Suggestion: MAGA: Make the Auction Great Again

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
1. Most importantly: please give us free input on the price, or at least add two decimal points to the spinners so that we can sell any quantity at market rate. This seems so bloody obvious it just makes me irrationally angry. I'm so tired of having to keep fidgeting with my stack size until I can get the right stack amount to sell at a reasonable rate. Also sick of having to TT non-stackable loot because the one click up on the spinner makes it 160% and the market rate is 110%. Give us back some of the MU you keep taking from us.

2. Why is there no text search on Orders -> Available? You already have the code for it since you use it on the other screens, yet you removed it from this one place so we have to flip through hundreds of pages to find the thing we are looking for.

3. Wishful thinking, but it would be nice to see the auction fee gone or reduced. Or at least make it a commission. You get your cut when the item sells, so that we don't lose peds on unsold items.

Feel free to add to the list.

1. Most importantly: please give us free input on the price, or at least add two decimal points to the spinners so that we can sell any quantity at market rate. This seems so bloody obvious it just makes me irrationally angry. I'm so tired of having to keep fidgeting with my stack size until I can get the right stack amount to sell at a reasonable rate. Also sick of having to TT non-stackable loot because the one click up on the spinner makes it 160% and the market rate is 110%. Give us back some of the MU you keep taking from us.

If my memory serves me right, the auction fee used to be a fixed 1 ped.
Nice for selling big items, but not suitable for minimal cheap stuff.

Personally I dont think the auction should be changed to serve those tiny stacks.
Tiny stacks belong on the street.
Street buyers buy tiny stacks for tiny MU, and sell them in big stacks for a little more than a tiny MU.
That creates jobs.
Your MAGA would make those jobs obsolete and that would not please the MAGA inventor.

Also it would give the auction 3000 pages to browse though all those tiny stacks.
Rather not.

3. Wishful thinking, but it would be nice to see the auction fee gone or reduced. Or at least make it a commission. You get your cut when the item sells, so that we don't lose peds on unsold items.

Feel free to add to the list.

Losing ped on unsold items, sure, that sucks, happens to me all the time, but it's a sign that either your timing is wrong, or you just ask ridiculous prices, or a combination of both.

Removing that " penalty" would simply make people careless and just dump things on auction for ridiculous prices.
It would become a big mess.
This "penalty" makes people think twice before listing stuff.

Not sure if removing auction fee is a smart move. People would be flooding market with crap which would slow down servers and in the end it might become a TT food because of like 100.1% MU

Allowing unrestricted decimals in intermediate bids isn't feasible unless you want to see headlines like Gamer Dies Of Exhaustion During A Bidding War. Allowing decimals in SB and/or intermediate bids but keeping 1 PED minimum step will make it messy and confusing as people will raise by e.g. 1.03.

Allowing decimals only in BO could work - so that the possible bids go e.g. 18.00, 19.00, 19.45 (BO).

I'm not entirely neutral on this issue however, as my OpenOffice spreadsheet never gets tired and that gives me some edge.

//Haruto.99%

Personally I dont think the auction should be changed to serve those tiny stacks.
Tiny stacks belong on the street.

It's not just about small stacks, it's also about non-stackables. And street selling is fine for people with nothing to do but stay logged in all day, but if you have limited time or play outside of peak hours you're screwed.

Losing ped on unsold items, sure, that sucks, happens to me all the time, but it's a sign that either your timing is wrong, or you just ask ridiculous prices, or a combination of both.

Removing that " penalty" would simply make people careless and just dump things on auction for ridiculous prices.
It would become a big mess.
This "penalty" makes people think twice before listing stuff.

People already dump things in the auction for ridiculous prices, I fail to see how this would make that great of a difference. I often have things go unsold for under MU, just because there's not enough demand that week. The economy is very slow right now. This would help ease the pain a bit.

It's not just about small stacks, it's also about non-stackables. And street selling is fine for people with nothing to do but stay logged in all day, but if you have limited time or play outside of peak hours you're screwed.

no, you're not.
Street selling usually takes a few minutes.
Street buying takes all day. Since the buyers are on standby to buy at any time.
At least that's how it was, but I have to be honest, I haven't visited twin peaks for a while now

Also, if you dont have the time, either stack up bigger or sell to tt and miss a few %.
Time is money. That's how the game roles.

