Merry Mayhem Update

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Due to the Gold Card login issues affecting a large number of participants, the Merry Mayhem event has been extended by 7 days.

The new Merry Mayhem event dates are as follows:

• Dec 16, 14:00:00 UTC - The Santa's Little Helper NPCs in Nymphtown, Fort Zeus and Fort Ithaca become active and the event begins.
  • Jan 17, 14:00:00 UTC - Event ends.
  • Jan 24, 14:00:00 UTC - Cutoff for submission of FFA Mayhem Stars for the Free For All Mayhem category.
  • Feb 7 - Event results announced.

The Merry Mayhem event page has been updated with the adjusted dates.

Originally Posted Here

at the same time - can you replenish and/or rebalance the stars into solo 2 and 3 and remove all the amazing loots from solo 5 :) - I mean just once it would be good for the little people to loot a fap

jesus... thsi event already goes on like forever... cant it just stop?
and i dont know why people keep doing it when they allways say how crappy the loot is. of course event loot is shit. it allways is and allways will be. just do your normal stuff and keep earning peds instead...

I would do it if I didn't lose 20k ped in the last 2 weeks. Loot has been too bad for me to do anything.

jesus... thsi event already goes on like forever... cant it just stop?
and i dont know why people keep doing it when they allways say how crappy the loot is. of course event loot is shit. it allways is and allways will be. just do your normal stuff and keep earning peds instead...

Smart nd active ppl do earn in MM. Or they do pretty OK...
You seem to do amazing on RT, why does the MM bother you? 14 out of your 15 biggest hofs are in the past month (even less than a month) on those crabs, you should be happy there and let the rest enjoy whatever the frack they wanna kill. Stop being newbish already, your discipleship ended long time ago...

Ivan IV and his son discussing Merry Mayhem:

ivaniv.jpg

Dear MindArk,

[DELETED]

I just knew you would do this, I mentioned it in the other thread:

Though a compensation for all gold card users wouldn't be misplaced...
Keeping in mind that the gold card users are the bigger depositors, and actually the ones that make MindArk earn money... We are the ones keeping your game alive, yet we are now blocked out, and therefor miss on opportunities (Auction House opportunities, Oil Rig, Mayhem,.....).
I've got this feeling that all they'll do, is "make mayhem take longer", which is not at all a solution... Because that also counts for the people who didn't have this issue, which means they still have their day advantage. that "solution" would only be helping MindArk to make even more money than they should... No thanks, I'd rather even have a shorter Mayhem then...

But typically, they fuck up, and we will pay the price for it, not them, they'll add the extra week of mayhem and see it as a compensation... They get their extra money, we get nothing :)

So basically, what you just did is:

1. Lock me out of my account for a couple of days because of a mistake YOU made
==> I'm the one being fucked here, not MindArk
2. Extend Mayhem, therefor giving an unfair advantage to those who did NOT finish mayhem. I already finished it and now you fuck me over by giving others more days than they should have had. Thus, there will be more competition, meaning I have less chance.
==> Again, I'm the one being fucked, not MindArk, cause they only get more money this way.
3. You extend Mayhem until a date where I won't be here anymore, therefor make my chances absolutely 0 to have a chance on getting a prize on FFA.
==> Again, I'm the one being fucked.

So, where's the compensation? I really don't see this extension as a compensation, rather the opposite, well played MindArk, well played.

So basically:
- You fuck up the active players
- You then decide to compensate them, but have a compensation that only rewards the less active players (giving them more time to get the same hours as the active players)
- You actually compensate yourself, making the mayhem take longer so you can get more money out of it, even though you are the ones who fucked it up.

[DELETED]

To all the players who were gathering/selling FFA points for/to me:
I am not buying anymore FFA points, because I won't be able to be here at the last weeks of Mayhem, therefor the competitors have way more chances of winning, and I will be left with a few 100k points that end up outside of the top 15. no thanks.
Sorry to all those who were gathering points for me or were selling to me, but the blame is not on me, it's on MindArk, because they are incompetent people.

