FYI: Youtubers - No more excuses!

Zacariaz

Elite
Society
United Talents
Marie T'pol
There is far to little EU relevant content on YouTube, especially interesting commentaries, but maybe that's because it's often too complicated, so now after weeks of intensive googling, reading, trial and error, I've found what I believe to be the best, albeit not the easiest way to get video from Fraps to YouTube.

I made a little tutorial out of it, nothing too fancy, but it will be a nice promo for my new blog and hopefully it will help a couple of people.

LINK

Best regards

Last edited:
I agree, the youtube content of eu needs to be greatly improved upon and added to if we want any hope of ever getting a huge amout of players coming and staying. Its not just ma and the dev's that need to work for this, we gotta do our part too :)

nice. what I always wanted. I will test it soon if it work.

Laudanum Media Team

The Laudanum Media Team that I am in charge of has been working on putting EU related videos on youtube for all to see. We only have a small staff right now and most of the staff is in college right now so we are working on getting more videos out for all to see. Here is our channel if you're interested in watching a few of the ones we have out right now.

LaudanumMediaTeam

As much as I appreciate the Ops dedication and knowledge on the subject, there is an easier method since most people use windows and windows is equipped with windows live movie maker.

Get Fraps and record some video, in the fraps movie file right click on the movie. Open with windows live movie maker. From there you can edit and add on videos. Click save movie and upload it to youtube.

One major difference between minecraft and Entropia videos is that the makers of minecraft (mojang) state in there Eula that content creators are "free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the game". whereas the Entropia Universe Eula and TOS you need permission to use any part of the game for commercial videos, so if your ultimate goal is to monetize the videos you are out of luck. basically good luck getting permission. This is one of the biggest reasons why minecraft has been so successful.

I upload anything I see as significant to my youtube channel.

Such classics as "Around Calypso in 50 mobs", "Cruising Calypso", and who could forget everyone's favorite "Deep Ocean King Sharkn".

I'm not sure I agree there is a lack of EU related videos, I think there are plenty. Finding them is a problem though, as people don't always make the effort to tag their videos for maximum exposure.

As much as I appreciate the Ops dedication and knowledge on the subject, there is an easier method since most people use windows and windows is equipped with windows live movie maker.

Get Fraps and record some video, in the fraps movie file right click on the movie. Open with windows live movie maker. From there you can edit and add on videos. Click save movie and upload it to youtube.

One major difference between minecraft and Entropia videos is that the makers of minecraft (mojang) state in there Eula that content creators are "free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the game". whereas the Entropia Universe Eula and TOS you need permission to use any part of the game for commercial videos, so if your ultimate goal is to monetize the videos you are out of luck. basically good luck getting permission. This is one of the biggest reasons why minecraft has been so successful.
Camstudio is FREE too. Fraps is not free, even though it is fairly cheap.
http://camstudio.org/

Also, MINDARK AND Planet Parnters, why not do monthly contests like the video contest a while back?!?...

I upload anything I see as significant to my youtube channel.

Such classics as "Around Calypso in 50 mobs", "Cruising Calypso", and who could forget everyone's favorite "Deep Ocean King Sharkn".

I'm not sure I agree there is a lack of EU related videos, I think there are plenty. Finding them is a problem though, as people don't always make the effort to tag their videos for maximum exposure.

subbed!

I agree there are quite a bit out there.

Camstudio is FREE too. Fraps is not free, even though it is fairly cheap.
http://camstudio.org/

Also, MINDARK AND Planet Parnters, why not do monthly contests like the video contest a while back?!?...

Through my personal experience, cam studio sucked, and provides video nowhere near as good quality as fraps, that was some time ago tho...

and monthly is probably a little too frequent, you need time to get the word around, for people to generate ideas, and then to put those ideas into action and then acctually be able to create something pretty good...

Back