also seen evidence of this on hussk and comments by MA after.

Generally, loot is connected to HP of a mob, hense where being eco comes in and will give you a better return if you spend less.

E.g.

10,000 hp mob - Gives 50ped loot average. With a uneco setup costs 100ped to kill so you lose 50ped a kill unless you get lucky.

10,000hp mob - gives 50ped loot average. With eco setup it costs you 75ped to kill, so you lose 25ped a kill, unless you get lucky.

You get the idea, if not then :dunce:

Hey,

that is a completely different theory. i believe in loot multipliers, or has this been "proven" wrong or highly unlikely lately? haven't been as active in the forum for a while exept very recently.

If ma just forgot to uncheck the no loot box in their files, the noloot stuff on sandking/hussk should have been a one time thing.

Thanks for the imput though.

regards
thark

Last edited:
MA set a max value that can be achieve to each mob.

Is that really true though?

I mean, the average is far from the max on mobs, and maturities hehe unless that is changed.

High HP and cost to kill trox could be an example? high loot ones are most always from the small ones.

There are likely max and minimum limits sure, but I think more than just what it takes to kill counts.

Take the big bots as an example, it is a lot of people hunting them in a defined area, a lot of peds are going into the mobs in form of decay and ammo. This in return means that the loot pol is filling a lot contrary to perhaps say, foul at the golf course.

Perhaps, no?

It could relate to trox in Ithaca, most awesome trox place there was, immense amount of hunters went there every day, every 1-2 days you would have at least one 15k+ or several 1-14k loots and hofs and globals as far as the eye can see, now you don't have any trox kills above 2k at all, theyr rare because no one pumps them full in a smaller area perhaps?

That would mean regardless of purely maturity and health, higher health mobs usually loot a bit higher in most regards :p

Would some mod kindly place this under the economy/loot theories

about topic itself. The idea is interesting; but is there some data to back this up?

E.g.

10,000 hp mob - Gives 50ped loot average. With a uneco setup costs 100ped to kill so you lose 50ped a kill unless you get lucky.

10,000hp mob - gives 50ped loot average. With eco setup it costs you 75ped to kill, so you lose 25ped a kill, unless you get lucky.

A 10k hp mob is not an event mob, thats just a top end normal mob.

An eco setup (2.9dpp) will kill it for <35ped.
An uneco setup (2.4dpp) will kill it for <42ped.

Without regen any player can kill it for those costs, if it has regen then lower level players will need to team up to keep from cycling extra for regen. (not going into theories about regen loot here, just cost to kill)

Hey,

forgot about my own thread xD, also corrected typos above. (was writing on phone and i can't see my msg and type, so i gotta type blind - galaxy SII, any fixes for that?)

So i'm trying to get the data from entropia life but this site still confuses me. I know i have downloaded files with the globals from specific mobs, from the old site, before but i can't find that option yet. Once i do, i'll try to find some evidence supporting, or crushing my theory.

Just to be clear what i'm thinking though, as i think i might have not explained it well:

I beleve there are multipliers in loot. So say it costs you 40 ped to kill that warrior elite, ignoring the the discussion about what counts into that and what not, then we have some multipliers, like say:

<1, 2, 5, 10, 50, 100, 200, 2500 and what not.

those are made up numbers, but you catch my drift. All those added up and weighted with their respective probability (math geeks, bare with me, i'm trying to keep it simple) it adds up to 90% return more or less.

So what would happen if the Hussk with it's 8500k ped costs to kill hit would hit the 2500 (~ warrior elite ath) multiplier. MA would pay out 21 MILLION ped. even the new vanguard special maturities would pay out close to 2mil.

This seems ... unlikely... for them to let happen, even with smalest of possibilities. So i thought maybe they put in a switch, when ever a very high HP event creature and special creature of any kind spawns. The multipliers get changed. So then people are more likely to have loots closer to kill costs and the big multipliers get suspended as long is this creature is spawned. This will result in a more even distribution for the event mob, which is what people asked for, and also eliminate the possibility of MA going broke.

The three things that seem to "support" this are, when ever there are events like this, people complain about different loot, not discussing the nature of the difference, until i get the data out of entropia life.
The sandkind/hussk disaster. which might have been effected by this.
There have not been any high loot multipliers lately. (i remember people discussing this a while ago, then they stoped, now it's back)

I'll come back once i figure the new entropia life site out and try to find some data.

Regards
Thark

I use chrome on my SII and have no issues seeing text while typing on the forum. I think I had the same issue before I updated to jellybean. (The older version of android wouldn't allow me to install chrome)

I think you are probably right in that most higher HP mobs (not just event mobs) typically are less volatile. Exceptions being the traditional gamble mobs such as leviathan that have high HP but any lvl player can kill.

Back