Stupidest Thing you have done in EU

Crygenifer

Provider
Society
Jebus Cryist
Crygenifer Cry Mistress
What's the stupidest thing you have done .

Here's mine went to the auction and wanted to get some bids started on my ESI. I put it on auction for 140 percent .What I didn't realize, is that; I put it on the the buyout, as soon as I Realized I had done it .The ESI was gone for 15 ped it was a 10.68 ped ESI MU around 760 percent.

Any way's was I ever asleep at the wheel.Used to think ahh never happen to me but it DID.

So if you got I was a stupider story please share...MISERY LOVES COMPANY.:dunce::banghead::holyshit:

Last edited:
Selling my angel set, sentinel set, ml35, and strikehammer back in... 2005-06? And selling out my first 200k skills around then as well. I always think about if I had kept these items for several more years... I'd be rolling in a lot of extra PED :laugh:

Selling my angel set, sentinel set, ml35, and strikehammer back in... 2005-06? And selling out my first 200k skills around then as well. I always think about if I had kept these items for several more years... I'd be rolling in a lot of extra PED :laugh:
Wait I had another avie which i cancelled and wish I never did just getting back to where i was before...wait Im Double stupid lol

Oh, I've done plenty of stupid things over the ten years I've played this game. Especially when I was a noob. Luckily, I've forgotten most them. One thing I do remember vividly, and painfully, is selling uncountable items like a106 and a204 amps, high-end armor parts etc, for basically nothing (during 2003-04). Luckily I kept a few things in storage. I used to call it my "no-deposit-ever-insurance". :laugh:

During 2006, I also accidentally tt'd a couple of hundred peds worth of minerals after a mining run, including a lot of ruga (MU @ a couple of thousand percent, if I remember correctly). That stung.

Last edited:
Buying Laser sights and then accidently tted them! :ahh:

Lets see. Everything I've ever done has been stupid. So kinda hard to pick The stupidest thing :)

You shouldn't really regret anything you've done, it's just life experience and there was a reason for the decision at the time, even in hindsight.

That's why it's often said "youth is wasted on the young".

I don't regret that I sold all my deeds, there was a reason for it.
I don't regret selling all my unlimited chips, although I miss them.
I don't regret selling some skills at times in frustration.

Be comfortable with your choices in life, even if reinventing your own personal wheel at times. You will be a happier person for it. Wisdom has it's place.

Rick

I don't know if this would be considered "stupid" so much as ignorance, but after joining and learning to sweat the first couple weeks, I had ped to try mining. Bought the finder and probes, went out from the old sweat camp (kinda far, to keep away from mobs) and started dropping probes. My first hit I was elated, all jolly I went up to it and...hmmm. "What the hell do I do with this thing bobbing up and down on the ground?" I looked at my finder, looked at my probes, researched the description of the finder, description of the probes. hmmm...WTF!

I decided to go through my whole inventory, and "ohhh....there's a sheet of paper! Now I'll figure it out!" Alright, the sheet of paper says... Tiny Melchi. Ok...I've got a tiny claim, how the H*** do I get it? After about 10 minutes of checking my inventory, skills, professions, details of the options menu, I realized that I was no further figuring this out than I was when I first found the claim.

I ran all the way back the sweat camp and publically asked "how do I get my claim out of the ground?" I was told to use my extractor. Oh, DUH! My extractor!......"uhh, what's an extractor?!" :ahh: The person was nice enough to explain that I need a finder AND an extractor to get my claims out of the ground, and I can get it in the same place I got my finder, the TT. Oh, sweet, thanks!

Turns out, I didn't have enough ped to buy an extractor, and to have enough ped, I'd have to sell my probes AND my finder just to get it. At the end of the day, I put in all that work (almost an hour) to figure out the mining system, and in order to do any realistic mining, I had to get tons more sweating done.

