Passion versus Scepticism

Pirx Danford

Elite
Society
Federation of Free Wanderers
Pirx Danford
Hi,

since quite some time I am mulling over how to approach this and sparked by the posting of my dear friend Lee I believe I can finally find the necessary words.

Why is it the way that so many people including me see so much negative things about Mindark?

The answer is plain and simple, somehow I seem to carry a passion in me to talk about obvious things.

Yes its passion that is the fuel for the hatred towards Mindark.

We are mere humans, simple stupid people as I and most others do have difficulties to distinguish between things that by perception belong together.
But lets have a look at something as simple as a toaster, will a toaster be better because the one or others company name is imprinted upon it?
No the brand or company names are nothing more than guidelines and if we buy something because of the name its merely in the hope that past performance and good quality will also account for the product we decided to buy.

But a toaster is not a universe in which we can immerse ourselves.
We are part of this virtual universe, we play a role we mean something to others and they to us.
Some chase seemingly impossible goals others just spend time, for everyone its different what is to find here.
But if you are not a cold hearted pragmatic at some time the spark of passion will get hold of you.

After 3 years I am still passionate, no even more passionate than ever about what Entropia is and could become.
But that vision is quite obviously not the same vision Mindark has and for everyone that is passionate about Entropia this is a constant source of grief.

So being sceptical will protect one from being let down, but is it not much more rewarding to engulf oneself fully in the passion and to spread the word?

There is no really satisfying answer about this, but the best approach for me was to strongly discern between Mindark and the game.
I perceive Mindark as regular company driven by mere people as you and I and very capable of making mistakes.

On the other hand I have Entropia which lets me do things that I just cannot do in real life, which opens new ways to communicate and lets me meet many interesting persons, while pursuing goals that are sometimes just fun and sometimes nearly like work.

Oh I am becoming sidetracked here, there are just so many things one can talk about in Entropia...

I will wrap this up by telling you:
Don't make the mistake of seeing Mindark and Entropia as "one thing" yes of course both belong together.
But just as example, all the cool people I met in EU define Entropia more to me than some Mindark employees.
So I refuse to let the failures in communication the Mindark people are so well in doing to overrule what Entropia is for me foremost.
Entropia is YOU - all the cool people out there filling this universe with life.

As long as there is a cool community I will be passionate about Entropia and whilst Mindark intrudes in this and is hampering this passion from time to time I do see the chance of FPC maybe even backing the passion up.

But even if FPC should follow MA traditions and fail in community work I will refuse to let this define the Universe for me.

So yes - I will be passionate I guess,
how about you?

Back