Rocktropia 2.0 prep

Karmic

Stalker
Society
Agents of Entropy
Karmic Karmic Nature
Since rocktropia 2.0 is about to be released it's time to give away the end of my Rocktropia 1.0 adventure and the preparations I made for 2.0. I'm guessing in about 12 hours from this post I'll have some idea about how well it's going to go ;)

After the missions were removed the obvious camping choice to me was vixens. The last time I was on Rocktropia these did not drop anything unique, but with the patch a whole bunch of vixen related robotic parts began to drop. Compared to the normal mob loot these were fairly common so my hope is they will be used in a lot of the lower level crafting for Rocktropia blueprints when 2.0 comes around.

Loot on these looks something like this.

They drop both animal and robot parts as well as unique vixen pieces and makeup, lots of makeup. More importantly, the new discoveries included several golden vixen parts and a golden shaker from thug types. It became my mission to collect these parts in hope that they will be used for something special. I managed to loot two and buy most of the rest, but with a few hours left before the patch I am still missing one piece.

I think the possibilities in increasing order of likelyhood are.
1. They will be a special turn in item for vixen armor or maybe a vixen shopkeeper or robot pet.
2. They will be junk
3. They will be crafting components for rare UL rocktropia blueprints
4. They will be normal crafting components for nothing really special.

Obviously I am hoping for 1 or 3 to be the outcome, if so I got a good deal, if it is 2 or 4 i probably overspent by a lot, but I guess a couple new rock members got a few ped out of it either way.

I continued my vixen hunting (bitch slappin') throughout the week. On the weekend I saw Digital Manager Abduction hosting a trivia contest for event tickets, using my RL powers of typing .2 seconds faster than the second guy I sniped one of the easy questions for a ticket.

Even though I hate Leviathan and Sharks i did enter the event and managed to hit this nice one

Leading to

Enough bonus ped to cover my travel fee and since I've been grinding mindforce anyway I'll go ahead and burn these chips on something small.

A short time later I saw the first discoveries from Honey Kitten Little in Ancient Greece and my plans immediately changed. I had planned to go to Calypso and restock but instead It was off to Next Island with my storage to start farming time crystal parts.

February results
Another almost break even month, I consider that to be a success given the mission farming and inability to sell much of my looted items since anything Rocktropia specific is saved for later.
TT -.64%
Skills+.75%

2.0 Prep

Normally I would wait a month or so to post this info but since the patch is right around the corner I might as well do an honest prep report with no idea of what the results will be (I already know my Next Island trip was/will be a huge success).

During the next month I spent time mining and auction hunting. I have several blueprints that I am prepared to click depending on what discoveries are made, the only one I know I will click for sure is silly jesters to try and loot weapons blueprints. I have also saved up mats from mining to click attachments, tools, clothes, vehicles components, and armor but I'm not expecting much from Armor since the plates are already out.

The tough part was deciding what common resources to save, sadly I don't have unlimited ped so I can't just save up 1kped of every resource not knowing what will be used on rocktropia. I already have Rock blueprints that use lyst, erionite etc so those are easy saves. My hope is that something will use gold, pearl sand, and antimagnetic oil too. Those are uncommon but low value resources I have a lot of but hate to sell at such low prices.

I saved up a bit of alternative rock as well as other random rocks and cocktails i looted while exploring. Which of these will be good is anyone's guess.

From the auction I've been able to purchase random parts like wolf blood, zombie eyes etc. Most of these parts are somewhat uncommon drops. I also knew from experience which vixen parts were more common than others and I was able to grab a few of the uncommon parts for a reasonable price. I hate to pay 1000% for something that may be useless but due to NI success I guess i probably passed some of my good fortune down to others. If even half of the stuff I have is going to be desirable I think I'll do fine.

The second difficulty is I need to bring enough (L) weapons and mining amps to do a lot of hunting and mining so I can't just have a storage full of resources. I bought a few HL8 since the price is good, an HL11 for slightly tougher things, and am bringing all my looted weapons. I wish the dragons breath i have were higher TT, maybe I can borrow one from a friend ;) If not when I run out of weapons it's back to my trusted T2 embra C1 UL on low level mobs while scouring the auction for new Rock drops. As far as Armor(L) I'm still good for several months with what I have.

The 2.0 plan

Day 1. Click calypso weapons, tools, attachments, components, vehicles and clothes. Hope for lots of new (l) blueprints. Hope for new UL rocktropia books. Click as many of the basic ones as I can to loot new basic ones. Sell whatever resources are left over that I can't use to people that can use them to cover some of my losses.

Day 2. Explore!

Obviously the plan fell apart on day 1. Currently formulating a new plan.

for work on zombie 10k mission turn to page 14.
for hunt noob mobs with mindforce in front of CoD and hope that BPs start dropping soon turn to page 45.
for bite the bullet, craft anyway and use the ped for hunting dragons turn to page 123.
for getting my part of a large ped infusion so i can do whatever I want by selling a full set of shadow (F) turn to Xcite.

Back