How to play Entropia Universe

aVaLON_52

Elite
Society
ᴄʀɪᴍꜱᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟꜱ
Avalon Butterfly Erupter
Wanted to put this in the Tutorial section, but just decided it's more of a personal mindset than a guide to others; or a philosophy rather.

So let's get this started. I think it's probably safe to say with the amount of time and devotion I put into this game that I'm pretty much addicted. And I'm ok with that.

So to play this game. I'm just gonna skip right to the point.

EU is definately not meant to be mastered overnight. The game is best played REALLY SLOW AND SIMPLE.

WARNING if things ever get COMPLEX.... or you feel HIGH EMOTIONS..it's either a really good thing or a really bad thing. And if you're not sure, then it's more than likely a really bad thing. Just walk away!

I say to play the game really slow and for good reason.

My brother started the game and wanted to advance so quick that he bought gear that was over his level...the rest goes without saying but I'll reveal for those of you that need specifics.

Using gear above your level is flat out uneconomical and if you haven't learned that by now you need to just go sweat carabok until you have a mentor that can teach you DPP.

Nonetheless my brother burned all his peds with NIL to cycle. Made his shitty review of the game and off he went on his merry way.

I'm sure a lot of people have heard that story and it will happen much more in the future... Can't fix stupid.

When done with a hunt.. what do you do?
Throw all your crap in the storage. Repair. Buy ammo and go hunt some more?

Ok well.. eventually you're gonna have to cycle those loots.
This is the part where you need to slow down and use your brain.

Cycling loots is a whole other tutorial.
Basically just pay attention to MU.

Sometimes PED is high and sometimes low.
The balance on your PED card that is.

And in turn this will dictate your actions in the game. It's tempting to take on higher risk activities when your PED card is higher. Or you may feel like hunting bigger mobs, which is fine. But if your PED balance is about 100 or less, deciding to go hunt proterons may not be the wisest decision.

I'm going to close this entry with an old saying for you to keep in mind while playing EU. I will be certainly heeding this as well:

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Back