People already dump things in the auction for ridiculous prices, I fail to see how this would make that great of a difference.....

Yes, that happens. And I dont care, since they paid 50 ped for each ridiculous offer they made.
Do you care about that?
Let them fill MA's pockets so we dont have to ;)

Allowing unrestricted decimals in intermediate bids isn't feasible unless you want to see headlines like Gamer Dies Of Exhaustion During A Bidding War. Allowing decimals in SB and/or intermediate bids but keeping 1 PED minimum step will make it messy and confusing as people will raise by e.g. 1.03.

Allowing decimals only in BO could work - so that the possible bids go e.g. 18.00, 19.00, 19.45 (BO).

Presumably there would be a minimal bid amount, like most auctions. AFAIK you can't raise a bid on Ebay by 1 cent either. I was thinking along the lines of your BO idea.

Auction needs a decent amount of work IMO:

1. Auction fee to list should be removed. There should only be a fee if something actually sells.

2. Stackables should be handled in an exchange fashion where you add your quantity in and set a price. Then people buying can set how much they want to buy and their max price and it will buy that amount from the pool paying the lowest price up to your maximum if available. That way there is no more of this undercutting crap, or price fixing on small stacks or people overbuying more than they need.

3. Auctions should end at the time they are set to end and not extend with each bid. Instead there should be an autobid up to function like ebay. Where you set your max price and it will autobid in 10 pec increments for you up to that price. Solves the "let's spend the next 6 hours adding 1 ped to the price when there is less than a minute left" BS. Where one person is just hoping the other has to leave or drops connection so they can win.

4. You should be able to have an unlimited number of listings. If we go with the exchange format for stackables there won't be a risk of people having 1000's of pages for oil residue and such for sale.

5. There should be a search function for available orders. (not just order listings)

6. You should be able to grab item links from the available orders page.

7. We should have portable auction house tools just like the portable TT and repair. ZERO reason not to. In fact if MA is so concerned about performance having this tool would prevent dozens of avatars crowding around the same space lagging the system down to do trading all the time.

8. The 90% difference in markup warning needs to be fixed and should include the statement "you are about to sell 100 ___ for a total price of 100 ped (1 ped each)" with a 5 second cool down timer before a person can accept the listing. Right now it pops up when it shouldn't and is completely pointless as it's not preventing people from listing 1000 AUD's for 70 ped total.

9. You should be able to recall / search your history of auction purchases and sales beyond just the notifications that once you close are gone forever. I'd love to be able to review my history for various reasons.

10. There should be an option for external email notification. When you are outbid or win an auction it would be nice to get an email outside of entropia to let you know. This would be brilliant for MA because it's also great way to get people to log in more often. They get the email and they log into to adjust their bid and while they are in there why not do a quick hunt?

11. Search should auto parse out item links so you can just copy item links, paste it in and search to find copies of a item (broken L gun perhaps). Instead of having to remove the [ and ] first.

... Just a few ideas anyways.

MAGA: Make the Auction Great Again

No offense bud but can we please please stop using this phrase for anything meant to be taken serious?

This slogan is forever tainted with this Mango Mussolini connotation.

If u remove auction fee add new uses for estates...

or just totally remove the auction and make malls actually of any use.

That would be amazing! Then whenever we need anything, to hell with simply hitting up the terminal and finding it... you gotta walk around for hours from store to store and mall to mall to try and find it (on top of juking your mouse around to try and see the disappearing items and falling through the floors). Great idea, champ!

That would be amazing! Then whenever we need anything, to hell with simply hitting up the terminal and finding it... you gotta walk around for hours from store to store and mall to mall to try and find it (on top of juking your mouse around to try and see the disappearing items and falling through the floors). Great idea, champ!

mah investment tho

Base fee of 50 pec to enlist should remain to prevent very small stack spam...
However, if MA insists on additional fees, then the rest of the fee should be paid once the item has sold...

