New LP470

EyeContact

Stalker
Society
Hunters Unlimited
This is my first blog entry here. At first I was gonna bore you with my history and what not, but if you really wanna know you can read it here. It's a little bit about me between my arrival on Calypso and the beginning of 2007.

Over here I'll try to post my experiences regularly, if possible daily, but we'll see how that evolves.

During the day I had been thinking what to hunt after work. I had set my mind to hunt some Tantillions to skill rifle. One of the goals I set to myself early this year was to reach 6k rifle by the end of 2007 and I'm closing in. Tants are very good skill mobs, not only combat related but also defence related.
When I logged in I had some auctions finished so I had some peds to spend on a new (L) weapon. I browsed auctions and noticed a socmate had a LP470 for sale, I send him a PM and he had some more in storage so I could get a few percent discount :cool:
I started chatting with him after I got the gun and he had been hunting feffs, I checked the HoF list and didn't see too many big feff hofs so I decided to give them a try instead of Tants. In my previous experience Feffs give around 50% skillgains compared to Tants, but they're also a lot easier to break even on, because of the markup on the Korss 400.
I went to Fury, got the Kobold out of storage, repaired the Beast, bought 200 ped ammo and TP'ed away.
Got a mini of around 20 ped right in the beginning and I figured that was an indicator to stay there. Loot was average to poor and although there were many hunters around, the amount of globals was very low. Still I didn't feel like changing mobs, the loot cycle on feffs is very hard to predict and sooner or later they will start globalling and you have to be there to get a piece of the cake.
Because there are always many hunters in the Fury area it's not uncommon for a Feff to aggro someone while someone else is shooting it. Exactly this happened tonight and both me and another hunter were shooting the same mob. I think she shot first, then it aggrod me and we both kept shooting. She ended up doing like 1% more dmg and ofcourse that one globalled ... 96 ped. She said "owned" and ran off. I felt a bit pissed because if it would have been the other way around I would certainly have given her a share. I gratz'ed her and went my own way.
Not long after, I was already under 1k ammo at this point, the global finally came for me. 77 ped, 100% pure Korss :)
I finished the last ammo and TP'ed back to Fury. The loots payed for the ammo and the Korss payed for the decay on the LP470 and Beast. About break even I'd call this.
Rifle gains have slowed down even further since my last hunt there. In 200 ped ammo I gained 2.5 levels, currently at 5950.
Not sure if I have time to skill tomorrow, because of the Ambulimania event, but if I do, maybe I'll try some Tants. Will be interesting to see howmany Rifle gains I can get from them with 200 ped medium BLP cells.

That's it for a first entry. Leave a reply if you wish.

EC.

Maybe i should give you 100 peds ammo so that you can loot a korss for me coz i just can´t loot one off the bastards!! =D

Interesting Strong, you can always give me 100 ped ammo, but it looks like something has changed for me lately. Yesterday in 800 ped ammo on Feffs I only looted 1 Korss and that was while in a team, solo it didn't happen and loots weren't even that bad, just no globals.
You are the 3rd person to report their inability to loot Korsses to me, Alek and Guty also seem to have this "problem".

Back