FYI: Secrets of Crafting

whiteknut

Elite
Society
Vikings of Calypso
Snablesnot Male Young
I have thought about making this thread for years but always found a reason or two why not to share it with public.
But now after being back ingame for few days i see it is only way i can continue doing what i love.

Limited blueprints are profit machines and clicking them can be one of the few guaranteed profit professions ingame.
How?

Noticed how whenever you craft something on condition and have minimum tt value of success click (thousands of successes and never success with value below it) and then boom you get only half tt of that success with some 1 click Limited blueprint. You might be thinking Rip-Off... But very often this 1pec blueprint can be your key to profit.

Limited blueprints can be divided into two groups: multiplier bps and regular blueprints.

Regular blueprints are just like UL blueprints where you put in some tt of materials and get slightly less tt minimum value success back. For example just like jester d-1 blueprint (UL) you put in 94pec tt materials in when you craft jester d-1 and get minimum success 80-90 pec loot. Most of L blueprints work like that.

Multiplier blueprints : these blueprints give you back much more than tt input. For example : Advanced animal Brush (L) blueprint (L) . TT input is only 15,18ped BUT minimum success is somewhere around 110ped. So with every success click you make 94,82 ped profit. Ofcourse you wont succeed every click, and return is usually around 90% of the minimum TT value of success (so in this case on average you get back 99ped per click (near successes are also very close to 110ped). This leads you to situation where there is left 99-16 (materials+markup) = 83 ped for each click of this blueprint. This 83 peds is the value of this blueprint click which will help you break-even in long term. 83ped = 830 000% price. If you can buy this blueprint below this price you are most likely profiting. (as success ratio can be very different i am talking in long term).

Why i am not doing it myself? I was and i would keep doing it BUT less and less limited blueprints are on the market with people crafting Explosive projectiles it is not worth to stick around and buy these blueprints (i used to buy approx 1k ped worth of bps every day, now i am happy if i get 50peds worth of bps).
But if you are crafter who crafts items, this can help you fund your next run.

I know many of crafters know this very well, but no-one tells it to the new crafters, so they quit crafting very fast (if they dont know what to do with those limited blueprints). Even right now there are few crafters who only craft limited blueprints with multipliers and paying auction markup and making profits.

To help you out i will copy some data from my excel file about multiplier Limited blueprints, first number is minimal tt of success(on quantity) and second is tt input:
Ur175 (L) 62 14,84
z15 (L) 44 8,14
Advanced animal Brush (L) 110 15,18
Re-204 (L) 110 21,66
z10 (L) 32 5,51
Animal Brush (L) 58 11,87
Re-201 (L) 62 7,69
LVL 3 LIGHT (L) 30 11,29
z20 (L) 73 12,85
Achilles L1 (L) 49 10,98
LVL 3 (L) 44,6 17,7
z5 (L) 19 2,98
LVL 2 (L) 52 12,27
Achilles L3 (L) 44 20,34
Adapted Vivo T10 (L) 17,41 4,36

THere are lots of blueprints like this. Crafting can be profitable, if you can stick with only crafting multipler blueprints.

I hope my thread helps atleast someone who has wondered why some L blueprints have 400 000% markup while same blueprint UL version is tt+2 markup and same materials input.

I hope this will bring some more crafters back to crafting and i will see more and more rare Limited blueprints on auctions (even if bit overpriced)

I'm not that into crafting but still have some questions
a) How do I know minimum TT value of crafted item for any given blueprint ...
b) How do I know average near success TT return for any given blueprint...
before clicking that blueprint?
Also does these values have some easy to understand math behind or everything should be tested individually per each blueprint?

I'm not that into crafting but still have some questions
a) How do I know minimum TT value of crafted item for any given blueprint ...
b) How do I know average near success TT return for any given blueprint...
before clicking that blueprint?
Also does these values have some easy to understand math behind or everything should be tested individually per each blueprint?

A you dont. So you have to test (as noone shares their results)
B you dont. So you have to test (i have done the test with achilles bps (all three) and many other bps). But it is actually the same as the average 90% return on every profession (or 95% as some claim). But with those bps i can guarantee you will tt profit

Each individually (thats why i keep it all in excel) so i can change material markups etc

and most importantly: when tt in is 8 peds and tt out on success is 30 peds. are the near success up to 30 peds too or just up to 8 peds?

most are 28-29 ped. (if minimum success is 30ped, then many successes are more also)
Average tt return is 90% so sometimes i dont get any successes but still profit .

I think you can find proof of this from forum also, plenty of near successes with tt over 1k peds also available (where materials were just few peds). Rutic or Kesmek bps.

These "bonus bps" aren't new. My wife Winterhart was lucky enough to get a few drops during her weapons crafting. (pics/stories here and here)

Note those were way back in 2010. And I know those "hot" BP(L)s were around before that.

However, I will say you are the first to publicly try to quantify the returns per success.

