Question about Taming

RoseM1994

Society
NBK Army
Elaine Rose McGregor
I was just wondering if taming is going to start up again, and if so, when?

Welcome to the forum!

:shower:

I don't think there is any ETA for bringing back taming.

Last year MA came up with a systems roadmap for returning systems. Currently they only have two things left on the to-do-list. "Mutant Villages" and "taming". The roadmap said that mutant villages would come in early 2012 and that taming would come at some point in 2012. However, obviously they are starting to cut it really close for their "early in 2012" scheduled time for mutant villages so they could be behind on things.

Unfortunately we learned in the past, that the roadmap is not necessary up to date. It happened that suddenly they implemented something, that wasn't even on the roadmap at all :(.

melee amps were promised in 2007... They ain't here yet, and that's 4 years out. Taming's only been gone a couple of years so far. If it's not back in another 10 years, it would not surprise me one bit.

If we compare taming and mutant villages:

Mutant vilages is a design issue using existing game functionality.
Taming is a new game system that needs to be developed, tested and released.

MA/FPC probably works on more new game systems since this is what they aim for during 2012.

Quote from latest buzz http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2012/1/31/State-of-the-Universe-Address-2012.xml:

One of the main priorities for MindArk and its Planet Partners in 2012 will be improving the experience for new participants. Our development team is already hard at work redesigning the Genesis new arrivals area, with a focus on making it easier for new participants to become familiar with the user interface and Entropia Universe game concepts. Another priority during 2012 will be improving the balance and performance of existing game systems, along with finalizing the reintroduction of prior game systems disabled after the CryEngine2 conversion.

So if you read between the lines Taming is still in the pipe and hopefully it will come back during 2012, even more hopefully, before summer.

Regarding Mutant villages being a design issue this has probably been postponed in favour for Genesis redesign.

Just my guesses so no facts presented here.

melee amps were promised in 2007... They ain't here yet, and that's 4 years out. Taming's only been gone a couple of years so far. If it's not back in another 10 years, it would not surprise me one bit.

One glaring difference,

Melee amps hasnt cost anyone anything they just havent arrived.

Where as we paid 1000's of dollars for the taming skills that have ONLY been gone a couple of years (almost 3) and we have upwards of 54 levels of unusable skills so far unusable for ONLY (almost 3) a couple of years.

I'm sure if hunters, miners main professions just fell off the map they would be a tad irate and yes at the time taming was my highest profession at lvl 52, it's just taking the piss and why i never advertise or promote this game to friends or family.

As others have said MA's roadmaps arent worth much.

One glaring difference,

Melee amps hasnt cost anyone anything they just havent arrived.

Where as we paid 1000's of dollars for the taming skills that have ONLY been gone a couple of years (almost 3) and we have upwards of 54 levels of unusable skills so far unusable for ONLY (almost 3) a couple of years.

I'm sure if hunters, miners main professions just fell off the map they would be a tad irate and yes at the time taming was my highest profession at lvl 52, it's just taking the piss and why i never advertise or promote this game to friends or family.

As others have said MA's roadmaps arent worth much.

wooooo, I knew you tamed butch but level 52!!! thats hardcore! :) that Cobra ME will be very handy......... once taming is back :)

wooooo, I knew you tamed butch but level 52!!! thats hardcore! :) that Cobra ME will be very handy......... once taming is back :)

yeah i have no life, lvl 54 now but there are some who are lvl 80+, that's hardcore.

Back