E-Mining is Easy

Miles

Prowler
Society
Al Nahar Wanderers
Stanley Miles Stardust
Miles was low on peds a couple of months ago, (having too much fun) and no funds were expected from Earth anytime soon, so he needed to make some money.

The E in E-mining stands for easy, not exciting. Since this is a world of fun or profit, for the most part, easy was what I needed. I had about 100ped beyond what I willing to sell.

My prime objective, to keep cycling peds and gaining skills, while building up a bankroll to start hunting again when the next skill bonus period - hopefully, soon - returns .

I said to myself, "Be an E-miner" :eureka:

In the past, most of my mining was casual "while-out-hunting" type of mining, or else ore mining, mixed with a lesser amount of e-mining. This led to crafting with low markup resources, rather than selling at tt or auction, leading to another small ped drain.

Here, I would stick with just one kind of mining to avoid this problem, and I chose e-matters because of the lower costs and fewer resources.

I started out running un-amped, with MF-104 and TT-driller, runs of 200 probes or so. I found myself a few areas on Amethera that had a decent mix of resources, few mobs, and no taxes, then started working them over and over.

Almost every run has been at least a small profit after markup, with a nicer runs scattered here and there that push things up. Only one piss-poor run (55%), and only a few more that resulted in a small loss, due to the consistent supply of resources with decent markup.

Once I got my bankroll to about 250ped, I started running with small amps, mostly 102's, sticking to areas I now know quite well. The effective markup on a 102 is so low it is easy to overcome. Still, with just a few small globals along the way, almost every run shows at least a small profit.

When I got to 450ped, I bought a full TT LR32(L) that was cheap and put it in storage, as my bankroll was still enough to keep doing 102-amped runs (195 probes).

To relieve the boredom of endless mining, or waiting on auction sales, I look for places to slide down mountains (skiing w/o skis), and I burn a couple of TT-blades now and then on the fields of Troy.

I've done a good bit of melee skilling this year, and I had a few milestones to turnover, including level 24 Knifefighter (dmg) and closing in on 139 HP and 50 strength.

Currently I'm running a bankroll of 250- 300ped and sitting on 1 gun, working towards the next. I spend virtually all of my time on Calypso turning over peds and skilling while I prepare to go hunting again. Level 45 Laser Sniper (hit) is near at hand, and the march to 50 is on.

Now if I could just get a few peds from my Earth-based account... :laugh:

Back