Distribution

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
I want to blog a little but about distribution with regards to the mining profession.

Things are very strange here on planet Calypso and let me show you why.

Various miners use different methods when mining and most of them are trade secrets, what I am going to show today is something quite different from anything that I have mentioned before.

You have just bought 100 bombs from the TT, the area that you can scan now as squares looks like this

XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX

If you drop one bomb, leaving you with 99 bombs what would the remaining area that you can scan look like ?

If you take it as being a portion of what you have already scanned it looks something like this.

CXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX

The odds of getting something if it were random would not change the odds, they would be the same. Every model has the same principle behind it, weather it be a spiral, square, rectangle, circle it does not matter a fraction of the whole remains.

Now this is where things get interesting...

This is how natural world would do an operation like this. I am not making it up, this is documented proof based on observation and deduction.

Give me a couple of seconds to form the array quick....Here is what I am talking about. Its basically how a plant would grow.

When a seed head is added or subtracted from the array, the array remains balanced, each head retains the same relative distance to each other head and to the array as a whole. When this is done to a hex, it leaves a gap, same with a circle, or rectangle. This is inefficient.

I am also working on the assumption, yes you can scoff at me all you want on the forums, that there is no database containing resource nodes, using something similar to this, there does not have to be.

You could of course think of it as growth not decay, that the size of the flower is increasing as you drop charges.

Lets see how that would look like over a set amount of time, 1 second...Basically what this does is show me a path to follow if I were using this kind of system to even out my draws.

I am sorry if I am failing with my explanation, I am trying my best here

This is interesting, no matter which transformation I act on the array it remains the same.

Back