I own my own IT company, never have we made such a shitty decision that ruins it for our customers.
Next time, when you fck something up, at least have the guts to take the loss yourself, and not get it back from your customer.

I think you'll be getting a pretty nice withdrawal MindArk, well done. Hope you won't be missing around 100k dollar. Would be a shame...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would do it if I didn't lose 20k ped in the last 2 weeks. Loot has been too bad for me to do anything.

Yuppppp.. migration level loot.

@rampsy, this game doesn't revolve around you. Extending mayhem was the right thing to do given the situation and you know that. Calm your tits.

Well done MA.

The only issue that happened wth mayhem was that those locked out couldn´t do their full time.

By extending the time for mayhem these players can now complete their time.

Perfectly solution imho.

+ REP MA

Sidenote:

Any compensation would be bad as actually the inabillity to log in doesn´t cost players money, so why MA should give any compensation, except the additional time for the ongoing event ?

All you haters stfu

@Rampsy Sweet Cheesus calm down brother.

Well done MA.

The only issue that happened wth mayhem was that those locked out couldn´t do their full time.

By extending the time for mayhem these players can now complete their time.

Perfectly solution imho.

+ REP MA

Sidenote:

Any compensation would be bad as actually the inabillity to log in doesn´t cost players money, so why MA should give any compensation, except the additional time for the ongoing event ?

All you haters stfu

The thing is: I wouldn't have minded if they had done NOTHING.
But giving extra time is just the worst thing they could have done.

If they give extra time, it should only be to those with the black gold card

Now they give extra time to all players, meaning that those who were not affected, now get an unfair advantage over others.

Also, people plan things, they planned their stuff til the end of mayhem, now MindArk decides to break their own deadlines, and therefor fuck up people who had plans.

oh trust me, I'm very calm.
so will they when I'm withdrawing a million peds.

So does this mean you are selling the gear you are actively buying right now telling folks you are just going to do events or are you just flapping your lips right now pulling a supertaco?

Just wondering. I'm looking for some gear. :D

major asspain

What was appropriate compensation for you then? 1000 PED? 10000 PED? How would you normalise the compensation? Should it be cash? That cash would come from CLD payouts. How would you compensate the CLD owners?

How would you compensate the players who were going to do their 40 hours over 1st/2nd Jan? Those who worked over Xmas and their holiday was the week after?

How would you compensate the players who couldn't login but have no interest in MM?

MA did the only thing they could do (wrt. compensation). Sorry it affects you negatively but not extending MM could also affect others negatively.

Throw your toys out the pram if you want...

If they give extra time, it should only be to those with the black gold card

This is logical. Code an entirely new instance entrance which is specifically open for the exact time the black card was blocked. But you'd have to make sure that those who immediately cancelled their GC on Jan 1st didn't get that extra day...

While its fair to the affected players, i could see a response like Rampsey's coming a mile off (maybe a little more sweary that expected)
Compensation is an hard thing to get right and i'm glad i'm not the one doing it, even a small extension can screw over people, but doing nothing upsets greater.

In the end tho, i think it was fair to extend the MM, it doesn't affect the solo much, but it is little weird to extend the MM by a week tho when it was a 3 day lockout

What was appropriate compensation for you then?
Nothing.

I had been happy if they had just said "We're sorry" or if they had said "all users that were affected get an extra day". That's something I would have seen as a compensation. To make things fair for all...
Now they extend it for everyone, thus giving an unfair advantage to those who weren't affected...

So basically, those who were not fucked, get something extra right now... Doesn't look fair to me, does it look fair to you? They only compensate themselves.

And no, I would not have wanted peds.

Nothing.

I had been happy if they had just said "We're sorry" or if they had said "all users that were affected get an extra day". That's something I would have seen as a compensation. To make things fair for all...
Now they extend it for everyone, thus giving an unfair advantage to those who weren't affected...

So basically, those who were not fucked, get something extra right now... Doesn't look fair to me, does it look fair to you? They only compensate themselves.

And no, I would not have wanted peds.

Doesn't look fair to you, looks fair to the person who can't complete MM 40hrs w/out Jan 1 / 2.

