FYI: Your ship is no longer safe docked in a safezone! WTF

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
I had just left Rocktropia SS in my Privateer when I saw Windy in his QUAD lurking around the space station. I entered PvP and planned my warp, I hadn’t met Windy before, he started shooting, I gave him a few moments for him to have his fun. I didn’t have any loot on me so wasn’t overly fussed, he was determined though, so I sat there for a while watching him chew away 20000 SI on half my ship. I grew bored so returned to the SS and docked. I decided to nip down to the surface again and then came back up to see if they had gone.

When I re-entered space with my QUAD I found my Privateer being rammed by Dreadnaught (MS) Taxi Goldy Goblin near the SS, I didn’t think much of it initially, entered my ship and moved it around the SS while the Dreadnaught chased it. It soon became clear he was pushing my docked ship slowly out of the safezone? I thought, WTF, how can this be possible? But sure enough he was slowly pushing it along. I TPed back into the SS and came out in my QUAD to watch the event unfold. I became a little pissed that I was not in PvP yet his actions were forcing my ship into PvP. I PMed him as he was still on my FL previously and asked him what was going on? He replied that an inanimate object was allowed to be pushed into PvP by MA? He also was not on his ship, so who was the pirate?
I ceased communication at that point and watched to see how far this pirate was gonna go, sure enough he pushed my ship into PVP until it disappeared.

After a while I flew my QUAD into PvP to find it, Windy was quickly on me, I didn’t waste Peds resisting, but even in the safe zone he was able to destroy my QUAD??, so much for the safe zone.
Funny enough I respawned on my Privateer. I jumped in the pilot seat and sure enough the Dreadnaught was sitting silent next to me. Pissed I fired off some rounds, knocked him down to 50% until I saw the repairing hard at work, didn’t feel like giving anymore free repair skills to his crew. Turned out Ernestj was the pirate. I started to repair my ship, RK-5 is very slow indeed…. after 10 minutes of repairing, I decided to see if he was still shooting, he had grown bored and left the scene. I warped away.

So the issue is this. Pirates are able to push space station docked ships into PvP. Thus there is no point of being docked or in a safe zone. I have submitted support cases to ask MA how is this allowed. We have to put up with PvP and pirates, but now they can push our ships into PvP, not really happy with this.

This can be done since the very start of space, but you dont need to worry about being attackable cause your ship even when pushed out of bluezone remains unattackable. And i think it even keeps its tp connection to the station - would need to check again on this though.

But when you enter your outside seat and start moving you will become attackable.

Goldy pushed Normandie with Dreadnought out of bluezone the previous night as well, probably because he was still mad about getting blown up so easily - however we just redocked it afterwards when we got back on.
However in case of a mothership where people tend to fly out of hangar because they assume that the ship is parked in bluezone i have to warn and say - always make sure to check your spacemap about the ships position before flying out and be rdy to fly back in if you spot a pirate sitting outside.

Well u know those ppl. Using any possible way to obtain other ppl's peds at any cost even in ways I think are not intended by the game developer.

If you talked to Goldy in your FL you talked to ErnestJ as it's the same person. Windy may be the same guy as well or someone elses alt. From what I've heard it's a shitload of alts there.

Maybe he was hoping there were people repairing on your ship, carrying loot. Not being aware of their activities. Hoping they could destroy the ship and loot it perhaps.

I don't think MA will do anything about it, just like people using the non-pvp trick in PvP4 etc. Seems when it's PvP related anything goes. Just like the speedhacking by the guy you pmmed and the other guy you saw flying in space there. Nothing is done.

You do realize that .... other MS's can also push the DN into wierd spots across the space map as well! :laugh:

You do realize that .... other MS's can also push the DN into wierd spots across the space map as well! :laugh:

Aye we have already discussed if we should push her into one of the upmost corners of the map so that they cant turn around - depends how often they find pushing funny if we will spend the time for that ;)

ah, good ol Mindark coding... reminds me of the days pets existed when they would be pushed in to the turrret zones...

Aye we have already discussed if we should push her into one of the upmost corners of the map so that they cant turn around - depends how often they find pushing funny if we will spend the time for that ;)

Hmm, can definitely understand that turning will cause a problem in a corner BUT what about reverse gear???

Hmm, can definitely understand that turning will cause a problem in a corner BUT what about reverse gear???
He'll park Ark Royal (his other MS) behind it to make reversing a real chore. :laugh:

This morning at around 17:00 MA Wednesday Ernestj and Windy pushed the Bismarck out into the PVP. It seems that once you enter the Pilots Seat it can be attacked. Perhaps they were hoping I had just picked up a VIP. But that shows their lack of knowledge and/or intelligence. I don't leave the hangar deck until my VIPs are correctly logged out. I do enjoy seeing them waste their PEDs and time though.

Back