The Eudoria Coast Walk - heading east to Nymphtown

Craf

Provider
Society
We are the Fish
Crazy Fish
coast-walk-after-the-oil-rig.jpg

Ready for the next stage

At this stage my aim was still to walk to Nymphtown. I found this a tricky place to get to when I was first exploring the continent. Back then I tried many routes, and eventually found the approach from the south, across the lake, to be the safest. This time, however, I have a Sleipnir to help me out of tricky situations, although the aim of walking the route means that I use that only as a last resort.

I was amazed that 30 seconds into my walk I came across some Common Dung right next to the gun turret. I saw it as a sign of good ground-loot to come, and set off in a south-easterly direction.

This was not a good direction to take because of the mountains that rise up to the east of the Oil Rig zone. They make eastwards movement very tricky and I had a number of false starts before I realised I had to head north, away from my destination in order to get to a passable route.

Once up into the foothills, having left a region inhabited by Berycled I found marauding bands of Maffoid which didn't take kindly to my presence in what they must have seen as their teritory. But after a few close shaves I started to leave them behind, only to discover Armax Bulls were blocking my route to Nymphtown.

Well, getting closer to those Armax was my quickest way to finish the trip to Nymphtown, and I chose it. A short revive later, and I was standing on the jetty at the edge of the lake gazing across at the island in the centre.

coast-walk-chateau-liberte.jpg

Chateau Liberte, on the island south of Nymphtown

The swim to the island was uneventful, as there seem to be no creatures in the lake at all. Perhaps it is something to do with pollution from the factories at Nymphtown. On the island I discovered a castle - Chateau Liberte, which contains a shop. There wasn't much for sale - just some thigh guards of various types, including Paladin Male Thigh Guards, which are quite hard to get your hands on. There was also a Riker UL2 (L) for sale, which I might have bought if I had enough money with me.

The walk on the island was quite successful for fruit hunting with two finds of Bombardo totalling 321 and one find of 36 Papplon. After this success I swam to the eastern shore of the lake and flew to the coast for the real start of my coast walk.

coast-walk-the-real-start.jpg

On the coast at last. This was the starting point for my clockwise circuit of Eudoria (location: 88747, 76622).

some great screenshots there and a very interesting read, i have just stumbled upon it, hence the post of mine well after you did it!!

Back