Everything, but EU

Hrafninn

Coffee addict
Society
OldTimers
Herr Hrafninn Hrafninn
To be honest, I haven't been in EU for two days now since I've been way too busy setting up my new gaming rig (or what people tend to call a good computer). It did set me back around $2k, but it's one hell of a computer compared to my old one. Here are some of the specs:

• Antec Nine Hundred black miditower
  • Asus P5K Premium/WIFI-AP, P35, DDR2
  • Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz
  • Corsair TWIN2X 6400C4DHX DDR2, 4096MB
  • 2 x Western Digital Caviar GP 500GB SATA2
  • XFX GeForce 9800GTX 675M 512MB GDDR3
  • Corsair Powersupply 550W Bulk, black
  • Samsung DVD-burner SH-S202J IDE
  • USB2 multi card reader 3.5" black

To be perfectly honest I ordered it assembled and ready. I'm not professional when it comes to assembling computers and I'm sure people with experience would do a better job. Guess what, they put together a monster. Steadily built and robust to say the very least. I decided to go with Windows XP nevertheless since I just can't stand Vista as of yet. The RAM might be slightly suffering (only 3.2GB) and I won't be able to use DirectX 10, but at least I know what I'm dealing with.

To break it in I first tried EU with high resolution and every setting turned on and it's a smooth experience, not to mention it looks better than I ever knew it could. Today I also tried Crysis! The game might be the usual FPS story, but it looks really nice. With the highest possible settings I only noticed a slight lag in dense areas, without doubt playable. Let's hope we'll get to see more CS2 games in the future, preferably more original and entertaining than Crysis. ;)

To change the subject from my precious computer I might announce that I have gotten a tattoo on my arm! Just a few days ago I had an appointment and all in all it took around three hours. The motive is quite original and the tattoo artist was impressed with the idea. I guess he was happy that he got to make something that wasn't about dragons, skulls or butterflies for once.

Too bad I couldn't get a shot of the whole tattoo. It was hard enough holding the camera with one hand and at the same time trying to show off the entire right upper arm. To explain the motive it's of the manga/anime series Saikano. I don't think I have to mention I find it to be really good. The story of it is also something that can be left out. It's not the hardest thing in the world to find out more about it with the powers of the Internet if you are interested. Let me say that I'm not quite looking forward telling my mom about it, but it was my decision and I did it in secret since I didn't want anyone to preach how horrible tattoos are and whatnot. I can say that I'm really happy about how it came out and I don't have any reason to hide such a nice piece of art to anyone really.

That concludes my first blog post almost completely unrelated to EU. I promise my next one will be entirely devoted to the game since that's why we're on EF anyway. ;)

Hey Hraf, nice gaming-rig and cool tattoo. I've been looking for the post about your sys-specs for a while now on FoFW-Forum only to stumble upon your profile here through a link on your WHC site :)

Back