Pixels Vs RL

Kara_Katryn

Provider
Society
C.O.T.A.
Treda Kara Katryn
Humans are depending more and more of computers, pixels, electricity... but my question is.. if in art.. ppl are starting to "ask" and to appreciate pixels more then hand made work?

That would be kinda sad... cause a computer.. no matter how "high-tech" might be.. it will never take place of what a person can make by hand..

I agree it helps, and that it makes work easier in some cases.. but still...

I would like to hear some opinions on this.. and even more.. if there is someone that does prefer pixels instead of hand made work.. i would like to know why..

Kara, :whisper:
I wanted to comment to this the second you blogged but I have such a lengthy response that I am still going to need another day at least before I can post as you have awakened the dragon. :lift: Your question is one of the ages and is to be carefully considered. :scratch2:
Humbly,
Artimus

(Full response is now in my blog, Cheers)http://www.entropiaforum.com/forums/blogs/artimus/

Last edited:
Digital is just another form of media which essentially is shaped by the artists hand thus is handmade. So whether it be Oils, watercolour, pastels, pixels, whichever it is, one has to make up their own mind whether what they're being presented with is art. It is all essentially handmade. The canvas is different from more traditionalist styles of artistic expression but the sentiment still remains the same. Just a different way of communicating artistic ideas,

I don;t think it's that people 'like digital' art more. I just think it's more of a sign of our times.

It's easier today to convey ideas and art digitally, so lots more people doing it.

I myself still go to art galllaries irl and love it, it can't be beat. There's still convential artists around.

But as a whole people utilise the internet a hell of a lot more and in turn it will spawn would be artists keen to express themselves the only way they know how. Digitally.

I wouldn't say it's a bad thing. If anything it may motivate them to be a little more adventerous and take to a more traditional dicipline in art.

It's all good, people being creative and expressing themselves, whichever way they do it, is to be embraced, imo. :)

Jam.

Well I do agree that both are different form of art.. but my "fear" is that traditional art.. will be completely replaced by digital art .. thou it's just an hypothetical thing...

The fact that u and me and some other ppl consider that rl work can't be beaten... it's pretty non-reliable (?if that is the word) cause more and more ppl prefer pixels.. and yeah it's made by hand.. but it's not the same... even if i understand that some ppl need to use the pc to be able to create an image.. or sound or something...

I made some digital artworks to.. so I am not judging anyone that does that.. and I'm not anti digital art.. :)

Back