United Buyers Exchange Resource (U.B.E.R.)

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
I created a new invite only Social Group called United Buyers Exchange Resource (U.B.E.R.). Yes, the name is a bit cheesy, but the idea is not.

The intention of this coop is mainly to connect buyers and sellers so that shops are always filled and people are always making sales with profit. Traders try to acquire as many things as we can at TT prices and trade to one another at tt prices to fill our various market niches and needs. This group is mainly intended for individuals who wish to deal (as a buyer or seller) in consignment type deals where TT prices are paid at time of delivery and more is paid after sales are done in either person to person trading or via a shop.

This is mainly a networking group for those wishing to profit via trading. Working together we can accomplish more!

This group is intended to be similar to the Entropia Investment Fund, but more of like a p2p type network of sellers and traders instead of a single corporation with one main guy holding the peds. That way all involved keep the TT values on their cards at where they started or above where they started. There is no real Fund involved, just a bunch of folks that buy and sell things to one another in hopes of making profits.

It's also envisioned as a cheap way for those that own shops or do a lot of person to person trading near the TPs to acquire new stuff easily without paying outrageous auction fees in markup. We work together to meet goals. I soon will be sending invites out to a number of individuals that I have personally worked with or that have some awesome trading ideas and systems to expand this group and get new people breathing new ideas in to the group. Together we can accomplish more!

PM mastermesh to get an invite and get involved.

*bump* this looks like a great idea.

Hmm, this sounds interesting and I am indeed interested. :)

Any prerequisites to become a member?

Nope.

No prereqs to join. I just made the group invite only since I suspect that those that do join in probably won't want to be making it completely global news about what items they have or are buying at tt prices.

Only real requirement is that you are not a scammer and are willing to offer something instead of only take... I sort of envision it kind of like an Entropia version of real world freecycle, except the stuff isn't really free since it has a tt value... and it's not like freecycle because it's about trading to make profit, not completely about giving away stuff, but if you have surplus of something and don't mind giving it away at tt prices or trading for something else at tt prices, that's always welcomed. It's sort of a way to expand what you can get or try new things to sell without having to pay tons of markup on auctions.

It's also a way for those that do trading that want to specialize in one area to get items related to that one area easily... for instance if there's someone in the group that only buys mining gear, others in the group that craft mining gear might be able to cut a deal, either one time deal or long term deal of some sort. It's mainly about networking, and growing your contacts to make trading a little easier... working together to accomplish more than we can on our own.

Last edited:
No prereqs to join. I just made the group invite only since I suspect that those that do join in probably won't want to be making it completely global news about what items they have or are buying at tt prices.

Only real requirement is that you are not a scammer and are willing to offer something instead of only take... I sort of envision it kind of like an Entropia version of real world freecycle, except the stuff isn't really free since it has a tt value... and it's not like freecycle because it's about trading to make profit, not completely about giving away stuff, but if you have surplus of something and don't mind giving it away at tt prices or trading for something else at tt prices, that's always welcomed. It's sort of a way to expand what you can get or try new things to sell without having to pay tons of markup on auctions.

It's also a way for those that do trading that want to specialize in one area to get items related to that one area easily... for instance if there's someone in the group that only buys mining gear, others in the group that craft mining gear might be able to cut a deal, either one time deal or long term deal of some sort. It's mainly about networking, and growing your contacts to make trading a little easier... working together to accomplish more than we can on our own.

Hehe, I see. :)

Say, as example. Today I got lucky and did a 60 PED crude oil global. (Hello? MA? Won't get mad if this actually happened today...) However, I can't be bothered to sell that stuff with a markup, so I'm offering to exchange that crude oil for its (TT) equivalent in Animal Muscle Oil, because I have already lots of crude oil and I need the muscle oil for crafting. Or, perhaps there's someone on the group who crafts Breers and Serum armor parts, and I hunt like mad, as they're (L), eventually I'll run out of Breers and Serum, so I could cut a deal with the crafter.

yep..

You got the right idea... it's a free form trading group where we trade to one another at tt values mainly... either to get something the other participants have that we need at tt value or to fill shops that do consignment deals. We work together to meet one another's needs.

I am a newbie right now so dont have anything to offer yet but keep me in mind please?

