Entropia Universe Video Guides - January 2007

AkiranBlade

Slayer
Society
Shaolin
Akira AkiranBlade Kurusowa
Hi all,

Below are some guide/tutorial movies I created back in January 2007. These were in an effort to aid newcomers to Entropia and mentors alike.

These videos require the DivX codec, please visit DivX Video Player - DivX Video Codec - DivX Converter to download the codec for free.

Please ensure you right click and select "Save As..." to download the movies to ensure you don't download them more than once. It will also work out quicker as trying to play these in Windows Media Player will end up with you sat there waiting for something to happen! :)

If you are telling people how to get to these tutorials, please inform them of the abbreviated URL:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/tutorials/ - NO LONGER VALID

I know, I sound 'spoddy' in them, I was just trying to speak clearly, but was trying too hard lol. Plus I cock up in a few places. After you've done the same scene 20 times, you begin to let some mistakes slide :)

I hope you enjoy the tutorials/guides and maybe you might learn something :)

Last edited:
Ugh, I've been planning to do a series of these as well lol.

Good to see these up at long last :)

Nice job on the guide AB, looking forward to seeing the rest.

:wtg:

Also, if you wish, I can offer to host copies here on the EF server.

Thanks 711.

That would help as it seems the stage6 site has gone down. PM me some ftp settings or let me know how I can upload them securely. :)

Good to see these up at long last :)

Yeah, I was planning to do more as you know, but ran out of IRL time to do it all. I'm planning to set aside some time for CE2's release so I can do them properly.

I've now uploaded all of the videos I did back in January last year. I didn't finish the series and won't be until CE2 comes out where I will start again.

Thanks for uploading AB, I have altered the filenames and directory structure a bit to avoid potential problems with spaces in file names and URLs.

First post updated with the new links.

:wtg:

First one watched, and its very good Blade, infact, I wish I could have had a video like this when I started.

Instead of running around Cape Corinth screaming "why are my hands green!?"
like a fool :laugh:

However, I did find myself watching to see if I globalled or not, but then, you know how long my attention span is lol.

Your voice is perfect, you took it nice and slow, which will be helpfull for those people that dont use English as their 1st language.

So well done, Ohhhh and you managed not to moan about loot for all that time??

hahahahha (j/k) :laugh:

Good Job, really good Vid!! :wtg:

First one watched, and its very good Blade, infact, I wish I could have had a video like this when I started.

Instead of running around Cape Corinth screaming "why are my hands green!?"
like a fool :laugh:

However, I did find myself watching to see if I globalled or not, but then, you know how long my attention span is lol.

Your voice is perfect, you took it nice and slow, which will be helpfull for those people that dont use English as their 1st language.

So well done, Ohhhh and you managed not to moan about loot for all that time??

hahahahha (j/k) :laugh:

Good Job, really good Vid!! :wtg:

Thanks for your comments dj, means a lot to me.

Oh, and I've not moaned about loot since... well, just before I chipped out :)

Thanks for changing the title for me 711. :)

Thank YOu for the guides. I am a newbie and it helped me a lot.

Thank YOu for the guides. I am a newbie and it helped me a lot.

I'm glad it did :) I'm looking forward to doing them for CE2 aswell, provided MindArk haven't made plans to do so themselves.

Very nice work :L) I'll be putting people onto these guides when I'm hanging around swamp or new arrivals :)

Very nice work :L) I'll be putting people onto these guides when I'm hanging around swamp or new arrivals :)

Excellent :) I've asked 711 if it is possible to make an easy to remember URL as a redirect for them, so as to help Mentors/Helpers to pass it on to newbies.

Of course, this may not be feasible and I thank 711 for his help with these videos to date.

Amazing guides! :eek:

These videos should either be on the screens in PA, on the main EU website for people to watch before they download, or the guides at the booths should have a link to them as this sums it all up in a concise way and saves a lot of trouble at the start.

These videos should either be on the screens in PA, on the main EU website for people to watch before they download, or the guides at the booths should have a link to them as this sums it all up in a concise way and saves a lot of trouble at the start.

:) Thanks for that.

I'm thinking that this thread really needs to be in the Tutorial Forum, my bad for not thinking about that clearly enough when posting.

very nice maybe my GF can learn to play now :) +rep

Hmmmmmm stop making my brain think stuff Rzr.......Why wait for MA , i know a perfectly good ingame TV Channel :)

very nice maybe my GF can learn to play now :) +rep

Yay! Then you can be nagged in your virtual life too! I think your onto a winner. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Jamhot

BTW Very nice vids Akiran well thought out, put together and explained in clear detail , excellent man!

Last edited:
i have absolutely no problems with her and my gaming :)

but plz don't use the N word another time ;)

crafting and mining videos are not available :(

The links are working properly for me, not sure what you mean.

Working for me too. Did you try Right Click and Save As.. garci?

I want to thank AkiranBlade for this excellent work. I started this game a week back and was having trouble with movements and also I have a mining gear which I didn't know how to use it. After seeing this videos I have learned what to do. But to learn in detail I should try it out these things myself.

Back