Living in PVP4 |July 4|

Selene B

Old Alpha
Society
retired/ex-DawnDaemons
Selene
I have been thinking about making a blog for a while now but didnt have much time in hands to give it a go. At the moment sickdays from work - looks like accidental meeting with siberian cowbane ended with a bad burn on my left shin. and forced me to sit at home doing nothing.
Why pvp4.Its main area besides some rare visit to pvp3 or random hunt someplace else where Im spending my online time

I would not like to make another usual hunting blog,there are dozens in EF though probably none of them made covering mobs from pvp3/4.It will probably include some hunting on mobs like attacker,mulmun and muluk. Dont have the discipline to stick on certain activity for very long. So I kind of expect this blog to be pretty erratic in form. Why pvp3/4? Because these are last areas in EU giving some nice adrenaline during playing. I have been hunter, then became miner for 1,5 year, then tried crafting and eventually turned to a wannabe pker because other activities in PE/EU became slowly way too boring and expensive. Never had a tower from mining nor big hof from hunting, so I eventually kind of gave up trying.
About skills Agility 69 (closing to 70 ever so slowly), HP:medium. You need not know about the rest:D. Nothing special to show

About gear
Armor:Hermes/Infiltrator/Shadow/Eon L pieces plated with 3E(L) and 7A(L)-planning to replace all 7A-s with 3E-eventually. not cheap :(
Guns:
main laser carbine:Geotrek AL26 Serpentis(L)+Pro600(L)- could theoretically use by now LR65 but my skills for laser guns suck.Been BLP user from start. still miss some LWT levels. damage output using LR65 would be at the moment few points of damage smaller than I get with AL26
Plasma:dont laugh :D Marber Bravo+E15. Works reasonably well for shooting naked miners. Had Foxtrot ME in past, hate myself for selling it but wont be buying another because I try to keep myself from depositing.
Melee usually carrying some L blade like Dai-Katana or Katana
Launchers: Detpil Vrex1000 and Tuhota 80.Both fully maxed. Tuhota is something many people do not expect. You see person already behind some little hill,thinking they are safe and going to escape, saying "cya","bb","lol" etc and then grenade comes over hilltop and explodes nearby..Sometimes it manages to kill half second after they hit tp and animation of jump was activated. It doesnt kill more than fraction of cases but its better than no try at all.
I have had couple of very lucky kills with Tuhota.

Once it killed another pker in full infiltrator camping on hilltop near Grave Yard with a suprise crit before he could even come out to ambush.More HP than I have, stronger gun and full 3E plating.Pure luck for me. I would have died there without that crit.

Second time I was hunting mulmuns about minor jump west and bit south from Akmuul TP and GD appeared on radar. I was wearing hunting armor that doesnt protect much from guns (mix of jaguar and boar) and tried to run into whole lot of mulmun. Just to get some cover from fire and get my ass killed by mob. No help, GD got closer, Mulmuns didnt manage to get my hp down even to half (must be fault of Murphy-they usually have no problem kicking like mule).When GD was almost at inner ring of radar I turned and hid myself behind random Mulmun Guard and fired grenade skyward over mob towards GD. To my surprise it killed him doing ca 170dmg (heard at revival that grenade exploded right on top of his head in air-it was Rattler from Tax Collectors if I remember correct).Damn lucky, had ca 70ped of loots on me..Took a lesson-picking hunting spots more carefully now. Enough of bla bla.

July 4 (late evening)
Didnt play EU for couple of days. Discovered Empire:Total War and it captivated me totally. Last time online in EU I logged out in middle of PVP4. Bit SW of Northern Outpost. First check on radar-no GD-s, more relaxed I dragged out hp bars of socmates and friends I saw online. I have couple times accidentally killed a friend and it didnt felt good afterwards. After second jump I stumbled upon random GD.
3b725cbd3b4f223239be9d8c3610b30c3c6d6a28.png.jpeg

Loots, finally:D Been days since I last got something besides 1-2ped + ammo.
7e781ea6e49e53340ef5a009b85b664079de1f4f.png.jpeg

There seems to be common belief that PK-ers in PVP4 are nothing more than robbers and stealers of hard earned loot of others. Well, sometimes you get very very lucky with ammoglobals but it takes usually lots of MindEssence, time and luck to find someone at all carrying loot and not managing to suicide before you get killshots fired off.. Typical case is that during long hours only people I meet in zone are soc (DD/DDX/DDR), some friends I wont be fighting with and some single GD that usually escapes successfully.Oh and Tax Collectors.By ones and in groups. More spice to lonely dwelling.Generally if you go into zone and avoid certain time and regions you can stay there for hours without seeing anyone at all. Oh, one gets profit but by the time you get some peds stacked some piece of your equipment is showing nearby failure and you will waste your peds under new gun,piece of armor or amp.Gear with pk potential is not cheap at all. And voila,there goes your profit.
Back to the topic.
After meeting with MARIANE I went to N outpost where she had to be revived and grabbed hp bars of all the three people there-better safe than sorry. Next jumps outside zone to Akmuul storage.Grabbed bars of all the people around and I was charging up minor tp chip when I saw on soc channel "GD@GY" and jumped straight to Grave Yard only to see Connie tping away.No luck. Vrex did only 1.0 after I tried from extreme range. 20min later I felt I was getting sleepy, thought about last checks on GY and found myself faced with 3 GD-s at ambush on hilltop ~150m North. Connie, Rattler and Starkiller. Each alone is doable but all three together on hilltop-no thank you. I hate to be shot from ML45-s generally so I retreated South seeking cover from landscape. They came in loose group with Connie in front-got down his hp down by ~75% then I was about to fap when I got sudden 93dmg crit and died (36dmg and 65 dmg hits presumed it).
Btw, Connie on screenie is selected but its not for use of autoaim. Under settings panel it can be switched off so selecting a person does not cause funny things when you try to shoot or fap..Just visibility of target is much better with such selection.
enuniv-20090705-021838.jpg
(hp bar showing Vodka from DDR around is bugged)
Well.. crap. Bought a new toxic and went back but found only single tax collector at same spot waiting. Took some special time with little lr48+a105 this time, just to see him run around and fap.No profit from this but it was for making point. Also got 38th piece of dung into storage.
enuniv-20090705-022221.jpg

Time was well past midnight. Time to sleep.

Back