Yet Another Hillclimb

Miles

Prowler
Society
Al Nahar Wanderers
Stanley Miles Stardust
This one caught me by surprise - I only noticed the road from the air when flying overhead. I was planning on landing on top if I could (I did) and my first drive was from the top down.

Here is the mountain from a distance. It is located on the island south of Memorial Island.

And here is an overhead view of the mountaintop.

The bottom of the course is mostly fast, but the rocks on the road are solid, and in some places you must be careful to avoid them.

The upper section is full of tight swtichbacks and steep drops, and the road end just short of the summit.

The decent is pretty tricky, too. This is the only hillclimb I recall coming across with solid rocks that seem strategically arranged - adding to the challenge in some key areas. I suspect this was created at the same time the rally track was added to the island to the west, but I hadn't been on this island since that remake of the Myrene server area. It also lacks highly visible cuts in the mountain that give most of these roads away from a distance.

A nice surprise.

EU must have been thinking of you....

One more thing - you can do this in a hummer. Most hill climbs are too steep for the low-grip jeep, but this one, while tricky, can be done. It handles the rocks a bit better, too.

Back