The Next 5 Years

Miles

Prowler
Society
Al Nahar Wanderers
Stanley Miles Stardust
I'm excited, which is the same place I started 5 years ago. (Not that their weren't some less exciting times along the way, for there were.) My original 10 year goal was to be something vaguely uber - to be playing at a high level and to be a name in the game, so to speak.

Just writing that now seems both silly and egotistical, but at the time it meant something different. In a game with no end, no winning, no set goal, it was a way of defining what winning meant on my own terms.

I knew there would always be those ahead of me, either from a head start, a faster pace, or both - but 10 years would see me outlast most. I also felt 5 years ago that the Universe was young, and while it seemed at the time like I was late to the party, in the long run it would prove to be an early start - all things considered.

So what am I specifically aiming for, now that the future is not far off? Well, in a sense the future has arrived. In the past 5 years MA has delivered, more or less, the promise that was a big part of the draw. One persistent universe with multiple planets, connected by space and joined by economics, where I could travel - with my skills and PED's - from one game-world to another.

Before this came about, I didn't even know how to image what that would be like. Now that is beginning to bloom, it is easier to see.

So here are a couple specifics: 1) Revenue producing property to support my play - in the form of CLD land claims - with a developed estate, on my home world of Calypso. 2) In space, I want to own a persistent ship - one I can walk around on, log on to and off of, and capable of warp speed. I suspect it could be a class of ship that does not yet exist.

Those both seem like huge goals on my still modest budget, but 5 years is a good amount of time and I hope my budget is more accommodating in the future.

I will continue exploring, and to try out new worlds, adding those I like into my game play, and to build on my overall knowledge of the game. I will also continue to skill - my motto early on was "keep shooting" - at a steady pace, as fast as my bankroll permits, but never stopping.

I will also continue to participate in any vehicle race, wherever and whenever I can. (Sometime in the next 5 years, I'll even beat Staticsleep in the Sea/Air/Land race at New Switzerland - I can dream can't I?)

Whatever may come, I'll be out there playing to have fun as I work towards my long term goals with patience, perseverance, and a positive attitude.

Why I am still excited? Because there is so much to do, so much still to come, and still so much possibility. I want to keep being a part of it.

Back