PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

Entropia Fiction Writers

1. Wistrel
    Wistrel
    Really wanted to do something like this for a while so figured I'd create a group, see who I could get to join and take it from there. Not sure what will come out of it but figured it was worth getting everyone together in one place and just seeing what happens
  2. PINKY
    PINKY
    Hi all! Only written the one story myself so far, but certainly hope to do more in the future!

Great idea Wist!!
  3. Wistrel
    Wistrel
    Woo hey I got someone! Just been through the EF fiction section and invited everyone who's posted stories (and discovered some great looking new ones I havn't read yet in the process ). Sent invites to a few others who's stories I really enjoyed reading also (Kira, Epic and even Marco and Frank - well one can try ), I doubt I got everyone though.

Since I've already found some new stories to read as a result of trying to set this up I reckon its already worthwhile
  4. DeeDee
    DeeDee
    I used to write for The Gate, but don't have time and energy to write nowdays.
  5. Oracle
    Oracle
    OK I'm in though I've been kinda quiet on the writing front recently.

Occasionally something pops into my head though so hopefully I'll contribute something of interest in time
  6. Edana
    Edana
    ive written a couple of stories about sims but for PE i cant seem to get a nice story =/
    i began writing a couple but i have no idea how to finish them XD
    only 1 i published here also only the start ;P

oh well its always nice to read good stories
  7. kira-red
    kira-red
    real life (and some game) activities have prevented me from writing anything recently. perhaps, having this group will inspire me to start again.

I do have an outline for a story I started. although, when the diaries section was closed, I lost interest in finishing it. I know there is the blog section, but this sort of story is unsuitable for a blog entry.
  8. Alice
    Alice
    hey all

didn't plan to write any other story anytime soon ^^
  9. Doer
    Doer
    Howdy everyone. I'm think i used up my narrative juices for now with my long blog serial, but every now and then i dream something up and have a hankering for some creative writing and will cover it in my blog. Right now i'm mostly AFK working IRL, but it's all technical writing. :/

It would be nice to coordinate some efforts at some point within this group, perhaps even help out with background stories for MA events and such if Marco is interested. I'm a big sci-fi fan and that creative and liberating context of narration is often what keeps me engaged in games, movies, and books.
  10. Doer
    Doer
    Ahhhhh no "edit" functionality here -- that's gonna trip me up. Sorry about the typos in that last post.
  11. Apple GREEN
    Apple GREEN
    Hi,
    I get fantasy diarea at times, and just write what goes into my head, sometimes it's readable, sometimes not so
  12. Tidesong
    Tidesong
    Hiya I only so far wrote the one story for TCP, I'm really busy with other things but who knows I may do something else up one day
  13. Darker_Star
    Hi, thanks for the invite..

DS..
  14. LarsMac
    LarsMac
    Well, I am honored to be in such company. Now I WILL have to finish my journal
  15. Zumii
    Zumii
    Nice Idea....will get the juices flowing for another story ;~} Only 1 so far from me as well
  16. Oracle
    Oracle
    What about a piece of EU fiction with everyone in this group contributing a paragraph (or sentence or paragraphs) to it?

It could be like an 'open source' piece of writing with the end result being various versions of the story due to numerous editings by each writer?

I think this could be fun and it would be interesting to see the end result(s)

Edit: AppleGreen...I didn't mean it to be like a 'game', it would be a genuine attempt to jointly create an interesting piece of fiction.

Sort of like brainstorming: reading the other posts I see I'm not the only one who starts stories and then gets stuck.

All I'd need is a new idea from someone, a different perspective, and I'd be away again I reckon
  17. Apple GREEN
    Apple GREEN
    This will be like the broken telephone game we played looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago

edit: cool, an edit button Ok, I see what you mean, u r so right about starting and not finishing something Well we can try
  18. Wistrel
    Wistrel
    Woweee look at all the people! =D

heck lot to reply to (fires up 2nd window)

DeeDee - the GATE??? Seriously? I LOVED that, it was probably my biggest draw to Entropia as I read all of them before signing up. I'd love to talk to you about that more sometime maybe?

Edana - I think most of us have only written one or two or just bits of stories. My problem is I seem to get scenes in my head that sometimes I write down. They arn't coherant though, just small chunks and are only really suitable for my diary (which I lost interest in after the blog milarki came about). I think most things I think of fit an overriding story but if it was ever all put together it would be about the size of kira's and I know I'll never be able to write that much....

