the tiers are the best idea MA had since years

Galadea

Alpha
Society
The 3-Toed Sloths
Galadea Gala Durutti
As the title said. Implementing the tier system was a very smart move from MA. Actually the best in the last four years.

Just a few positive points:
- It's motivating to unlock new tiers on your item
- It will improve the UL market
- Long time players will be rewarded
- Low/mid level player have chances to close the gap to the ubbers
- A new market is born
- A new profession is created
- More items with mark up drop
- Many unnecessary UL items got use again
- Individualizing items is a source of motivation
- Maybe UL items will become useable again for ppl without 10/10

There are much more positive points to add.

As the title said. Implementing the tier system was a very smart move from MA. Actually the best in the last four years.

- A new market is born

Do you even know what is requiered to unlock a tier on unlimited weapon ? :D

I think that no.. please go, read the forum again about tiers and come back to us ... ok ? :)

I think that no.. please go, read the forum again about tiers and come back to us ... ok ? :)

Yes, it is very smart to use up an item of the same type. The tier system may be not geared for mod faps, but the community always asked MA to do something for the avarage player ;)

I look forward to upgrade my FAP-5, myOF 105, my Bear Armor, ...

I think the tier is a really nice idea. Atleast there is less TT food in loot which is ofc good.
More customization, makes pvp very interesting and will certainly give those theory-crafters something to fiddle with.

The upgrade is req is abit dumb really, particularly the chance of success part and most importantly it needing another same weapon that u want to upgrade.
A small tweak to the requirements will make this system attractive. It will give ppl something to do, new goals of upgrading every piece of their gear etc.

Yes, it is very smart to use up an item of the same type. The tier system may be not geared for mod faps, but the community always asked MA to do something for the avarage player ;)

No.. you are lieing . even Bear is costy already to risk it.. Or not for you ??

Whats your average player ??? The one who is using opalo ???

I dunno like you but to risk for example EWE-41 is already too much.. And i really dont enjoy the game with opalo !!!!

No.. you are lieing . even Bear is costy already to risk it.. Or not for you ??

Whats your average player ??? The one who is using opalo ???

I dunno like you but to risk for example EWE-41 is already too much.. And i really dont enjoy the game with opalo !!!!

why EWE-41is already to much u have 95% to get it back

Believe it or not, most people i talked too so far are quite happy about the way it is implemented. Sure, was kinda an shock for everybody at first, but after some thinking...

Just because there is an uproar on EF doesn't mean that represents the average players opinion.

Gimme 60 shot/min on my opallo and I will say Tiers are good !

also shes happy about a new profession :confused:

hows about giving first the old once back :scratch2:

make up is working again ? Pilots can fly again ? and hows about my so damn much loved pets :scratch2:

and ya great new tier system , i need now lots items again and again and even have the chance of 5% to lose em :mad:

The tier system is great!

Remember, you don't have to upgrade your gear!

But, we'll all benefit from the markups generated by those who do.

If you don't like the tier system, easy solution, don't use it.

yeah im pretty excited about it. intend on working on tiering up my grem, vigi, justi, 2600, of105, determination, hmmm i think thats about all...well gonna have to do an opalo ofc :D

I think its too risky to use on rare or uber equipment (probably by design) but as Witte suggested, it may have been developed for crafted items.

As Cyberpunk and others have said, if it's left as it is and its too risky, best not to use it.

Good points in OP post. I think the tier system is new and smart way to give us - the players - even more thrill for the game. Custom and more powerful gear, more risk for the gamblers (they love it ;) ), more MU loot for the regular players, more possibilities... It's a nice thing all the way (when the bugs are polished).

Of course, there're always people who'll whine even before trying the new stuff... :silly2: Just look at all the drama around here - Marco should be jumping from joy right now :D

Even though I just played a few hours yesterday I'm on the same feeling as the thread starter. This is good, just what we need. More proffesions, new goals etc.

From what i have seen , only people w/o any gear are saying how its great to tune up their opalo.. Please think also about mid level player with mid level gear.. he is just doomed to use L or gamble :(

From what i have seen , only people w/o any gear are saying how its great to tune up their opalo.. Please think also about mid level player with mid level gear.. he is just doomed to use L or gamble :(

Well u are almost right, i am a mid-level player and use mainly L weapons. It would be unwise to use UL now but by the time i unlock commando or whatever, i would consider using some UL weapon but then again it would not be those uber weapons. It would be some low level gun like ep40/karma killer since those are as much as i am willing to risk. I would test out the enhancers on the low end items first and then do some theory crafts as to whether they would be efficient for future use etc.

But honestly speaking, uber gears dont really need tiers but... it does suck not having being able to upgrade them.

Its logical to use the same item for upgrade but it really needs to be tweaked for more ppl use.

I like the tier system. Its great for newer players, it gives them something else to do on there cheaper gear. Plus imagine how expensive a tier 10 modfap would be :eek:

thank you... this tier system hasnt made any of the mobs that i was presently hunting any harder to hunt... i see it as a way to increase value to items i already own.(if i want to). i can pimp out my sga opalo and sell it for more! or i can just collect the upgrade materials and sell large stacks on auction.. makes no differance to me..

one thing ma/fpc wanted was to make a larger gap between elite and the rest of us... whell the first person to burn up a mod fap to enhance their mod fap doubles its value i suppose since he's the kid on the block that everyone wants to be... simple

I think samething was said about (L) items and gears and the ones with SIB lol

The system need to be improved, look all items you cannot upgrade :

- every sga (they will not loot again probably ...)

- Special rewards (Emine...)