So, not really "stupid" but close to it ;). Ignorance is not bliss :D

I don't know if this would be considered "stupid" so much as ignorance, but after joining and learning to sweat the first couple weeks, I had ped to try mining. Bought the finder and probes, went out from the old sweat camp (kinda far, to keep away from mobs) and started dropping probes. My first hit I was elated, all jolly I went up to it and...hmmm. "What the hell do I do with this thing bobbing up and down on the ground?" I looked at my finder, looked at my probes, researched the description of the finder, description of the probes. hmmm...WTF!

I decided to go through my whole inventory, and "ohhh....there's a sheet of paper! Now I'll figure it out!" Alright, the sheet of paper says... Tiny Melchi. Ok...I've got a tiny claim, how the H*** do I get it? After about 10 minutes of checking my inventory, skills, professions, details of the options menu, I realized that I was no further figuring this out than I was when I first found the claim.

I ran all the way back the sweat camp and publically asked "how do I get my claim out of the ground?" I was told to use my extractor. Oh, DUH! My extractor!......"uhh, what's an extractor?!" :ahh: The person was nice enough to explain that I need a finder AND an extractor to get my claims out of the ground, and I can get it in the same place I got my finder, the TT. Oh, sweet, thanks!

Turns out, I didn't have enough ped to buy an extractor, and to have enough ped, I'd have to sell my probes AND my finder just to get it. At the end of the day, I put in all that work (almost an hour) to figure out the mining system, and in order to do any realistic mining, I had to get tons more sweating done.

So, not really "stupid" but close to it ;). Ignorance is not bliss :D

Great story! :laugh:

dunno...usually to wasted to remember the stupid times... you might be able to tell me :D

Stone hunting when new, finding a few nissit etc., checking tt of it to see 0 ped, and wondering how on earth people were finding 100 ped lysterium, 500 ped cumbriz etc..

Made me more determined to find my 100 ped global on brukkite.

It took a few days for me to realise it wasn't the same thing as mining, when I asked what the fruit was for I had found.

2nd mistake was to deposit.

Mining with amps and crafting when I did not have a clue to what I was doing.

Now, when I have learned some expensive lessons, I´m doing OK. But it did cost a pretty pile of peds to get here.

Knowledge will save you money. :wise:

Mining with amps and crafting when I did not have a clue to what I was doing.

Now, when I have learned what to do and not to do, I´m doing OK. But it did cost a pretty pile of peds to get here.

Knowledge will save you money. :wise:

Knowledge is, to quote Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear;

Jeremy Clarkson said:
POWWWAAAAAAA

I dont do stupid things, i just have bad luck thinking from time to time.

My stupidest thing in EU is not being around you guys when you're doing stupid things :money:

I guess I haven't done too many stupid things since starting playing. But my most recent was in the lootable PVP zone near Aegis Mound. I killed a Feffoid, and someone flew in to loot me, and I stupidly looted the Feffoid, thus increasing my attacker's loot! I knew I would die. I should have just left the Feffoid dead on the ground. Doh!

Pressed exit the entropia universe:eyecrazy:has happened several times:silly2:

In the old map (pre VU 10.0) I used to mine a lot way north of Oshiri hearts. Back then the area was rich in high mu resources and HOFs were frequent. One lucky run i was loading up on ore and enmatter, refining as I went to keep my weight low and maintain a decent run speed, but eventually even with everything refined I was over weight. This used to happen a lot up there and since we didn't have vehicles and the trip back to Oshi was pretty long I used to drop my stuff inside a out-of-the-way bolder. No other players could see it sitting on the ground if they ran past unless they walked into the bolder. By the way, I did this a lot especially inside PVP4. It got to the point that I would find my own stuff inside trees or rocks that I had forgotten to pick up weeks earlier.

This one time however, I put down hundreds of PED worth of resources and went off to continue mining. When I eventually got back to my rock everything was gone. I searched and searched but I knew I had the right location, I mean I might be a dumb-ass, but I'm not stupid. I had the coords and it was a spot I frequently used. Some lucky player walked into my bolder and spotted piles of refined resources just sitting there. Finders-keepers.

