Argocide and Fun With Trains!

Coelacanth

Stalker
Coelacanth Coelacanth Maryka
Evening, Feb. 7, 2008 – After Work

I decide to hunt some Argonauts this evening. So I head out near the orb and head into the fray. After 20 minutes of hunting, I see a green dot training a large number of red dots and he’s headed my way, so I think “Great, saves me having to run around!”, as I’m nonchalantly offing a trio of argos. When the avatar appears on-screen, to my shock, I see that he has brought me a pair of Aetherex, Atrax Old and an Armax Cow Guardian! Before I even have a moment to think, “Maybe I should’ve worn the Nemesis”, I die as honorably as possible, with my M2875 blazing at full fire speed (discounting lag, that is).

I quickly revive, teleport back, and continue the fray. I see that someone is still training around with some big mobs, but now that I’m prepared for it, I down a few Aetherex (Mature and Young), finish off the Armax Cow Guardian I had reduced earlier, and kill off another Armax Cow Guardian, while another avatar fights off an Aetherex and Armax Bull Provider. All the while fending off all those pesky argos. After all is said and done, someone has not claimed the loot of one of the big birds, but it’s not mine, so I get back to the task at hand: all-out argocide.

After about an hour, I get a common crap 62 PED global with matching low-TT M & F Paladin masks and oils. Practically no markup. But because the global happened early on in my hunt, I decide to stay, and I believe I hunt another hour there, killing as many argos as I can while gaining almost 600 kg of weight, most of it in iron. After however many argos as I can kill with my gear in 2.5 or so hours, a low-TT F knight thigh (no markup) and 15-PED Nerve Blast III chip (almost no markup), I decide to unload and hunt something else hopefully a little more profitable. At least there were no HOFs on argos while I’m there, not this time anyway.

After unloading, I head east of Phoenix and lay waste to a large number of feffs and cudas over the next hour and a half or so. (I really wish there was a utility that would count the number of mobs killed!) Nothing eventful happens loot-wise other than noticing a few feff globals going to other avatars, but that usually doesn’t concern me much, as there’s always a few (or even several) people hunting feffs in the area.

I finally return to storage and unload the 578 kg of weight I accumulated, and logoff as I have some RL errands to run.

You might try taking some refiners with you on your hunts Coel ;)

Nah, at least not at this spawn...with so many dots on radar, I usually don't have to walk too far to shoot more argos. ;) And fortunately it's only one TP-hop back to the teleporter.

Back