On Runescape months ago I did something similar and still do if I find an item worth trading in, for me it isn't about screwing everyone over to get rich...it is about the connections :)

I am only new right now but already noticed a couple of opportunities :p

These are my Runescape credentials if you wish to take a look:

Basically the story goes that a while ago trading in that game became somewhat "dead"...I wanted to help others see that there were still opportunities to be successful :)

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=193173&hl=

The above doesn't show the initial guide, but the one below does...albeit shortened :)

I look forward to your reply, be it acceptance in a few months or denial :p

http://forums.nationalguardofrunescape.com/index.php?showtopic=8680&hl=

invite sent.

Sparhawke, your invite has just been sent. Will be glad to have you join.

NeutrinoX, I'm glad to see that you got in too after I sent your invite. :)

Last edited:
bump.

Bumping it up a bit. Come on now, you know you want to be U.B.E.R! :)

still inviting folks.

This group is still open for invites if anyone is interested, pm me please, or reply to this thread. Thanks.

Hey, this sounds like it could be a very interesting idea. I have a lot of wool atm which I am loathe to throw in tt. I craft myself sometimes but cannot afford large amounts of materials (try buying 10 PED of frigulite in the auction at a decent price!). will you be putting up a website or sending a newsletter every day or how will it work?

Sending an invite.

davidgr1200, I'll send you an invite as soon as I post this. Right now, it's just a social group here on the forums, which is like a thread that only invited people can view. There we are discussing various ides on how to make the U.B.E.R. Group idea work better, strategies on what to do next, and a few are even offering their goods there in exchange for item trades with others at tt prices, etc. I don't have time to do a full fledged website at the moment due to too many real world time constraints and lack of real world resources, but there's talk of someone doing a free website or forum since the social group is kind of hard reading as it's all jumbled info all in one place, but at least for the moment, it's all in one place once you are in.

I am definitely interested in this. As a noob miner and crafter, I'm always out hunting for specific resources to craft specific items. When I mine for a specific resource, I end up with a lot of other resources that I don't particularly need. They end up sitting there for months while I wait for enough of the resource to build up to sell on auction.

What about items that are drastically different in markup values? Say, narc vs. Lyst?

L7Productions invite is on the way.

L7Productions, your invite is on the way after this posting is submitted. All trades are done based on the discretion of the avatars involved. If you have something with really high markup and don't want to TT it to someone else, don't. That's what the in game auctions and entropia forum selling forums are for. This is all about TTing stuff to others and getting stuff at tt from others. I see it as a sort of avenue to get rid of stuff or exchange stuff with others for what you have without having to resort to selling to a real Trade Terminal. MA wants us to cooperate with one another as a society. TT trading to one another is one of the best ways to get involved with your EU commuinty and start talking to others, associating with others, and expanding your network of friends.

L7Productions, your invite is on the way after this posting is submitted. All trades are done based on the discretion of the avatars involved. If you have something with really high markup and don't want to TT it to someone else, don't. That's what the in game auctions and entropia forum selling forums are for. This is all about TTing stuff to others and getting stuff at tt from others. I see it as a sort of avenue to get rid of stuff or exchange stuff with others for what you have without having to resort to selling to a real Trade Terminal. MA wants us to cooperate with one another as a society. TT trading to one another is one of the best ways to get involved with your EU commuinty and start talking to others, associating with others, and expanding your network of friends.

Gotcha. I need lots of wool. And I'm afraid all too often it goes the way of the tt.

b u mpity bump bump bump

bumpity bump bump over the hills and snow... bumpity bump bump Frosty the Snowman... was a very...

Last edited:
just to clarify...

Just to clarify something that was asked in a pm a little while ago, THIS IS NOT A SOCIETY in game... It is a forum Social Group. We can put one another on friends list in game and stuff like that, but this is not a society in and of itself. Actually, it works best if members are from a number of different societies since you can sort of become a spokesperson for you society or whatever - for instance, if your society mines a lot and your society has a surplus of ores you'd normally tt, this would be one way to get rid of that stuff in exchange for something else. If you society hunts and normally TTs animal parts or oils, you could gather up all that stuff and trade with it, etc.

Also, it's aimed at those wanting to get in to consignment deals more as buyers or sellers or both.

It's about uniting to achieve more than we can on our own, without paying a lot to auction fees or taxes.

Hello; this is a very interesting idea that I was wrestling with for a while myself. I am doing 95% hunting, 4% mining and 1% crafting; as you can see... no trading experience.
Due to time constraints, I can't afford to put stuff in auction and wait until it sells, unless of course the markup it's over 110%; a lot of resources have lower markup than this, that someone is willing to pay the 102-109%, and I feel bad of wasting this money.

