Fear the Inferiors!

sir odd

Jack of All Trades
odd sir odd bunny
With VU 9.1 the mob skins came back into loot. Yay, my beloved skins! Tailoring clothing without any mob skin is like making a blank painting and trying to sell it. What is cool is animal hides and wool came in abundant stacks now, I looted almost 200 hides from one mob! :wtg:

But wait! A new profession is here, textiles! Now what was a simple procedure now requires more work. That shouldn't matter...get the new bp and get to work. "Large Striped texture...requires 1 wool cloth *got plenty of*...and 1 inferior cloth extractor." Shouldn't be too hard to find.

2 hours and 10k ammo of hunting results in lots of mob oil and 0 inferior extractors from atrax and other fun loving mob. Quite a few other extractors, but not the ones I needed to work with.

But really, if there's a new profession introduced to everyone, shouldn't at least the main basic component drop like hides do, so everyone has a chance to at least try it, not just the ubbers or the big pocketbooks? People need motivation to craft this stuff, not pay large sums out their back pockets! While I have faith that these 'Inferior cloth extractors' will eventually follow the same path as the combat processors and fall in price, it's not a good way to start something new.

Funny thing last night was hunting the longu/atrax in the center of Eudoria, I picked up about 600 animal hides and 92 wool. While I was one happy tailor with that amount, it began to weight me down, as if I was mining. Almost scary to think the 'Goot tailoring refiner' will become standard issue during my hunts! After a few globals my soc mates doing a hunt elsewhere couldn't move they had so much! One had to go back to town to grab some refiners. Now that is something!

Back