Argonauts

Doer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
David "Doer" Falkayn
argo.gif

What a ridiculous (and transparent, apparently) moon!
Preface

With the clock ticking before the Iron Challenge Nerf, a sudden electrical storm left my new computer nonfunctional. A move and an otherwise busy month later, I tried the computer again and it was miraculously recovered. I hoped to finish Corn and Argo missions still, and spent about a month running around PvP (2?) hacking the little cornundacaudas in the sparse spawn with the Philosopher swords i had bought for that specific purpose months ago. By the time i finished the 5k mission, it was clear that i was going to run out of time. I was almost done with the 5k Argo mission since the Argo Scout event, and knew there was a better spawn of Argos. After mopping up the rest of the 5k, it was off to see Jack's slightly less-known — but just as paranoid-psychotic — cousin, who took up Argo Armageddon instead of antiterrorism.

argo-reward.gif

Sandor Bauer and his mysterious open box
The Grind

I was pleasantly surprised by the Argo spawn north of Twin Peaks. It was everything the Corn spawn wasn't.

Kit

For maximum eco, i used the ARC Pilot armor for very low-level protection — but at an eco ~18 dpp cost, and Medkits imported from The THING for the rest (at a defensive cost of 24dpp!) It's pretty cool-looking armor. Too bad it has such poor protection...

I decided to amp the imk2 and plan on always switching to lower damage weapons for last 1/3 to 1/4 of kill. This worked well, with four hits from the imk2, one or two from the p4a+A104, and finishing up (if necessary) with the labrys.

Outcome

Output (PEDs):
  • Melee: 604
  • P4a: 77
  • imk2: 126
  • Total offensive: 11,485 (includes scope and sights)
  • Armor decay: 9.6
  • FAP: 19.5
  • Total defensive: 29.1 (0.25% total lol)
  • TOTAL: 11,514

Loot: 11,171 (-343)
Return: 97%

The return was a pleasant surprise after my 86.1% return during the Argo Scout event. I had 10 globals, including a 325 PED HOF, which was a much better ratio than during said event. Unfortunately, Argo loot is now boring as hell, with not so much as a mask or useless Knight Thigh Guard (f) in the HOF, and only about 300 PEDs total iron looted. I did loot two Young Argo Claws, 1 Lacerating Strike I and 1 Corrosive Attach Nanochip and 81 Argo skins, but not even a single lesser TP chip. In other words, there was not much markup. Only 102 PEDs to date, with most of the oil still in storage and not much hope of it going up in price to something worthwhile.

Skill Reward

As the last Iron Challenge mission chain before The Great Mission Nerf, I thought carefully about which option to take:

Perception (60 PED):
  • Laser Sniper (Hit): 65.13 -> 65.29
  • Health: 172.18 -> 172.69
Combat Reflexes (60 PED):
  • Laser Sniper (Hit): 65.13 -> 65.25
  • Health: 172.18 -> 172.43
  • Evader: 39.47 -> 39.90
I seriously considered taking the Perc because there are less missions that offer it and it was a better boost for both Health and Sniper, but after seeing that 22.65 PEDs of it are the only option for the 6000 point stage of the Levi mission, i went with the CR as i had planned to since the Steel Bird mission.

argo_finished.gif

Farewell, Stamina points and unnerfed skill options!

Back