Zib's 3 Creatures

Zib Black Onyx

Stalker
Society
Manifest Destiny
Zib Black Onyx
Here are my 3 entries - no pics yet - don't want to ruin the surprise in game:

1. Creature Name: Karcharian (looks like a huge shark)

Mob Descrption: This ferocious predator was first discovered in 2009 by Calypso colonist Zib Black Onyx on an underwater exploration deep in the uncharted northeastern oceans of Amethera. Her entire crew was lost, however, amidst the chaos she was able to escape with a captured baby. Unable to find a buyer, the specimen was released into the local waters of Calypso. This giant beast is elegant, fast moving and attacks anything it can see or smell. Thick leathery skin make it extremely tough, and it’s massive mouth is filled with hundreds of razor sharp teeth capable of swallowing a colonist whole.

Mob Maturities: Young, Mature, Old, Provider, Guardian, Dominant, Alpha, Old Alpha, Prowler, Stalker

- Class : animal
- Damage types : 33 Impact, 33 Cut, 33 Stab
- Movement: swimming
- Combat : close
- Aggression: extremely high (higher aggro than atrax)
- Tamable: no
- Sweatable: yes
- Defensive: Evade

Additional info: if possible make the mob swim near the surface of the water so the dorsal fin is exposed. Movement should be a back and forth, left to right motion. The tail should wip around a bit. It should attack like a Hogglo does, by lunging forward with its mouth open exposing it’s hundreds of teeth. It should have faster than normal regeneration but it should not hit you everytime – it should miss if you have good evade OR you can make it never miss but normal regen. I think this mob should have the same HP as a hogglo. You should spawn mainly youngs and they should be off the coast of the continents in the waters that MA owns. This would not be a mob with a DNA sample. Only MA lands would have them – this would give people a reason to hunt off the shore of the mainland in the water. Since mining was removed from the water, there is no real purpose to go into the water now. Also you will have to change the description of the ripper snapper which says it is the only mob in the waters of calypso etc. Alternate name I suggest for this mob would be Shredder if you wanted something that sounded sort of like the ripper snapper does.

2. Creature Name: Vermokuma (giant sand worm)

Everything about the Vermokuma is enormous. The largest creature to ever roam Calypso, it is capable of knocking down buildings and devouring entire herds of Calypso fauna. These terrifying giant worms move swiftly along the desert floor and can be seen from miles away. They are blind but they attack anything they can sense moving around them. It slowly digests it’s prey deep in the bowels of it’s long muscular body. The origin of this creature is unknown, but is believed to be a mutation of the smaller more gentle Sabakuma.

Mob Maturities: Young, Mature, Old, Provider, Guardian, Dominant, Alpha, Old Alpha, Prowler, Stalker

- Damage types : 50 Impact, 50 Cut
- Movement: slithering
- Aggression: high

Additional info: this creature should slither along the ground like a snake… it should also periodically stand up the way a snake would so that It is reaching up the sky and waving around. They should make a roaring screaming sound when they attack – to attack they should draw back and lift their heads then snap forward opening their giant pronged mouth. This mob should hit realllllllllly hard, should never miss, and should have regular slow regeneration, basically like a daspletor but with MORE hp.

3. Creature Name: Hybridon (cross between an Aurli and an Arenea)

In 2009 an Aurli DNA sample was stolen from Crystal Palace allegedly by colonist Zib Black Onyx. The sample was later sold to a group of radicals who crossed the sample with Areneatrox DNA in an attempt to create a super insect. The hatchlings were named Hybridons and within 3 weeks they had mutated to over 5 metres in height and eventually devoured the entire group. These monstrosities now terrorize the Calypso wilderness devouring everything in sight. They are extremely resilient creatures capable of surviving in hot and cold climates. The Imperial Government is still investigating the situation.

Mob Maturities: Weak, Watcher, Soldier, Strong, Ravager, Devastator, Hunter, Chaser, Majestic, Queen.

- Damage types : 30 Impact, 30 Cut, 25 stab, 15 acid
- Movement: running
- Aggression: extremely high

Additional info: Sometimes this mob will run on all 8 legs and sometimes it will stand up like an aurli does – color should be solid black with red eyes. Should hit as fast as a regular aurli does, it should have same regen as a regular aurli but they should hit harder and have more hp. Aurli on steroids basically. They should run really fast.

awesome mobs :D i like the names and the history of them !

awesome mobs :D i like the names and the history of them !

Thanks. I spent a long time on them. It is my belief that the names and descriptions are the most important thing about the contest. :cool:

Thanks. I spent a long time on them. It is my belief that the names and descriptions are the most important thing about the contest. :cool:

yeah , i had that in mind.. should also take in mind how the mob looks ;) but personal i would like to see some new monsters down in the deep underwater....how awesome wouldn't it be to see a massive shark swim towards you in the dark water at a very fast speed or a worm at the size of 50 buildings ram through the desert of Eudoria !:)

Aurli on steroids ... I don't wanna see that!

Or maybe I want ... you've made me very curious what they will look like!

:eek::yay::eek:

I really like the descriptions

I hope so, because my artwork doesn't really com close to the cool 3d art created by some of the others

I really like the descriptions

I hope so, because my artwork doesn't really com close to the cool 3d art created by some of the others

Thanks, I spent a lot of time developing them :)

You made a mistake on the hybrion, the class should be insect, when they have insect maturities, but is a minor flaw, for the rest nice creatures, but:

We want pics!

You made a mistake on the hybrion, the class should be insect, when they have insect maturities, but is a minor flaw, for the rest nice creatures, but:

We want pics!

oops yeah - meant to put insect :/ you can tell that by the maturity levels.

Hopefully you will see them soon ;)

Back