PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

MA does not want real artists in game?

1. mastermesh
    mastermesh
    copy of a support ticket I submitted recently... and the responses I got...
    Is it ok to advertise real world things such as websites on in game signs? I am a real world artist, and tried to enter the art competition with a screen a while back, but never got to do so since I could not find Simon online when I was online. Since things like this art competition exist, it makes me want to put more things related to art in game. Would it be ok for me to put more pictures of my real world art on signs in my booth, and have urls of websites listed on the signs that show where people can go to buy things such as the posters that have images related to the image on the sign? What I am thinking about doing is sort of using one sign and putting a bunch of ads on it for different websites that I'll have various pictures on. The sign will point people to where to go online to find the items with that image on it, or alternatively, where to go online to buy the actual original artwork. I do not want to do this if it's against the EULA, but since there was an art competition in game with screens, I suspect that this sort of thing would be ok? However, I want official word from you if it is or not before I proceed since I don't want to do something that is against the EULA.
    Hi,

The ad system is meant to be used for in-world purposes. Ads for society websites are accepted, but it is not allowed to advertise for real world companies or websites with no connection to the Entropia Universe.

You need to distinguish between two different systems:

1. Private Signs and Screens

This system can be used to upload participant content from your PC for display in your estate or for sale.

2. The global Ad System

The global ads are displayed throughout the Virtual Universe on the main Ad Display
    Boards. This system is not connected to the private signs and screens and cannot be used for uploading participant content. In order to create such an ad you need to access one of the AD TERMINALS in one of the major cities (e.g. Twin Peaks). Ads in the global ad system will be limited to the options provided in the Ad Terminal.

Kind regards,
    Entropia Universe Support
    Let me rephrase my question...

Is putting images from an art portfolio on a private sign that will be displayed in a booth or apartment allowed if the ads on the sign show a website url that the artist in question is using? The ad system would be used for in world purposes since people could request that the artist in question put the art on other signs for them in game. Alternatively, the ads would also be for the artist's website. I figured since there was recently an officially sponsored art show in Entropia Universe, there would be official support for this sort of thing, but don't want to go against the EULA or anything by starting something like this.
    Hi,

The ad system is meant to be used for in-world purposes. Ads for society websites are accepted, but it is not allowed to advertise for real world companies or websites with no connection to the Entropia Universe.

We would like to suggest that you contact the marketing department at www.mindark.com with this question.

Kind regards,
    Entropia Universe Support
    so I guess... maybe it's time someone created a society of artists in game so that that society's website can be utilized properly without going against the eula? It just does not seem to make sense to me that they make all these nice private signs for us to use, which would be awesome in game art portfolios, but don't allow us to use them to show off our real world art... especially since they are doing in game art shows to uh, allow us to show off our real world art in game? What is the purpose of the art show in game if not to get artists thinking along these lines?
  2. Shadowmage
    Shadowmage
    Why contacting Support on any matter, they're known for kind of bad responses

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook