Basic Fruit, Stone, Dung Walking Guide

Status

kosmos

Marauder
Society
Omnia
KosmosZ Zeas Aer
I see many people ask how they can make money in this game, or they say they never found fruit, stone, dung on the ground. I am making this thread to provide some basic helpful hints to help you if you fall into either category mentioned above.

In order to see fruit,stone,dung you have to walk. This is achieved by holding W on the keyboard. This can be cumbersome. There is a technique to make walking painless.

Your going to want "navigate with left mouse button" enabled if you don't have it that way already. To enable it Press O. You will see a menu that looks like this.

Enable it and then press O to exit the menu.

Find a spot that you want to start walking in and left click the ground. You will see a bouncing green arrow indicating where you will go to.

I like to right click and hold down the mouse button and move myself slightly in a direction. This keeps me in a auto walk mode. I am currently unaware of another way to enable auto walk ,but this works best for myself. This will prevent repetitive clicking to walk.

I suggest being in 3rd person mode to get a wider view of of the ground. To toggle between 1st and 3rd person you can use your mouse wheel or press 5 on the number pad on the far right of the key board.

Everyone's question is usually, how do I know what I am looking for? Look for flies (they make a buzzing sound) or butterflies, both are indicators of dung and fruit respectfully. Stones on the ground won't give any hints that their around. You have to have quick eyes and pay attention. Its worth it. These days a stone like rutol go for 1.2 PED each :eek:... yes not pec but PED :D

Here are some screen shots of a few fruit dung and stones I have found.

Kaldon

Nissit

Dung

Fruits

Water Spawns

Things do spawn in water. It is easy to notice fruit. Stones have been found in water too. Just have to have fast eyes.

Lastly I wanted to mention that when you find something on the ground it is a good indicator there is more to be found. Some spots seem to be better than others. Some well known places to walk are treasure island, nuss lull, and port atlantis area. I am not providing specific directions to walk I will leave that up to you to find out. Also if you walk and see something then it disappears, guess what? You can walk back and it will be there.

Best advice I can give is walk and have fun exploring. :D

Edit....

Thank you alice for the pics of the missing stones I needed. The post can only have 12 images displayed so I am providing links only, or you can scroll down to see thumbnails in alice's post below.

Missing Stones

Brukite

Rutol

Sopur

Missing Fruit

Halmoros

Also easier auto walking can be achieved by doing the following.

You can press and hold W, press 'Enter', release W, and then press 'Enter' again.

Thank you for the contribution to help improve the guide Daina and Nobatbbi

Another edit as of Nov 15 2008

Added a bit of detail about distance of stone, dung, and fruit spawns.

Click here

Video of how to basically walk added Nov 22. Thanks Fishface for the video.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKhF2IbU5pc[/YOUTUBE]
Project to Reveal Spawn Locations
Understanding Market Value of fruits/stone

Last edited:
awesome!!

this should be a sticky!!!

jewels

;>

nice guide, +rep :)

You can just click above the horizon and you will walk in that same direction forever.

Omg rep!

Nice Guide! For that you get Rep!!:)

This keeps me in a auto walk mode. I am currently unaware of another way to enable auto walk ,but this works best for myself. This will prevent repetitive clicking to walk.

Save up enough dung so that when you place it in your inventory it turns your weight count red and you cannot run.

You can then use auto run and navigate as normal, but your weight means you will walk.

Of course you don't need to use dung, and something like Lyst stones are equally good. Dung is simply the cheapest item and least useful for anything else.

:)

Autowalk is achieved by holding w, press enter, let go of w press enter to get out of chat box. Voila`, you are autowalking.

I was shown a quicker method of foraging. The trick has something to do with fruit/stones showing themselves to you when you are within 10 meters (or feet, can't remember) of them. Thus, you only need to be walking within a 10 meter area for a period to see the object, then you can run to the "next" 10 feet and so on, sort of like how you cover an area mining. To do this put yourself on autowalk as above with the w/enter/enter, then while autowalking you can press q (or your self assigned run key) for a short moment to run to the next 10 meter area, walk a little, run again, etc. I've found that it turns out to be about 4.5 steps walking, then 2 running. so you do have to be pressing the run key on and off continuously. Now, some have done this with a keyboard macro but of course we all know that to be against the rules.....

Great guide :yay: thank you for all Entropia. + Rep

Great guide, but walking is not necessary, but it certainly may produce better results than the 'run and stop' .
I never walk. My W key is bound to a fap. I still find these things.
I am a miner-hunter, and they always pop up right after I come to a halt to shoot or go back to a claim, or when I get to the claim.
I admit that this may not be the best method, but it does happen.

I subscribe to the theory of "MA avatar predetermination", which holds that if MA's server decides you should get something , you get it. This is one of the things that seem to support it. It also supports some other theories ( depo'ing blesses, skill gain theory, chosen ones), though, so who really knows?

Great guide, but walking is not necessary, but it certainly may produce better results than the 'run and stop' .
I never walk. My W key is bound to a fap. I still find these things.
I am a miner-hunter, and they always pop up right after I come to a halt to shoot or go back to a claim, or when I get to the claim.
I admit that this may not be the best method, but it does happen.

I subscribe to the theory of "MA avatar predetermination", which holds that if MA's server decides you should get something , you get it. This is one of the things that seem to support it. It also supports some other theories ( depo'ing blesses, skill gain theory, chosen ones), though, so who really knows?

actually if i see something on the ground you see it too. it isn't avatar based at all... i still prefer to walk it cause things can be missed in that fraction of the second your running.. just my opinion.

Hi KosmosZ my mentor :yay: , yeah this was a really nice guide that I'm gonna try out from time to time. Cya ingame :D

Great guide there Kosmos, definitely deserves a sticky for Entropia's newer players!

:thumbup:

Don't forget to keep your eyes open when sweating & hunting as well. They can pop up at any time. If you see one but are not able to pick it up in time just wait a minute or so and it will "usually" pop up again.

I agree with the previous folks, make this a sticky! Great guide!

Autowalk is achieved by holding w, press enter, let go of w press enter to get out of chat box. Voila`, you are autowalking.

I was shown a quicker method of foraging. The trick has something to do with fruit/stones showing themselves to you when you are within 10 meters (or feet, can't remember) of them. Thus, you only need to be walking within a 10 meter area for a period to see the object, then you can run to the "next" 10 feet and so on, sort of like how you cover an area mining. To do this put yourself on autowalk as above with the w/enter/enter, then while autowalking you can press q (or your self assigned run key) for a short moment to run to the next 10 meter area, walk a little, run again, etc. I've found that it turns out to be about 4.5 steps walking, then 2 running. so you do have to be pressing the run key on and off continuously. Now, some have done this with a keyboard macro but of course we all know that to be against the rules.....

Nothing against the opening post but I learned some things with this quote.

Great guide there Kosmos, definitely deserves a sticky for Entropia's newer players!

:thumbup:

lol Kos may be new, but skills raising FAST! :D

what if you walk by without paying attention and a fruit shows up, can you run back to it and have it still be there?

the missing pics ;)

brukite
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

should be rutol, didnt select it for the name tho :(

supor

what if you walk by without paying attention and a fruit shows up, can you run back to it and have it still be there?

Yes, unless someone else got it.

I have had situations where i died on top of some fruit. Noted down my position and found it back. Fruit(rocks/dung) spawns and only disappears when someone takes it.

the missing pics ;)

brukite

should be rutol, didnt select it for the name tho :(

supor

Thank you for the pics I am going to use them in my guide if you don't mind :D

Save up enough dung so that when you place it in your inventory it turns your weight count red and you cannot run.

You can then use auto run and navigate as normal, but your weight means you will walk.

Of course you don't need to use dung, and something like Lyst stones are equally good. Dung is simply the cheapest item and least useful for anything else.

:)

That would also mean you can't start running when you feel you're done or where you want to, say, outrun danger.

The best way is the one described in the OP post. Just click the ground and move your mouse a bit while in aim-mode - which will break the focus of going to a fixed point, allowing you to move around freely as you would in your example (only you can start running too :).)

The fruit being there has nothing to do with you walking past, and will only disappear if picked up (or I guess if the server reboots.) :)

Thank you for the pics I am going to use them in my guide if you don't mind :D

hadn't posted them else ;)

i had taken them to update my pdf guide with the pics of those, i had quite some missing ones

forgot tho, you reminded me :D

gotta do it soon ^^

btw...are there somewhere good stones spots? because fruits are very easy to find on TI (and CND as well ;)

Yes, unless someone else got it.

I have had situations where i died on top of some fruit. Noted down my position and found it back. Fruit(rocks/dung) spawns and only disappears when someone takes it.

I've also seen fruit spawn right by a revive under a building where I couldn't get it... so the butterflies mocked me over and over again as I returned :eek:

GREAT post Kos! Good to see the tips you gave as my mentor being shared with others! I still think you're the best :) And a + rep when the system lets me!

Nice post, but still can't find fruit, stones, etc? Perhaps you could provide some kind of time frame for how much you find. How often you find? :)

I have run back to fruit/dung/stones and they were still there. I'm not sure how much time you have though.

What's dung used for? :scratch2:

Land owners use it. The most I've sold it for is 10 per pec, anyone know if it's worth more than this?

Status
Back