MindArk Question

Digi

Hatchling
Entropia Question

Hello,
Relatively new to the game, heard about it after the 100,000.00 purchase. I've been reading and it appears this game has been going since 1995. Which is a surprise that I had never heard of it. There is, fromo what I see, relatively no advertising about PE. So my question is how does Mindark make it's money. They say they make no money from transaction fees, that the transaction fees go to pay the actual bank. But somehow they have to be getting paid for all the work they do to support the game??

Just curious is all. I've told about 10 people about this game and they are all stoked. I'm a war vet from SWG and am happy that I found PE.

Thank you
Digi

Last edited:
Decay

MA makes all their money from Decay. Im not sure though where the 100,000 from Neverdie goes... hopefully the loot pool to pay for all these ATH's :laugh:

They have said under several occations that they only get money from ingame from the decay!

Btw might want to change thread title, dont ask questions directed to mindark here as it isnt a official forum :)

Dannei said:
auction to...

um NO Decay only Marco has stated this over and over and over and over

RexDameon said:
um NO Decay only Marco has stated this over and over and over and over

I can do it again - MindArks revenue stream is from deterioation of items when they are used.

Reactions: Wiz
Marco|MindArk said:
I can do it again - MindArks revenue stream is from deterioation of items when they are used.

Then hopefully you will answer my little question as well :)

Is Melee users then putting money directly into the pocket of MA ?
ANd is BLP users putting less money in loot pool than laser users ??

Dear dear Marco, please answer these 2 questions :D

Euroman said:

He once stated on EP (if I remember correctly, his post magicly disapeared due to a bug), that they don't take all decay.
Part of it is returned to the lootpool.

He said this when the new looting system was introduced and the VU list stated average loot was raised, some people said that was impossible.

Correct me if my memory failed me Marco ;)

Marco|MindArk said:

eh :confused: so what happens to all the 1 ped fees from auction then?
lootpool?, Auctioneers aren't real they dont need wages, lol

cyco animal said:

Marco|MindArk said:
MindArks revenue stream is from deterioation of items when they are used.

Clear enough?

Bleh...

I dont believe this for 1 second.

Once you have deposited.... THEY ALREADY HAVE YOUR MONEY - No matter what you buy with your money.

Sure in their "books" they will set it up in such a way that the money spent on ammo etc. all goes back into the mystical "loot pool" to be redistributed to the players - but.... your money is in THEIR bank... they can do whatever they want with it, and are more than likely earning a tidy amount of interest on THEIR money in THEIR bank account anyway....

Euroman said:

i had the same question a while ago and Marco replyed NO
so it should be still NO.

as my quessing goes if you add decay and "average" amount of ammo used to cause x amount of damage you will get a figure that is the "spent" peds so melee weapons would just use this "ammo" in a form of decay, confusing enough?

here:

to kill argo with MK2 - 12 shots decay 5 pecs (just as example) = 125 pecs Decay is 5% (bad with math) ammo to loot pool 95%
to kill argo with valor - 9 swings at 17 per swing = 152pecs Decay 5% = 8pecs to the loot pool 95% - 144pecs

or something like that

Another good question was brought up, Ti and the Space station money? Perhaps they help provide hardware upgrades or does it go into the 'pool'
:)

cyco animal said:
The fee probably goes to lootsystem yes...
Reason why they have the fee, is to stop all auctions with things that
had to low value or no demand for, to flood the auctionsystem... ;)

About melee users, blp-users, decay and so on, I have this theory:
I think every pec we use (decay, ammo, fees and so on) goes to one big (ingame-)account, and from that
one, the total decay of all players, that are done in a certain period, is
withdrawn.
That way it doesnt matter if you have
0% ammo 100% decay,
50% ammo 50% decay, or
90% ammo 10% decay in your cost.

mOOLAh

All I know is that I asked them and they wouldn't reply to my question. Said they don't discuss such matters. So it really sparked my curiosity. Thank you all for posting.

Digi

Back