W and the F

Clam Jamphrie

Old Alpha
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Clam Jboy Jamphrie
Oh, well it goes to show how long I’ve posted in my sketchbook diary, it’s all this blog malarkey now. Ah well here goes…

It’s been a while I know, but there’s not really been a lot to report. I am still somehow unemployed even though I have been applying for at least 3 jobs a week (to adhere to my job seekers agreement) and after several interviews I still seem to be unemployable. Maybe I should stop turning up to interviews naked. I have also sold off most of my stuff in-game. All my lovely things have gone, but I still have my Bear armour, my Karma Killer and my shades. Plates, Rifles etc have all been sold for ammo. 2008 started much as 2007 left off, with disappointment, but I determined to make it a good year nonetheless and get a god damn job!
Looking on the Brightside however, the WoF is but couple of months away and I have plenty of time on my hands to make it all look as lovely as possible. I’m working on an ad banner at the moment, the likes of which you would never of seen before (I hope) and Hurrikane is cracking the whip on my arse harder than ever this year! I have to say that since the end of WoF ’07 Hurrikane has been working hard on WoF 08 and after many meetings with him until the early hours of the morning at WoF HQ (my flat) he seems to have come up with a fantastic sequel to last years event. All of which means a shed load of work for me but at least it keeps me off the streets and I enjoy doing it.
So, ‘what have you got to show us Clam’ I hear you cry. Well, even though it’s been bandied about a bit on the forum and some people have used it for their WoF siggies I thought I would give a tiny insight to the new WoF logo. After the success of last years WoF we agreed that the new logo should be simpler and more dynamic. Hurrikane also wanted the look and feel of it to tie in more with the game itself, so after much doodling I came up with the blue logo below. As you can see I took the Entropia Universe thumbnail and squished it about a bit to form the W and the F. Clever eh? I also wanted to use the tagline ‘The game just got better’ but the powers that be thought this would be too cocky, so I discreetly popped it into the scope graphic and had my way after all. So if anybody has ever wondered what the writing in the scope was, that is it.

WoF08blog.jpg

Lovely job Clammy..... whats the WoF? ;)

I feel so out of the loop.....and sad.

Nice work, JJ... So I guess I must go on waiting for that siggie..

I like the use of the EU blue there looks kinda more contextual than the futuristic computer terminal green.

Back