How TKoC Began.....

Thaddeuss

Prowler
Society
The Knights of Calypso
Thaddeuss Thad Scotsman
ojsbig.jpg

A Long time Ago in a not so far off land of Calypso....

When armor equiping decay was unheard of and selling sweat for 1 pec a bottle was plentiful. Their was a brave noob named Thaddeuss......

Thaddeuss emerged from the Imperial Calypso Colony Dropship into the fresh open air of Eudoria on October 22, 2006 just inside the Port Atlantis city boundries. Their he stood on the tarmac slowly taking in all the wonderous sights to be seen. Spaceships, strange creatures, and unfimiliar environment all of it so wonderous and yet overwhelming all at once.

Thaddeuss was anxious to wander around exploring these new lands he would come to love and call home. But before he was able to do very much at all, their approached a man who Thadd noticed standing off to the side of the ship watching him quite intently. As Thaddeuss was the curious type he accepted the mans invite to chat, soon to find out this man was Leader of a Society and offered Thadd to join his society for some beginner help. As Thadd was new to the game and was desperate for some help in learning all the new controls and functions, he accepted the mans offer of help graciously.

This new found freind brought Thaddeuss to swamp camp told him how to sweat and then was off without another word...

A couple days later Thadd was running about swamp camp sweating animals while trying to stay alive at the same time. When he came upon another man from the same society.

Thaddeuss excitedly yelled out "HI!" in the society channel but with no response back to him from this other member. He then yelled again "Hi purple dot!", and still nothing, the member didn't respond and disapeared of radar moments later.
After a few more days of wandering around exploring Thaddeuss soon came to realize their was never anyone answering his questions or his please for help on the society channel. He started to wonder to himself; What are these society groups for if no one will help or even talk to each other?

As Thadd stood their in his O.J's pondering this thought, his Leader suddenly appeared infront of him.....

"Thaddeuss! I have been looking for you. It is time to pay your society fee's." The leader says to him.
"Soceity fee's? You never said anything about this when i joined? I have all but 5 Peds that i have earned sweating." Says Thadd
"That will do for now Thadd, I expect the rest by the end of the week or you will be kicked from the soc!"

As Thadd accepted his leaders trade invite and handed over the 5 peds he had worked so hard to earn. Something clicked in his mind.
Thadd quickly canceled the trade and said to his leader,
"You know what man! I'm not giving you a single pec! you havent helped in any of my times of need, nor have i yet to get a single reply back on any question i ever asked in the soc chat! So i Quit Your stupid Soc Bud!"

"Fine!" says the leader "Good luck getting anyone to teach and help ya for free!"

Thadd was lost and alone.. He didnt know what to do. He couldnt join another soc in fear of them doing the same thing to him, and he couldnt learn the game all on his own, their was way too much, he felt utterly hopeless.

And then all of a sudden it came to him. He would make his own society called The Knights of Calypso! A community of honest, caring members willing to help each other anyway they can and learn the game together teaching each other the small bits of knowledge each came across on their travels.

..and one day when Thadd and his fellow knights had learned all they could and got their share of time in under their belts. maybe just maybe they could recruit new players into TkoC to protect them from the scammer society's and pass their vast knowledge on to them.

And So The Knights of Calypso Were Born and their quest for greatness has begun and continues to this day.....

botsvshumans.jpg

Last edited:
Awww another successful society story :clap:

Glad to hear things are going great for you, good luck guys! :)

thank you very much Ice :ahh: we're still kick'n thats for sure!

lovely story and an interesting read :D

it would be nice to know how some of EU's other well-known and famous socs began :yay:

Where it began really!!!

It really began with Zero_Zeozose_zone (me) being his mentor and helping him in many ways un-imaginable. I was his neighbor in real life and showed him the game. A long long long time ago

wow interesting story :) good job

It really began with Zero_Zeozose_zone (me) being his mentor and helping him in many ways un-imaginable. I was his neighbor in real life and showed him the game. A long long long time ago

huh?? Thaddeuss sort things out for me now thank you

Nice background story

huh?? Thaddeuss sort things out for me now thank you

he told me not to join a soc but i didnt listen lol

i always learn the hard way lol

he also wasnt very supportive about making my own soc but i have that anarchist personality ..

if some one says dont push the red button i got to push the red button lol

he told me not to join a soc but i didnt listen lol

i always learn the hard way lol

he also wasnt very supportive about making my own soc but i have that anarchist personality ..

if some one says dont push the red button i got to push the red button lol

What if the red button is bad? Lol.

that just makes ya want to push it more right ? :D

or is that just me ? :laugh:

redbutton.jpg

sorry couldn't resist. Great story by the way.

AVE Thaddeuss

Thanks to our founder Thaddeuss we are grown in to big Soc and still carrying his ideas of helping new players.

Last edited:
thanks thadd!

Back