Tiering up seems a little unfair to new players.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
With all the new things that MA has introduced in the past couple of years to help new players like UL with low skill requirement weapons etc., hence the availability of tiering is much greater IMO. Not so much the weapons because of the low damage, but maybe for range enhancers. But how about armor. I think there is real need for tiering up armor because of the added protection or less decay with the right enhancers. Also the UL FAPs.

What I think is the unfair part is the puntys do not give Baz fragments which are used for the upgrades and with the way MA has cut the drop rate their costs get higher and higher. I just think it is kind of unfair for new player to have no chance to get the Baz frags in loot and have to buy them to do any upgrading. Just my opinion.

With all the new things that MA has introduced in the past couple of years to help new players like UL with low skill requirement weapons etc., hence the availability of tiering is much greater IMO. Not so much the weapons because of the low damage, but maybe for range enhancers. But how about armor. I think there is real need for tiering up armor because of the added protection or less decay with the right enhancers. Also the UL FAPs.

What I think is the unfair part is the puntys do not give Baz fragments which are used for the upgrades and with the way MA has cut the drop rate their costs get higher and higher. I just think it is kind of unfair for new player to have no chance to get the Baz frags in loot and have to buy them to do any upgrading. Just my opinion.

Blazar Fragments drop very commonly from Exarosaur, a mob which would only really interest low level/new players in terms of farming, which creates a new source of MU for them, which helps them.

Also, tiering low level items is not nearly as valuable as tiering high level items in most cases, so this to me seems like a very obvious and deliberate change.

Here is a link to the Blazar Fragment EntropiaWiki page which you could have checked yourself to get this information.

Here is a link to the EntropiaWiki homepage so that you can bookmark it and use it as a source of information in the future.

:thumbup:

New players should not waste their time or peds with tiering any armor lower than angel. The cost vs benefit is just not there.

Same with weapons under 40-50 base dps.

And with heal kits it's just unnessisary to tier at low levels since the price for very strong heal kits has dramatically fallen over the years.

Perhaps it's just me but it seems that anything that costs more than 3$ is offensive to you.

Got fragments coming out my ears and no use for them. Cost to benefit of tiering is just too complex to saddle a new player with too... unfortunately, the trend in new players is to expect tiering to be THE thing to do.
So I don't see anything resembling a fragment shortage. Rather, I see a huge gap ways to ease the transition from "newbie expecting this to be (insert other game name)" to an adjusted Entropian who has some concept of when and where to use tiers. And we also need an easier transition for new players from trying to do everything on their own, to collaborative play (the market).

And yes, it's true, my single most hunted mob is exarosaur. Though I have not checked in a while... it might be merp now :laugh:

... I'm having difficulty thinking of good reasons to use tiered gear on punies

I would guess the majority of items tiered come from people like myself with OCD and cannot let it go.

You only tier gear for events, which makes 99% of gear pointless to tier. Mining excluded.

New/low level players should not tier anything anyways.

Blazar Fragments drop very commonly from Exarosaur, a mob which would only really interest low level/new players in terms of farming, which creates a new source of MU for them, which helps them.

Also, tiering low level items is not nearly as valuable as tiering high level items in most cases, so this to me seems like a very obvious and deliberate change.

Here is a link to the Blazar Fragment EntropiaWiki page which you could have checked yourself to get this information.

Here is a link to the EntropiaWiki homepage so that you can bookmark it and use it as a source of information in the future.

:thumbup:

I actually didn't know these were still dropping, good to know!

I guess I didn't get my points across very well.

1. If you will note I looked at the mobs that give Blaz frags and all the mobs that have a puny maturity is not listed that I can see, http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Material&id=1023 Exour is first in the list and it says young.

2. If you think tiering is something you would want to practice I would rather start off with something cheap to get skilled up. Angle cost to tier is 35 ped for tier one and 75 for tier 2. Body guard is 1.27 ped for tier one.

3. The frags could be a source of income new players as they are selling for around 10-11 ped per 1K according to AU estimates .

4. I did not mean to imply that there was a shortage of them just that new players could use them skill up or sell them but as it is they must do to larger mobs than puntys.

No, people should not randomly tier pointless stuff over and over to skill their tiering, that's absolutely not worth doing.

Any noob with TT stuff can kill Exarosaur young-old, they're a noob mob. (New players fit into this category)

Based on your other points, maybe you should have titled this thread "I want puny creatures to drop Blazar Fragments." or "I think it sucks that Puny Creatures do not drop Blazar Fragments." or "Please specifically make puny creatures drop Blazar Fragments, I do not want to hunt Exarosaur Young, I want to hunt Puny Creatures." or "Tiering up seems a little unfair to players who only want to hunt Puny creatures."

Last edited:
No, people should not randomly tier pointless stuff over and over to skill their tiering, that's absolutely not worth doing.