These "bonus bps" aren't new. My wife Winterhart was lucky enough to get a few drops during her weapons crafting. (pics/stories here and here)

Note those were way back in 2010. And I know those "hot" BP(L)s were around before that.

However, I will say you are the first to publicly try to quantify the returns per success.

I know these are old, but most players dont know about them and either tt them or sell em for too cheap and lose peds thanks to it.

I know these are old, but most players dont know about them and either tt them or sell em for too cheap and lose peds thanks to it.

Wow, so any way to tell which BP are like this at a glance? Or a way to kinda tell? Or just need trial and error? They always just have 1 tick?

at first i was probably as shocked as the rest of the PCF audience... :eyecrazy::scratch2:

but now i'm eager to check my shitload of resettlement and storage containers filled with blueprints :laugh:

Reallllllly.....

I have a storage and several bp books full of limited bps. Might have to try this thanks

i guess those will be mostly the bps that have like 200k% MU (so 20 ped per click per MU alone)...
someone once told me as i asked why they have so much MU that they are allways maxed so people dont need to waste money on maxing bps first ... they fooled me! although 1k ped for a bp is quite nice sometimes when i sold the rarer ones from lvl 2 amp light crafting.
now maybe the ep4 gambler switch to normal bps again :D

Maybe its good for more people to know that SOME of the (L) BPs that drop have a value because of this, hence maybe they can see mroe value in real crafting and not only the explosive mindlessness :)

Allot of greendot lives and loot could have been saved if Daisy had known how to craft :rolleyes: Tnx for the post....

The concept of "boosted" bps is such a central one in (non EP) crafting, but is discussed in the forum extremely rarely, and I've never seen it mentioned in one of the game guides. I've looked for a list somewhere of boosted bps, with no luck. But the responses you've gotten still surprise me...it seems that a lot of people have never even heard of it. Plus rep.

I've seen so many L BPs on auction for insane prices. I looked at the markup of the item and thought "There's no way to profit on this BP if you buy at this markup".

So, this makes perfect sense!

well I found a z5 (L) bp at a huge markup. One click, near success and less than 3 TT back . I don't know what I did wrong :banghead:

well I found a z5 (L) bp at a huge markup. One click, near success and less than 3 TT back . I don't know what I did wrong :banghead:

No issue.

For that BP, a successful tick will give 19 ped, it costs 2.98 to tick, you got a near success and got your cost to tick it back. If you near success you get 90% back, if you get success you get profit.

No issue.

For that BP, a successful tick will give 19 ped, it costs 2.98 to tick, you got a near success and got your cost to tick it back. If you near success you get 90% back, if you get success you get profit.

Yes I missunderstood. I also expected the near successes to be around the TT of a success. Not a very realistic thought :laugh:

BTW there is a vivo UR175 (L) BP (L) with one click left at Twin peaks mall floor 1 #1 L. If anyone else wants to try their luck

Last edited:
I know I have a ton of (L) clothing blueprints from my reilly boots clicks... I wonder if any of mine are boosted. I guess I'll have to try and see...

Thing is though instead of paying crazy mark up for a blueprint that creates something with no/little mark up that may or may not hof isn't as easy as nanocubes from the tt and off you go ad infinitum (or until ped runs out). Sad but thats how it is at the moment, and i don't really craft explosives but see why people do it.

Now in the old days people crafted amps, jesters or whatever consuming resources to create a hof table that was diverse and encouraging. These days i look, see 95/100 are explosive hofs and think maybe i should do the same but to me it seems asinine and so tend not to craft much at all and when i do something i can sell or use..... I know pure madness!

Asinine : : stupid, foolish, pointless, brainless, mindless, senseless, doltish, idiotic, imbecilic, imbecile, insane, lunatic, ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd, preposterous, nonsensical

Last edited:
Yes I missunderstood. I also expected the near successes to be around the TT of a success. Not a very realistic thought :laugh:

BTW there is a vivo UR175 (L) BP (L) with one click left at Twin peaks mall floor 1 #1 L. If anyone else wants to try their luck

It is realistic, do 100 clicks of some bp :) you will see most of near successes are near the value of minimum success (only few ones are low tt ones)

Yes sometimes the near success can be low 4 or 5 peds, but most of the near successes are still very close to minimum success value.

As far as i know, none of the mod bps have this multiplier. (they give back less tt than you put in)

hah you saved me to click some lvl 2 mod bp .... was @ 250 ped per click if im not wrong

It will be very interesting to check the crafting HOF board the next week :)

Now everyone is hunting for these damn (L) BPs.
Shame texture BPs are no good, I have hundreds

Hm with lvl 6 amp bp L I've got near success at 320 ped @ materials back , depends on bps , you can win runs without hitting a successful click only near success.

Hm with lvl 6 amp bp L I've got near success at 320 ped @ materials back , depends on bps , you can win runs without hitting a successful click only near success.

On condition i bet :) I am talking about quantity clicking.

Level 6 is not multiplier blueprint (minimum success on quantity is lower than tt input or about the same).

Back