Sucks to pay 20-50 PED enlisting fee just to end up with "expired"...

Fully agree with the first Wizz comment. Offers topikstarter are childishly naive. (But this does not exclude the possibility of making the auction a little better.)

What I would like to see is a "Sell to Order" button, that makes it possible to just sell to an existing order, at the markup offered by the order.

I would also like to remove the autobid function for orders, but therefor introduce the option that, if any auction runs out without a startbid, where startbid would be good for the order, this outrun auction is sold to order.

Don´t touch the auction fee, it is good how it is.

No thanks, I waste enough time doing the groceries in real life. The auction house cannot be removed.

Enable shop items to become listed on auction for a fee.

No thanks, I waste enough time doing the groceries in real life. The auction house cannot be removed.

Enable shop items to become listed on auction for a fee.

Yeah, why walk around if you can just stand still and click?
Then step into a herd of mobs and stand still some more and autoclick.
Why make the game realistic?

Sure, I do fully understand your points. People are just lazy fucks and we're all so busy. That's why we all waste our lives here in Entropia autocklicking and grinding, right?

But, I have faith in the entrepreneurs in entropia.
Without auction there will be bustling malls.
People will actually fill shops. We'll get department stores were you can buy the exact same stuff as on auction.
Shop owners will advertise so you will know EXACTLY were you have to be to buy your wares.
Shop owners will employ purchase managers to buy stuff from the players.

This will create jobs, many jobs!
All auction fees could then be spend on player jobs.
We dont need MA. We could do it ourselves!

But hey, guess I'm just crazy trying to mobilize this lazy fuck playerbase with a grand vision.

But, dont worry, it will never happen, since the auction is a huge cash cow for MA.
So, you will all have plenty of time to waste on useless grinding and autoclicking.

If you would all value your time so much, you wouldnt waste it here autoclicking.

Here, this is what you all are:

Ohhh so busy. No time to shop! Must grind....

Sure, I do fully understand your points. People are just lazy fucks and we're all so busy. That's why we all waste our lives here in Entropia autocklicking and grinding, right?

You are going full hyperbole just to prove your point. There's no need for that.

My opinion is that removing the auction house is a terrible idea that would hinder an already slow market. You think removing the AH would be great? fine, suit yourself.

Btw, it's not so much that I'm lazy (which I am) but mostly that I have very limited time to actually play and I don't want to waste it browsing shops (which are still buggy as hell).

You are going full hyperbole just to prove your point. There's no need for that.

My opinion is that removing the auction house is a terrible idea that would hinder an already slow market. You think removing the AH would be great? fine, suit yourself.

Btw, it's not so much that I'm lazy (which I am) but mostly that I have very limited time to actually play and I don't want to waste it browsing shops (which are still buggy as hell, btw).

I have no point to prove.
I just wanted to share a vision.

Yes, I know, there are many many obstacles to overcome to ever achieve that vision.
And as i said, it will never happen anyways.

So, peace.

I have no point to prove.
I just wanted to share a vision.

Yes, I know, there are many many obstacles to overcome to ever achieve that vision.
And as i said, it will never happen anyways.

So, peace.

Share your vision, I don't care. But there's no need to call everyone a lazy fuck grinder clicker just because some of us don't agree with it.

Again, full hyperbole. The refuge of someone with flimsy arguments and too much temper.

Peace to you too.

Share your vision, I don't care. But there's no need to call everyone a lazy fuck grinder clicker just because some of us don't agree with it.

Again, full hyperbole. The refuge of someone with flimsy arguments and too much temper.

Peace to you too.

Well, sorry for you all being lazy fucks!

And sorry for my temper :tongue2:

Yeah, why walk around if you can just stand still and click?
Then step into a herd of mobs and stand still some more and autoclick.
Why make the game realistic?

(... more gibberish...)

Bro, wtf? Are you for real?

I dunno if you are just bitter about your returns lately or you need to go outside or what, but this isn't your normal self. Take a breather, mate!

The auction house is underdeveloped indeed. It should be overhauled and some good suggestions were made already on previous posts. :wise:

Shops and Malls don't work because they dont have the convinience of the Auction House, and they will never work because of that. Our time is too precious to waste it running around dozens of shops looking for stuff.

