Your Shop

Draggger

Stalker
Society
un sure at this time
Dragger Draggger Allen
A few questons about you and your shop

1) Is being a shop owner what you thought it would be?

2) is your shop Profitable ?

3) did you buy your shop with the intentions of making peds or was it a status symbol or a place to just sell what you loot ?

4)How many years do you think it will take to pay off your shop with the profits you make ? mine will be 3 1/2 years at the rate the last week has gone

5oh well make number 5 up yourself

Well, I bought a shop and quickly discovered that my items (low-mid level tailored clothing) would sell faster and for more peds on auction than in the shop

and i found that my #1 customers were resellers buying cheap at my shop (i priced shop due to the vanity of having a shop) and relisting at auction

though i suppose if you dealt in high level crafted items and had a good reputuation then a shop would be profitable

in the end i sold my shop for more than i bought it, so all in all the expereince was a success

just my expereinces
other people may differ

1. sort of

2. yes

3. makeing peds and selling what i loot - i hate tting stuff - thats why i went for low end gear

4. all my original calculations were based on a 3 year pay back time from the capital invested.

5. i am realy enjoying running my 2 shops, dispite MA changeing the rules on shops and introducing the tt+1 minimum sales price, which has stopped me being competitive on some items.

spod said:
5. i am realy enjoying running my 2 shops, dispite MA changeing the rules on shops and introducing the tt+1 minimum sales price, which has stopped me being competitive on some items.

yup i ended up having to buy a shopkeeper an unexpected expense i guess i did not do the reaserch well enought before buying bu ti can sell the really low end items now at least

1) Not sure what I though as I wasn't planning on buying one but I'm definately glad I did, athough the tax is a bummer :(

2) Havnt made a loss to date :D

3) I hate standing around in PA, auctions risky and I got a good deal for it nuff said.

4) For me Its not a matter of making back the money, beacuse surely the moneys still there? (Just in shop form)

5) Gratz on becoming a shop owner have fun with it! :tongue2:

Henners said:
1)
5) Gratz on becoming a shop owner have fun with it! :tongue2:
Definatly having fun with it i love seeing that screen pop up as it adds peds to my card

and its a good place to sell the stuff i looted for the most part leaves more time to hunt and have fun then trying to sell in pa and i also do not have to give MA a ped to sell my stuff thru auction

1) It's a lot of fun, but it can be time consuming to place items and price them.

2) I've paid off 85% of my first shop and I expect the deed to be worth more than I paid for it.

3) No status symbol, strictly to see what it's like and build a business.

4) See number 2. I have a way to go for paying off my second shop, probably a year or more unless I sell some key items.

5) Best of luck to you and nice banner. ;)

With all that said, my question is where are your shops located? I am looking to buy one myself but hesitated due to the location.

Snakeundrprsure said:
With all that said, my question is where are your shops located? I am looking to buy one myself but hesitated due to the location.
see signiture for shop location

1. yes - more or less. The sales paterns are very strange i assumed it to be more constant, one week i will not sell a single items others the stuff flies of the shelfs.

2. yes although i could probaly sell for higher prices in the auction, my business plan and stock have change as my skills progress I started selling urban patern clothes which wasnt great now I'm able to make and sell a larger range, the only thing holding me back is my rubish skill as a colouer - there is only so much you can do with orange, yellow and blue.

3. Definatly to make peds, although since owning a shop my profile has rased in the game

4. I always looked at it as a long term investment seperating the capital value of the shop from the crafting profits. The capital value should hold, which has increased its worth far more than i paid for it. I was hoping the income from the shop would fund my other activeries in the game, I havnt got there yet but the profit certainly helps.

5. good luck with your shop

Back