PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
View RSS Feed

Xavier_Jr

1. Some ideas about "luck" in Entropia Universe

An idea for discussion on the rarity and distribution of large loots in EU
    by Xavier Riquelme
    translated by Growlz

There are two commonly held theories that explain loot distribution in Entropia Universe.

The first states that a 90% long term rate of return of TT value can be obtained by any player recycling a critical mass of PED.

The second states ...

Updated 10-03-2011 at 19:55 by Xavier_Jr

Categories
    Ideas and Hypothesis
  2. About Gambling, Chance, and Entropia Universe

The chance (in spanish “azar”) linked to gambling (in spanish “juegos de azar”) is defined as that unpredictable outcome, because there is no cause to produce it. If something has no cause, or variables that generate it, then you can never predict it.

However, the existence of gambling (azar), whose name in spanish comes from an Arabic word linked to the roll of the dice, and thus its inability to predict ...

Updated 11-14-2010 at 02:35 by Xavier_Jr

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Virtual Worlds and Globalization

Well friends, recently, I had a discussion inside my own society about the possibilities of virtual worlds in the future. One of my partners launched the thesis that Virtual Worlds, always, should be developed by private business enterprises as Mindark or Linden Lab. But to me it seemed like the Internet conceptualization and subsequent development, should come from the universities. My view included besides, there should exist standards for integration, which permit to any person or group ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Evolution of a Player From Entropia Universe

When I was a child, I spake as a child, thought like a child, I reasoned like a child, but when I became a man, I left childish things" (The Bible)

When a player has not had a mentor in the game, or just had someone who pretended to be, but he had only a very basic level of knowledge of the game; this player will fall, inevitably, within an evolutionary process as a player, very similar to this:

1. Stage I: Gambler
    2. Stage II: The game has ...

Updated 10-25-2010 at 17:04 by Xavier_Jr

Categories
    Uncategorized

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook