It's a monster!!!

Mystrin

Alpha
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Kaia Kadijah VonHildegarde
WoW!!!

So after I got home from work I decided to start on installing the card. ( pictures of the unboxing and card installed in the case will be uploaded later )
Everything went smooth of usual for parts swaps but I must say, measure your case before you purchase any of the Geforce 200 series lol!!

This card took 11" of my case and the SATA cable I have almost wasn't able to reach the mobo from the HD bay under the baffle. ( Lian Li v1000 cases keep the PSU and HD's in their own compartment in the cases bottom )
When I decide to go 3-way SLI this will cause a problem with my optical drives but for now its all good.

Running the card is great, Settings are max in Source, COD5, EVE, High in Crysis and Mostly High in EU.

Upon logging into EU there was the heat problem as mentioned on the forums. I was sitting at around C on stock air idle but when I got the loader screen going my temp in the time of full login shot up almost 10º. No good!!!
VSync was enabled based on a buddy tip, which helps a bit but still I will continue to login as fast as possible.

Heat aside, everything runs great at High settings with only "water" and "particles" at med to boost frames on one card.
Draw distance is max
vsync on
No motion blur
render at 90%
4xAA
I've been getting 30-35 fps outdoors, 10-15 indoors.
As expected CE environment looks great! So great in fact that the monster models MA failed to update now look photo shopped in, I.E. Maffoids.

Tip to those running a single 260!
Overclocking is great but with EU there is something fishy going on.
Don't push it!
Override auto fan settings and keep it high >70
If you plan to really overclock your card and memory don't play EU with it unless you have some serious aftermarket air cooling or a GPU water block.

To Oracles comment:

You picked an awesome card for the money however with EU try dropping down some of the non essential settings for a boost in frames.
Also look at your router settings and set up port forwarding for EU priority to be sure you have max bandwidth for your connection
I'll PM you my exact in game settings if you like after I'm off work and can log in.

Mystrin I don't know much about PC's and Internet stuff but my item change lag problem is driving me nuts so yes please to any advice you can offer! :)

I don't know about 'port forwarding' etc so if you could advise on this also please?

I'm with BT and within the HomeHub settings is this...is this what you mean? :

Games and Application Sharing
Application Sharing is used by devices (e.g. games consoles) and applications (e.g. servers) to make sure that the data coming from the internet gets to the device that needs to use it. When Application Sharing is enabled, your Hub will route all inbound traffic for the selected application to the chosen device.

If so I'll see if I can set this up.

For the first time this evening I briefly managed to hunt without any item change lag...but since then I've logged back in twice and the lag has returned and it's so frustrating. :confused:

Oh, I didn't know it was item change lag.
Lag is a general term used to explain everything from Packet loss and poor frame rate to just plain sucking at a game.
For you sir, your problem most likely rests server side and is something MA will need to fix.

I too have massive item switch lag and of course "this item is busy and cannot be accessed" and am running on an 8MB/s connection.

I can point you in the right direction for your router in anycase, it may help a bit.
What brand and model is it?

My router is the BT HomeHub 2.0.

I've been getting item change lag of 4 to 5 seconds which of course means hunting is a sick joke.

Strangely everything was fine for the first time at around 5.30 UK time this evening but didn't last long.

When I logged out I ran PingPlotter to MindArk's servers and it was showing massive packet loss of 80 to 90%+ over the last 6 hops!

Really weird because EU was playing normally at the time.

But things are as bad as ever now regarding the lag so just hoping MindArk or BT will come to my rescue soon!

I'll just add that at times I've had fps of 85 to 95 yet still with the same 4 to 5 second item change lag.

And whatever graphic settings I use makes no difference to the lag.

Back