A (few) funny things happened to me last night...

Coelacanth

Stalker
Coelacanth Coelacanth Maryka
I haven't added to my blog in a while, but a couple humorous happenings...happened last night. I was scouting all over for a good place to take some "after" avatar screenshots, and remembered the pretty waterfalls & pools on Memorial Isle. It's usually deserted so I was a tad surprised when I got the usual lag hiccups that happen whenever new green dots freshly appear on the radar.

Up ahead, one green dot appeared. I approached; it was right about where the pool was, at the bottom of the main falls. Ran up the bank; the avatar must've been taking a swim. I dove in and swam down, and what do I see? Not one--but two female avatars, clothed as scantily as possible, skinnydipping together! :rolleyes: I guess I barged in on a secret sea-side sojourn! :rolleyes: (I'm kicking myself for not taking a screenie.)

Later on last night as I was getting ready to logoff for the night, I thought I'd drop in at Twin Peaks and check out the mutant avatar situation as we're down to the last few days before our avs become permanent. I've always had the same odd observation of Twin--why do all the avatars stand around in a ring staring & facing inwards at the TP? It's like everyone's expecting someone famous to arrive at any moment.

Not wanting to disappoint everyone, I usually stand in the middle when I TP in, and look out at the ring-of-players. ;) Seems idiotic to me to run out to the ring, turn 180 degrees and face the middle, I guess. Lemming behavior. Also because if I move too much in Twin, I'll CTD. :eyecrazy: I usually try to make some kind of conversation whenever I'm in a town, crack a few jokes, make thought-provoking observations such as the "ring around the TP" one aforementioned...anyway, this guy kenji must've taken offense and basically told me if I didn't like it, to go someplace else; "nothing to see here" he said. I walked up to his avatar and indeed, there wasn't much to see there.

That was when he whips out his trusty scanner tool to have a peep at me, and exclaims, "How many chips did you eat?" I replied "Zero, I'm 100% naturally skilled". I guess this is how an inferior player tries to insult a higher-skilled avatar as being a n00b, or something...is it so hard to believe that a player could have come by their skills the NATURAL way? Is this what EU has come to??

Strangely, kenji goes on to insult my low health and whatever else he found on EntropiaTracker; I reply that I'm a sniper, I typically try to kill stuff without taking damage & armor decay as much as possible, and that I don't skill melee that much, but whatever. That's twice now that some idiot uses EntropiaTracker as their "player reference bible" to attempt to "know" an avatar/player. Thought it was ironic he assumed I "ate chips" and put down my health level in the same breath, practically. :scratch2:

Tip: To most vets, EntropiaTracker is but a new tool and doesn't track a ton of data from years and years ago. To rely on this info is foolish.

Had a couple laughs to round out my evening, though. :D

Back