Any noob with TT stuff can kill Exarosaur young-old, they're a noob mob. (New players fit into this category)

Based on your other points, maybe you should have titlted this thread "I want puny creatures to drop Blazar Fragments." or "I think it sucks that Puny Creatures do not drop Blazar Fragments." or "Please specifically make puny creatures drop Blazar Fragments, I do not want to hunt Exarosaur Young, I want to hunt Puny Creatures." or "Tiering up seems a little unfair to players who only want to hunt Puny creatures."

Interesting, I guess the forum has changed. I was unaware that Mods now give opinions about the content

"No, people should not randomly tier pointless stuff over and over to skill their tiering, that's absolutely not worth doing and makes suggestions about what one should use as his/her title.

rather than infractions of the rules. I hope this does not mean that we must submit titles before we can make a post.

How things have changed. BTW is 711 still around ?

Cozmodan, you should not talk on behalf of new players, ever. You're not a new player (even if you act like one), you're just an old player that failed and from your posts and dilemmas it seems you fail as a new player as well.

New players (hunters) should not tier anything. Tiering is for mid-late game and it should be the last activity in the game to do just for the sake of the skill...

Trying to hide a frustration because of lack of MU on PUNY mobs, behind a so-called injustice towards the new players is so lame and very laughable that it could fool some 7 years old children, but not all of them, because an average IQ could see the BS behind this even at a young age.

Again, the new players should not remain at hunting puny mobs for more than a few days up to a week maybe, and it could be an activity for when soemone is very bored or teaches a disciple. Ofc you can do it for whatever period you want to, but it's stupid. All mentors should teach this to their disciples.

Good luck with your discipleship, cozmodan, and ffs find a mentor already... :beerchug:

Interesting, I guess the forum has changed. I was unaware that Mods now give opinions about the content

"No, people should not randomly tier pointless stuff over and over to skill their tiering, that's absolutely not worth doing and makes suggestions about what one should use as his/her title.

rather than infractions of the rules. I hope this does not mean that we must submit titles before we can make a post.

How things have changed. BTW is 711 still around ?

I'm not wearing a moderator hat in that post, I'm just posting as a regular player, no rules are being enforced, I'm just being critical because I disagree with what you're saying.

As far as I am aware, forum moderators have always been allowed to post as regular players/forum participants as well?

As far as I am aware, forum moderators have always been allowed to post as regular players/forum participants as well?

I think this is the only forum (that I was active in) where I've seen a moderator take a ban for speaking out "on a personal note" so yeah, there's precedent ;)

Also, there was a mass cry of "less fragments please" for years so, kudos MA.

Lol people are still asking them to remove stuff from loot.

I'm not wearing a moderator hat in that post, I'm just posting as a regular player, no rules are being enforced, I'm just being critical because I disagree with what you're saying.

My mistake NP post away :)

I have not done this before but I will just this one time. I like puntys to me its all fun. Here are my stats that I started as of my last depo on 6/22/17

Number of runs: 2132
total out 43,461.04 ped
total in 43,554.28 ped

Percentage 100.21%.
I only speak for myself every time. I never say what any player should or should not do. I have noticed that many do and I am not one of them.

I have not done this before but I will just this one time. I like puntys to me its all fun. Here are my stats that I started as of my last depo on 6/22/17

Number of runs: 2132
total out 43,461.04 ped
total in 43,554.28 ped

Percentage 100.21%.
I only speak for myself every time. I never say what any player should or should not do. I have noticed that many do and I am not one of them.
Congrats for your nice return.

An average hunter in this game is versatile enough to follow the resource they need or think it's profitable to hunt,
You relaxed your brain so much that you went on your puntys and you ask the developer to send the resources you need through your puntys.

10 years from now, you will discover what aurli mutated bones are and you will make a new thread asking why new players can't get those in their first days of game?

Do you find this normal?

The problem is that sometimes the developers listen and adapt to some of the stupid demands the players make out of greed/lazyness...
Another problem is that new players could search the forums for advice and find you with your 10 years experience and believe you and that's bad for the game as well.

Maybe you shouldn't go so defensive and throw numbers at us, when people suggest you should evolve, at least that's the game's purpose and mot ask the game to evolve around you while you stand still in time...

Said it once and will again, check out other mobs than puny... try the low hp (20 or less) mob mission chains. Working through them myself... https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-s-Endeavors&p=3641399&viewfull=1#post3641399

At least would give u some variety vs puny mobs at icarus

Since u like the turn in stuff missions like the caly bones, pleaks would probably be perfect mob for u

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&id=376

You can even auction pleak wing. Cannot do that with the puny bones.

Believe it or not fragments do still drop from 10 hp mobs, but perhaps u need to be on a non calypso planet to see it

Last edited:
Back