For example: Animal Hide. It hovers around 102%, and there are a lot selling in the auction. I have NEVER put Animal Hide in the auction... it goes into the TT.

With enough "networking", this can be turned into a lucrative activity. Buy it from ppl like me for 101% for example, and the sell it to crafters for 102%.

The only problem is having enough people around, at the right time; I tried it once (as a seller) but had to wait for the person to show up. Basically... you need a "human TT machine" :).

Anyway... I have 1 question for you: U.B.E.R. is different that STTS?

I'll send an invite.

I'll send an invite to you for U.B.E.R.

Yes, I envision U.B.E.R. as different than STTS...

Basically, U.B.E.R. is about Trading TT value of what you have off in exchange for TT value of something someone else has that you might want... either to do so as a consignment option or more likely as something like a hunter trading wools/hides in or a miner trading in ores/enmatters in exchange for a crafter trading in something like a weapon for that hunter or a mining amp for that miner, etc. There are consignment shops in U.B,ER too, so UBER might have some contacts similar to STTS.

STTS is different than UBER and most consignment shops since the payback is more... I think currently Josh has STTS to pay back 70% of profits to those who TT him stuff. Currently, I think that's the highest payout you will find on consignment anywhere in game. STTS is still in the entry phases too... some of the other consignment shops in UBER, like Dead Man's Plunder, have been around a lot longer, so might have a better understanding of the economy.

Yes, STTS and UBER are very similar... but different in my opinion. UBER is mainly for TTing stuff in Exchange for other stuff. STTS is mostly for just re-selling your stuff above TT values and getting some profits back when you can't resell yourself due to lack of of real world selling time to stand around in PA or Twin or lack of a place to sell in game.

Hey, interesting idea, can you send invite?

very nice idee could i have an invite please?

invite is on the way.

invite is on the way.

invite is coming.

Invite is coming to you Light Bug.

new home...

The social group will stay open for now... but I've been asked to start a U.B.E.R. social network, so here goes...

http://eu-uber.ning.com/ is the new home of U.B.E.R. I guess... We'll see where this goes. I haven't customized it or anything yet, but now you have a bookmark and place to sign up and join I guess. Let me know if you have any questions... I'm sure there will be some cropping up...

Wow, that was quick, I have signed into the new thingy anyway so it should be a lot better for us as before we had loads of page and only a couple of us talking due to the difficulties of finding offers...:)

With this you can basically make loads of forum threads to advertise your wares and then delete them as you go, so that it does not get overflowing with dead threads :)

Last edited:
Ning is no longer the main thing...

Ning is no longer the main group to turn to for U.B.E.R.... I'm going back to mainly using the social group here on entropia forum. The new update to the forums makes the social group worth being the primary trade at tt prices.

I've changed the link in my sig. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

ALSO... IMPORTANTLY... I've edited the group to be public now... so you can join without having to PM me first! Have fun! :)

Let's try this again!

It's been a long while since I was actively using this group. I have been far too busy with my own shop the last several months to do much on this front... but now that things are starting to get settled in with that, maybe it's time to try this again.

I see that many in the social group have not been posting there much lately... I just changed the group so that it allows anyone to view now. Maybe since more folks are coming in to the game after reading about Buzz's little purchase we can get this idea rolling again.

The idea is to work together to get things sold. Nihilist still does consignment in his shop and with efd growth fund. I have started doing consignment on blueprints with my shop. Maybe we can get other consignment shops moving to that we can all profit and get more contacts, and work together to achieve more than we can as individuals. There's a lot of potential here. Lots of things get TTed daily. STTS is currently dead, so that leave a wide market open for things that it used to get profits off of.

Maybe some of you folks that own shops but they are not full of items yet can start doing consignment deals on various things... pick your niche and start moving foward. The key to running a good shop is to have a market niche. If we have a bunch of folks feeding a bunch of shops so that each shops gets specialized, and the shop owners are feeding the folks that are contributing items, there's a whole lot of potential there... especially since selling things via a shop can be a lot cheaper than selling it in an auction. When I do my own consignment deals, I charge the seller 20% less than the auctioneer would at the same level of markup. If I'm able to do this, surely some of you other folks out there can do likewise.

If there are too many limits on the social groups, I am more than willing to re-open the ning again. It never officially closed actually... just went dry of conversation since no one was visiting there and I didn't have enough time to draw more folks in.

bump

bump... figure that since I am now a booth owner again I can try to resurrect this idea, especially since most of what I sell in my booth is going to be tt+1 when markup is above that level

Back