Kira - great to hear it. You already know I'm a huge fan (have read "confessions" twice and the bit with the peer really got me both times). Yup have to aggree about the blogs, I don't like them either but understand why Neo made them and that they have a purpose... I just don't feel its the same purpose as the diaries... maybe I'm just old fashioned?

Doer - I'm loving your diary right now, particularly reliving some of the events of my time on Calypso and the stuff about the revival terminal! My first story talked about that too cause, even though its simply a game mechanic, I find the idea that something like that could really exist fascinating. You may enjoy a book called "down and out in the magical kingdom" its only short but it seems to feature a revival system very similar to your take on things... actually I should really finish reading it myself cause certainly the first half was very good. I like the idea of helping MA with the story/events explanations, not sure how it could come about but I'm hoping Marco and Frank might say "hi" in here since they wrote the first stuff.

Tidesong - was that Blackout? I liked that. Yeh really wish I could write more stories for TCP.... problem is I can never think of anything thats short and punchy enough for a magazine. Ideally I'd like to write something like Az's story in The Entropian but I seem to lack ideas for that sort of thing. Need to think of something that goes "blah blah blah TWIST!"

LArsMac and Zumii - yay!

Oracle - sounds fun but do those things really work? I guess there's no harm in trying... I spose the danger is that two people might try and continue at the same time... I guess if that happens you call it part 5.b or something, effectively creating a fork in the story. Its up to whoever continues next to pick whichever fork they want to work from ^_^

I may even have the start of a story we could use to kick that one off. Its a random one... I was on my way home and it suddenly started throwing it down so I had to dash into the nearest pub for a while till the rain eased.... this got me thinking about weather on Calypso, I had some paper on me and nothing to do so started something I'm probably never going to finish. Its just a scene really so anything could happen at the moment...
  19. Oracle
    Oracle
    Oracle - sounds fun but do those things really work? I guess there's no harm in trying... I spose the danger is that two people might try and continue at the same time... I guess if that happens you call it part 5.b or something, effectively creating a fork in the story. Its up to whoever continues next to pick whichever fork they want to work from ^_^

Yes that will probably happen Wistrel and there could be a number of versions of the 'same' piece of writing as different writers go off on their own particular tangent.

It would still be a collaboration though, with some stories maybe only containing the words of a couple of writers and others more than this.

I may even have the start of a story we could use to kick that one off. Its a random one... I was on my way home and it suddenly started throwing it down so I had to dash into the nearest pub for a while till the rain eased.... this got me thinking about weather on Calypso, I had some paper on me and nothing to do so started something I'm probably never going to finish. Its just a scene really so anything could happen at the moment...

Wistrel if you or anyone else wants to start this off then that would be great!
  20. Wistrel
    Wistrel
    Re: Down and out in the magical Kingdom

Just realised the book is free to distribute (google for it)!

"I released this book a little over a year ago under the terms of a Creative Commons license that allowed my readers to freely redistribute the text without needing any further permission from me. In this fashion, I enlisted my readers in the service of a grand experiment, to see how my book could find its way into cultural relevance and commercial success. The experiment worked out very satisfactorily...."

oooh you should read the rest of that, pretty interesting stuff!

The first bit of the actual story btw:

"I lived long enough to see the cure for death; to see the rise of the Bitchun
    Society, to learn ten languages; to compose three symphonies; to realize my
    boyhood dream of taking up residence in Disney World; to see the death of
    the workplace and of work.

I never thought I’d live to see the day when Keep A-Movin’ Dan would
    decide to deadhead until the heat death of the Universe.

Dan was in his second or third blush of youth when I first met him, sometime late-XXI. He was a rangy cowpoke, apparent 25 or so, all rawhide squint-lines and sunburned neck, boots worn thin and infinitely comfortable. I was in the middle of my Chem thesis, my fourth Doctorate, and he was taking a break from Saving the World, chilling on campus in Toronto and core-dumping for some poor Anthro major. We hooked up at the Grad Students’ Union—the GSU, or Gazoo for those who knew—on a busy Friday night, spring-ish. I was fighting a coral-slow battle for a stool at the scratched bar, inching my way closer every time the press of bodies shifted, and he had one of the few seats, surrounded by a litter of cigarette junk and empties, clearly encamped."
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook