Tough Times

Sorven

Old
Society
Benevolence
Sorven Shrang Shadowsoul
It's been cold, too cold. I've been having some trouble making a living through mining. I blame the bitterness of the wind, it makes it hard to work the controls of the finders properly and so I feel like I've never handled the device before, but of course I have handled it. I'm sure I've missed the signals I'm trying to find, the ones that show a big find, but I lock on to what I can, there just isn't enough time and my hands won't work fast enough. If only I could feel the controls better I'm sure I'd find what I'm looking for.

It's been tough lately, it's a harsh winter here on Calypso. Finding a nice warm place to sleep has been a challenge, but once you settle in and start warming up your stomach reminds you that you need to find some food too, or at least get a few PEC together to buy something, so I take another moment to enjoy the warmth then gather up my tools and head out again, trying desperately to find something. At least I've been able to find some stones to sell, they aren't worth a whole lot but they can get me by for a few days if I find enough of the right ones.

I constantly think about the warm weather returning, remembering what it feels like during the other seasons helps me forget the current conditions. I can't say it's all been hard, there have been a few times where I lock into the right signal and find something that makes life easier, and having the car is nice, so I can warm up once in a while in there, though it cuts into my profits to keep it going so I try not to use it more than I need to. Overall I try to tough it out and hope to make life a little easier. It'll happen, I'm sure it will, enough persistence and some luck and I'll make it. I still dream of finding a place of my own, even just a small apartment would be enough, it's not a large dream, but it's enough to help me forget the troubles.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about going back to Earth and getting a job there, but being here is worth the effort, seeing the raw, natural beauty of the place is worth any amount of money you could make back there in the concrete forests, so the thoughts always pass as quickly as they come. I've got friends here too, I'd miss them if I went back, they help me get through just by reminding me that I'm not alone here, and hearing about their adventures here makes me smile. We each have to work out or own ways here, how we wish to live and how to make our living. I opted to make mine the hard way, through blood, sweat and tears, but it was my choice and when I finally reach my goals I'll be able to look back and remember that, though it was hard, it was worth it.

Nicely written :)

Looking forward for the next post.

Last edited:
versunken;bt3334 said:
Nicely written :)

Looking forward for the next post.

wow this is the way 2 gripe....i feel 4 u fellow miner...6 years not a single au naturel tower 2 warm the spirits....a lone wolf in the outback:)

well writen

Snowwolf;bt3362 said:
wow this is the way 2 gripe....i feel 4 u fellow miner...6 years not a single au naturel tower 2 warm the spirits....a lone wolf in the outback:)

well writen

lol, thanks. Not really a gripe though, more just a story of how hard life can be on Calypso. :)

Hi mate! We haven't met yet in the wilderness of Calypso, but I feel for you. I'm more of the hunting guys, but I know how it is out there.
That cold wind can be a real pain. Fortunately my trusty Opalo is hotter than your gear, so my hands stay warm, but I have sometimes troubles with my armor when there's too much snow falling. And afrozen FAP make you sometimes use the regeneration network more often than you can stand....
There are days when I can't see if I'm already regenerated or if I'm still in transition...

Hang on bro, spring is closing in!

Back