Seems actually, the biggest issue is that you're worried you won't be able to buy & turn in FFA points right til the end. So it's a very specific issue for you and you alone (potentially a couple of others, not really about fairness for all).

Code an entirely new instance entrance which is specifically open for the exact time the black card was blocked.

not much of coding that has to happen.
Currently they have coded that the event NPC doesn't show the mayhem anymore after a certain date.

Can easily do instead of
If(date < [originalenddate])
<code here for npc mentioning instance>

they could make it as
switch (playeringoldcard(playerid))
{
case true: if(date < [extendeddate]):
case false: if(date < [originalenddate])
}

yeah, that's a lot of entire new code for an instance :)

Currently they have coded that the event NPC doesn't show the mayhem anymore after a certain date.

Can easily do instead of

they could make it as
{
}

Allowing for the in-game usage of a potentially non existing variable, which subsequently is very specific (just 1 type of gold card).

Can easily do instead of

they could make it as
{
}

do we even know if they have a list of Black GC users? might just say GC in their database re-guardless of which

Can easily do instead of

they could make it as
{
}

Well the prolonging didnt itself make the advantage BIGGER for the ones that was able to be online since the difference is still just a few Days and dont become more or less.

If you want we can talk about a solution for your Points in private, I feel for your situation and potentially I can help you recover your investment. PM me ingame and lets talk about it.

//Aurora Linzey Zamperath

do we even know if they have a list of Black GC users? might just say GC in their database re-guardless of which

Plus what about those who had 1/2 their FFA team disabled for 2 days...? Would they be allowed the extra time to hunt with their team?

I guess not.. so how would they be compensated?

[DELETED]

I haven't rage quit in years.

Now I just quietly quit.

You already said that at least 20 times.We are tired to hear it.
We start to think your words means nothing to the community.

Yeah well, I understand that they cannot fix things, that's a fact. There's always going to be people unhappy.

Just mentioning: all the people who were gathering points cause I promised them to buy them: I won't be able to buy them anymore, and I'm not the one to blame for it, but MindArk made it impossible for me to do so.

About not being able to win, I can live with that, I was planning on leaving anyway, and only still being here for different events, rest of the year I'd be offline anyway, will be too busy in real life. But I wanted to end with a blast, getting on that top list for my last real try I could do, to at least get my name out there ones. That won't happen now.

Do I care about the prize itself? Hell no, I could probably just buy the prize off of a winner cheaper than I could get it by participating. I just wanted my name on that list before I stopped playing.

So is the issue really big for me? Not so, except that I can't make it, it's more that MindArk makes me have to break my promise to my friends/other players that have actually spent cash on mayhem to gather points.
Who do you think they will blame? That's what bothers me, that I will get a bad name with my friends, cause I have to break my promise and they have to swallow their losses.

I think you are overreacting, you can keep buying points and you can still win for sure. I can't even start to comprehend how someone would blame you for anything if that's what you are worried about.

I know it's not fair from your side but 2 days is nothing, you have 2 more weeks to go.

You already said that at least 20 times.We are tired to hear it.
We start to think your words means nothing to the community.

The only reason I stay is to watch you get sooo mad :D :cussing::headbang:

Over the years I have seen nothing but problems with gold cards, this type of situation has occurred over and over.
I don't feel the benefits of having one out weighs these negatives.

It seems this was MA's best response to the situation.
GL MM

Reactions: San
I think you are overreacting, you can keep buying points and you can still win for sure. I can't even start to comprehend how someone would blame you for anything if that's what you are worried about.

I know it's not fair from your side but 2 days is nothing, you have 2 more weeks to go.

The thing is, I'm making a second company in about 1 week.
While running 2 companies, I won't have time to play EU anymore, so I won't be able to compete with the other contenders.
Now by extending it to 24th of january to buy points, that means I can in no way compete with those others, cause they have like 10 days more than I have, as I won't be online at all as soon as my company is started.

So for me it's not so much the 2 days extra hunting, it's the 7 days longer to hand in points that fucks me up.

Back