No worries though, Calypso always repays you for your losses :cool:

Did a stupid thing a few days ago.
Mining for some force nexus, to eventualy refine with sweat for my tp chip.
After the run, got the refiner out, put the nexus in, and put diluted sweat in the refiner instead of vibrant. :duh:

This is really bad and hurts now thinking about it..

1 Did my 1st Aakas run alone and somehow got lost at the end and got kicked out without claiming my loot :mad::(

2 Once sold two CLDs on AH for the price of one.

3 TTd a bp .. 30 ped mu, not that bad but kinda sucked

4 The one time I got killed/looted in so many space flights was the one time I was moving all my shit from ark to caly :(

These dumb errors, atleast numbers; 1,2 and 4 made/make me wanna quit playing as I dunno if I can really trust myself in this game :eyecrazy:

In the old map (pre VU 10.0) I used to mine a lot way north of Oshiri hearts. Back then the area was rich in high mu resources and HOFs were frequent. One lucky run i was loading up on ore and enmatter, refining as I went to keep my weight low and maintain a decent run speed, but eventually even with everything refined I was over weight. This used to happen a lot up there and since we didn't have vehicles and the trip back to Oshi was pretty long I used to drop my stuff inside a out-of-the-way bolder. No other players could see it sitting on the ground if they ran past unless they walked into the bolder. By the way, I did this a lot especially inside PVP4. It got to the point that I would find my own stuff inside trees or rocks that I had forgotten to pick up weeks earlier.

This one time however, I put down hundreds of PED worth of resources and went off to continue mining. When I eventually got back to my rock everything was gone. I searched and searched but I knew I had the right location, I mean I might be a dumb-ass, but I'm not stupid. I had the coords and it was a spot I frequently used. Some lucky player walked into my bolder and spotted piles of refined resources just sitting there. Finders-keepers.

No worries though, Calypso always repays you for your losses :cool:

LOL i did exactly the same thing, only i forgot the position lost 240peds worth of belkar.

Other than that:
*have sold bp for 500peds that was worth 5000peds (was on phone, so not paying too much attention)
*TT ed unholy amount of beast/a104 amps.
*went afk in space with all my space mob loot in inventory just to come back and see myself in space station without anything.
*Sold all my skills (atleast 10 times now)
*Bought Master Coat for 5500ped (got my money back as the seller was very kind person, i still cheer for you when i see you hof)
*Turned down UL WW bp at 200ped as i thought it will be common.

Almost forgot:
Paid 5,4k peds for bp worth 50peds (the seller changed it before trade /AGAIN i was on phone :D / )

Last edited:
rerolled my ten + year old avatar to be natural skilled and unskilled.

Dear stupider club members really enjoyed your stories bump for us .....:dunce:

Hmm my most stupid thing was probably a full jaguar set with evader profession around 15 but it looked so coool... :rolleyes:

Another stupid thing was my thought to invest in a LA around the time of "CND" relase. Im still so glad Silverfox shared some income informations with me and i didn't end up with some crap la in the middle of nowhere. However, i invested some of the monney meant for this deal in the "Tentacle", a publisher whos bankrupt now. :lolup:

I looted a Swine deluxe once .... and used them to hunt, took me a few k peds to realize that is was the most stupid idea ever. Got my monney back as i sold it but still

1. start coloring
2. buy a shop

or maybe the other way around .. :laugh:

Few weeks ago running around with ~10k worth of mats in pvp4. Didn't get looted but could kill myselfe when I found out

Being naive and think,

"It's 01.00 MA time - of course no one will shoot me down with 1,5k TT Niks. when flying from RT to Caly just for the xtra MU and not be able to wait for tomorrow".

Yeah.....guess who lost 1,5k TT Niks that night 'couse of greed and stupidity?
:mad:

Lesson learned the hard way :hammer:

Happened a few times.
Planned to go with EFA to some other planet to mine.
And when arrived, anticipating a normal and relaxing mining run, you fumble around youre inventory one, two and three times, just to realize that you forgot youre Sleipnir on Caly.

Not fun if you are at NI. 3-4 days with just apes and boars as only company.

Back