I hope MA looks at this thread.

Bro, wtf? Are you for real?

I dunno if you are just bitter about your returns lately or you need to go outside or what, but this isn't your normal self. Take a breather, mate!

No, my problem is people saying they dont have time.
I then just wonder, what are you doing here if you dont have the time.

I was not addressing anybody in person, but just generalizing it.

Sure, I've added some extra pepper to it for some extra strong flavour.

Now, dont all get you knickers in a twist and dont worry about what I say.
Not my intention to insult people in person.
So if you feel insulted by me, sorry again.
But maybe you just identified yourself a bit with the people in the picture. :tongue2:

Btw,, tell me, what's wrong with the idea of creating jobs?
Whats wrong with the idea to make the malls bustling?

Well, the only reason I hear about what's wrong with the idea is that people dont want to take to much effort.
It has to be easy.
Sure, if that's what you want, you have it.

Personally I like it differently, so everything I wrote was spoken from on my behalf.
I just hate to see all those auction zombies.
Half the players base doesnt move for ages. Just staring at the auctioneer.

Kill that bloody auctioneer and make people move again!

Again, that's MY personal point of view.

And again, dont worry about my opion at all since it will NEVER happen, since as I wrote, the auction is a huge cash cow for MA and will never go away.

Now, leave me be and let me dream.

No, my problem is people saying they dont have time.
I then just wonder, what are you doing here if you dont have the time.

I have a full time job. 30 to 40 minutes of gaming is enough to calm me down after work and put me in good mood because I like it. In that time I do NOT want to be forced to go around browsing shops, I want to shoot stuff and have fun.

Outside of weekends I don't have more time, and some days not even those 40 minutes. It takes me about 60 seconds to buy what I need from auction, TP and start hunting.

What's so hard to understand to you?

Cheers.

I have a full time job. 30 to 40 minutes of gaming is enough to calm me down after work and put me in good mood because I like it. In that time I do NOT want to be forced to go around browsing shops, I want to shoot stuff and have fun.

Outside of weekends I don't have more time, and some days not even those 40 minutes. It takes me about 60 seconds to buy what I need from auction TP and start hunting.

What's so hard to understand to you?

Cheers.

read the link I posted to read my motivations.

PS, think with me.
What if shops were all very well stocked.
What if you knew which shops would sell the stuff you need.

All you would have to do is tp to a mall (instead of tp-ing to a service centre)
Walk into that mall (instead of walking into the service centre)
Walk into the shop and click the items you want to buy (instead of scrolling though the auction)

Now, that would maybe take you just a minute or so more.

Sure, there are many conditions that have to be met to make shopping an easy and pleasant experience.
But it wouldn't be impossible.

It's just that people very much dislike changes and all have a hard time to adept to new situation.

Sure, I dont want to make playing (and buying/selling) impossible. It has to be a fun experience for all.
But lets be honest, the auctioneer adds ZERO fun to the buying experience.
It's just convenient. And that's all.

removing the auction is a very bad idea....

from my experience, selling some through private trade takes about 60-100 times as long as it takes to sell it through auction...

I'd like to actually play the game instead of sitting idle at twin peaks and hope to get a pm from a buyer...

removing the auction is a very bad idea....

from my experience, selling some through private trade takes about 60-100 times as long as it takes to sell it through auction...

I'd like to actually play the game instead of sitting idle at twin peaks and hope to get a pm from a buyer...

yes yes yes.
It is a bad idea...

...with the current situation.

But please folks, just try to think out of the box just for a few seconds.

let me turn it around and make it a question.
What conditions do you feel need to be met for a pleasant shopping experience outside the auctioneer?
Then, could those possibilities be met with the current infra structure?
Could we achieve a new shopping balance?

Please, dont think that I just want to auctioneer to be removed like that.
Certain conditions have to be met first. But I'm a firm believer that those conditions COULD be met if we want.

*edit*
How could people ever drive carts without horses??
You're crazy!!!
How could people ever fly???
you're crazy!!!

Stop thinking in limitations, and start thinking in possibilities!!

Back