FYI: You couldn`t buy a hangar even if you wanted to

Mikass

Marauder
Masak Mikass Keer
Am sorry for people looking to buy a hangar before planets arrive. Seems ain`t gonna happen. :)

2010-01-09 20:25 You wrote:

Hello,

Please unrestrict my hangar deed so that I can trade it.

Thanks,
M

2010-01-13 15:34 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Unfortunately we cannot unrestrict the deeds until the hangar system is back. This is due to the reserved PEDs that will be shared between hangar owners.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Two concepts common in the software industry that MindArk seems to have no grasp of whatsoever:

1. KNOWN ISSUES
  2. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Well form my PoV this in't an issue, it's a big damn bonus! :D

Something used quite widely. HOW about just give the money to the hanger owner at the time. Allowing the hanger to be traded freely in the mean time and the owner to atm waive their rights to the hanger / tp income during this time. Thus allowing them to release some ped.

Alternatively release an approximatation of the ped/day that each hanger owner is likely to receive eventually so that calculations can be made to include this in the purchase price of the hangers.

Hate how people just have to put up and shut up.

That's the way the cookie crumbles - follow up story

MA really knows how to boost one`s morale and make people feel confident about investments.

2010-01-17 07:33 You wrote:

Think it`s only reasonable to ask for a timeframe. How long `till I actually get the deed back? 1 month? 2 months? 6 months? 1 year? 2 years?

2010-01-20 17:54 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Unfortunately we do not know that information but please stay tuned to our News Section for further information on developemets with this system.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Unfortunately we cannot unrestrict the deeds...

cannot? yes they can. its simple enough as Creature suggests. They will not, different word, different meaning.

i suppose it avoids some crying that they didnt know they'd be paid 11k (random number) when they return, but simply outline to the hangar owners the situation and let them make the choice.

They can't, I can see why. The buyer will complain latter about location if they buy sight unseen! More fixes after that or just left out in cold as disgruntled buyer.

This is due to the reserved PEDs that will be shared between hangar owners.

i somehow missed the news that hangar owners get paid. i reckon MA pools the tp fees from and to cp/cnd and shares that with hangar owners in some way :confused: unexpected, good move from MA, since usually ppl are used to being fckd.

do i get paid too for my pet deeds i cannot use for advertisment? i could make so much peds meanwhile :ahh: jk ;)

It is common to hostage taking on our peds :) they do it all the time...

How many hangar deeds are there ingame that is owned by players?

a lot hangars :)

Something used quite widely. HOW about just give the money to the hanger owner at the time. Allowing the hanger to be traded freely in the mean time and the owner to atm waive their rights to the hanger / tp income during this time. Thus allowing them to release some ped.

Alternatively release an approximatation of the ped/day that each hanger owner is likely to receive eventually so that calculations can be made to include this in the purchase price of the hangers.

Hate how people just have to put up and shut up.

Because the money theyre going to receive is relative to their activity as a pilot prior to the hangars being taken down. As such it seems that MA only planned to calculate the total amount of PEDs and apply the activity scaling once.

Dont get me wrong it would be nice if it worked the way you described, but if they didnt make provision for it initially, then it may not be possible at this stage.

Not that you guys should be complaining anyway, seems like you are in line to recieve quite a nice chunk of loot for doing zero work, once MA pays those teleporter fees off.

i somehow missed the news that hangar owners get paid. i reckon MA pools the tp fees from and to cp/cnd and shares that with hangar owners in some way :confused: unexpected, good move from MA, since usually ppl are used to being fckd.

do i get paid too for my pet deeds i cannot use for advertisment? i could make so much peds meanwhile :ahh: jk ;)

Yeah mate the CND/CP/TP Fee thing was in the content list when VU10 came out. ;)

Check here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/2020238-post1.html

Because the money theyre going to receive is relative to their activity as a pilot prior to the hangars being taken down. As such it seems that MA only planned to calculate the total amount of PEDs and apply the activity scaling once.

not sure thats right. as i understood it there is a simple pot of transporter fees which will be divided by all the hangars. MA distributing something fair and equitably? pull the other one.

As above this was never quoted Anywhere so plz dont start unfounded rumours
Signed a Working Pilot :)

not sure thats right. as i understood it there is a simple pot of transporter fees which will be divided by all the hangars. MA distributing something fair and equitably? pull the other one.

Yeah I'd bank its much simpler to just give a lump sum divided by 70 to the respective owners.

Everyone gets the same, so no big arguments.

i would suspect that MA would take something out that "hanger" pool. After all, they are losing decay of ships and maintanence fees of hangers this whole time too.

:bs:

What happened to the free market may not the owners sell it if they wish.:confused:

Free market has nuthin to do with estates being restricted-same thing happened when we were waiting for appmnts to return-if they wernt restricted b4 the shut-down they couldnt be sold :cool:

i would suspect that MA would take something out that "hanger" pool. After all, they are losing decay of ships and maintanence fees of hangers this whole time too.

Hangars don't have maintenance fees, so no loss there.

ty for pointing that out to me...

Around 60-70.

ok so say its 70

let me drag some numbers out of my ass as I have NO idea how many people go up and down.

but its 25 ped up and 25 ped down.

say theres been people going up to either CND or CP all in all what? like 9000 times is reasonable thinking of the insane rush at CP for example and half a year already with CND.

so that is 225 000 ped :p

Then say from those total 9k who went up once or more, total who went down was 8000 since seemingly some people camp more up there

200k.

so a total of 425 000 peds. \ 70 = 6071 peds

woulden't be surprised if it was more :p imo that sounds nice to just get for just owning an hangar :p and well maybe theres hope and they only give to the hangar owners whom actually where active and flew on a regular or semi regular basis.

its not the best side, ubt its atleast an "ok" reason to be patient alittle longer :p

well..

well... at least you hanger owners are getting something... back when I owned a booth and it did not work after vu 10, there were 3 months I could make no peds from it at all since anything put in there would give the message that anyone could pick it up. They finally fixed that after Marco promised an "upgrade" in forums here... upgrade turned out to be just re-activation + that little estate item buyup thingy that costs ped... absolutely zero repay for 3 months others had a monopoly over those affected by that bug... still irritates the heck out of me even though I don't own the booth any more.

Would be awesome if some of those "free peds" allocated to the hanger owners would be put on pedcard of those of us that were screwed for those three months or so...

Back