- uber stuff (you can upgrade, but it worth it ? (own a 2nd items and 5% to loose it))

so everyone will use opallo T10, jester D1 T10 ?

same for armor : how can i improve my UL Boar? jaguar ?
we are not talking about uber stuff ....

and

95% succes T1 = 0.95
T2 success cumul = 0.95²
T10 = 0.95^10 = 0.5987 = ~60%

40 % to loose items in the 10 upgrade

but maybe my math are bad :/

I want to tier up my SGA opalo, but I won't be able to afford it... :scratch2:

I would want to tier up a normal Opalo instead, but hey, seems I can not afford it :eek:

There are indeed so many positive points in your post. :)

Please come back in this thread in 4 weeks and comments each point. ;)

4 weeks are way too short to judge, I will gladly revive this thread in one year ( if Ma is still around). :)

If it wasn't for the chance that you may lose the 2nd item I think the system would be fine. For some weapons it is impossible/or near impossible to find another one of it, and if you you do the people that own it aren't going to let you risk losing it on them.

Have to admit though, I would probably think it was great as is too if i didn't have a lot of real life money (well to me anyway) invested in a weapon.

Not that I can't get by without tiering it up not really upset about that, but it is a whole other element of the game I would enjoy that I simply can't be part of because it will be impossible to upgrade my weapon. Today I got my gun to tier 1.0. It was fun, haveing a goal to aim for and seeing the messages pop up etc. But now I am there I can't go any further with it because I can't upgrade without a second gun.

If it wasn't for the risk of losing it I could track down a someone with another and set up a deal with them.

Maybe it could be set up so if it fails the tt of each is set to minimum or something rather than the chace of losing the second item.

It is not a fatal problem for the game imo, just a bit disapointing thats all and it feels like they are trying to discourage investment in the game.

If it wasn't for the chance that you may lose the 2nd item I think the system would be fine. For some weapons it is impossible/or near impossible to find another one of it, and if you you do the people that own it aren't going to let you risk losing it on them.

Have to admit though, I would probably think it was great as is too if i didn't have a lot of real life money (well to me anyway) invested in a weapon.

Not that I can't get by without tiering it up not really upset about that, but it is a whole other element of the game I would enjoy that I simply can't be part of because it will be impossible to upgrade my weapon. Today I got my gun to tier 1.0. It was fun, haveing a goal to aim for and seeing the messages pop up etc. But now I am there I can't go any further with it because I can't upgrade without a second gun.

If it wasn't for the risk of losing it I could track down a someone with another and set up a deal with them.

Maybe it could be set up so if it fails the tt of each is set to minimum or something rather than the chace of losing the second item.

It is not a fatal problem for the game imo, just a bit disapointing thats all and it feels like they are trying to discourage investment in the game.

Yup, then second BIGGEST problem is that Rate of leveling tier up was somehow randomly distributed.. So check your gun, so far i have found ML-35 which have almost 2x higher rate than mine !!!!!!!!

Im trying to find out how big are the differencies here in this thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/173928-tier-rate-ml-35-a.html

What is the effect of getting (for ex.) an opalo to tier 1 or tier 2 ?

If none can answer that, then why are some ppl upset, and why would you risk the money to upgrade, unless you know it's worth it .. sure i'm curious, so i'll end up trying something or i'll try to find out from ppl who couldn't wait ..

I've seen messages indicating ppl reached higher tiers, so any of those, what changed? What is the effect of getting (for ex.) an opalo to tier 1 or tier 2?

EDIT: I think i found the answer here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/items/172727-item-enhancers-q.html

Last edited:

- A new market is born

i think its a pretty stupid system since L items brought much more balance in game already because you can get much easier 10/10 stats on it than UL items.

also L armors and guns brought much more balance in pvp.

MU on some items were going down already since alot L came in game.

i would be more happy to see them spend there time on bring back taiming beacons misions and new stuff like beacon missions like a key that can be found with mining and give access to the thorifoid temple etc.
to bad temple is gone now also.

i think things like this would bring more content than wasting there time on a system thats only good to be used for low end cheap items or L stuff.

i also wonder how loot system works now,old times they told decay is for MA amo probes seismic bombs go back to loot pool never saw new statements about this but i think some must have changed since we have so many new decaying stuff.

Finally you got it.:D The tire system is for low-level players to “force” them to move to next level faster than before.

Only thing motivating in a RCE is loot. Any MMO related "assumptions" are irrelevant when it comes to people's money.
It won't improve it, but make it more foggy. Same item with higher tier rate willl have higher markup than the version with lower tier rate. How will the real value of an item with a certain tier rate be calculated be it either by a system or a potential buyer?
Howso? By forcing them to put even more time into this?
Skills are yet not tier(able). How will they close the gap in evader levels? Items are not everything.
- A new market is born
Thats is just a fact. Nothing good or bad about it.
So the early scammers "Give me your armor I will improve it." have been finally heard? Is that a good thing?
That is plain wrong. While the number of different items has changed, we can be totally sure that the average loot for us has been adjusted downwards. Loots are connected to markup. Anyone getting only 5 burgundy paint cans from an Atrox Alpha can make this connection.
Only until someone takes time and his money to prove that tiered up version are same useless or usefull. I highly doubt that a now totally useless UL weapon or armor will become better tiered up then the now considered usefull pendant. It might be usefull compaired to an untiered pendant, but that would be a proper comparison.
MMO approach towards a cash driven game. I don't think such things are 100% applicable.
Read above "Many unnecessary UL items got use again".

Only thing positive is we see some changes. Maybe we need just to wait couple of years.

My opinion in red :)

Back