Entropia Universe Video Guides - January 2007

theyre nice but too big
took me almost half an hour to download the first one and the others are even bigger

but great work there ^^

Working for me too. Did you try Right Click and Save As.. garci?

i did, now it's working but on friday these 2 videos were zero length after download

theyre nice but too big
took me almost half an hour to download the first one and the others are even bigger

but great work there ^^

Unfortunately that's the smallest they could be made. If the resolution was any smaller, the text would not be clearly readable and this is half of the point of the guide. If the compression was up too high, you get the same problem but also it will make EU look really bad.

I kinda hoped people would feel they were worth the wait :D

Unfortunately that's the smallest they could be made. If the resolution was any smaller, the text would not be clearly readable and this is half of the point of the guide. If the compression was up too high, you get the same problem but also it will make EU look really bad.

I kinda hoped people would feel they were worth the wait :D

actually i guess they are...
but someone thats downloading them for the first time wont know that ;)
maybe you could try splitting a bit more the videos like:
1- Movements
2- Screen and options
3- ...
you already did that but you grouped them into 1 file
maybe you should split those into many small files
maybe the small ones can even go to you tube ;)

(maybe you could have the grouped ones and the ungrouped ones for ppl that dont care to download the big files)

just a thought ^^

i did, now it's working but on friday these 2 videos were zero length after download

[offtopic]
when that happens go to the downloaded file and click shift+del this way it will be deleted and wont go to the trash bin. after that you can try to download again. when you simply delete it windows tries to save time by geting the file from the trash bin when you download it again
lazy lazy windows ;)
[/offtopic]

nice videos XD

actually i guess they are...
but someone thats downloading them for the first time wont know that ;)
maybe you could try splitting a bit more the videos like:
1- Movements
2- Screen and options
3- ...
you already did that but you grouped them into 1 file
maybe you should split those into many small files
maybe the small ones can even go to you tube ;)

(maybe you could have the grouped ones and the ungrouped ones for ppl that dont care to download the big files)

just a thought ^^

YouTube I specifically stayed away from, the compression involved in getting them on there and the fact you will get naff all resolution means the videos would become worthless. I figures if you downloaded Entropia @ 2GB, a couple hundred more megs wouldn't matter for some comprehensive basic learning :) but essentially... UT00b is BAD.... m'kay! :)

YouTube I specifically stayed away from, the compression involved in getting them on there and the fact you will get naff all resolution means the videos would become worthless. I figures if you downloaded Entropia @ 2GB, a couple hundred more megs wouldn't matter for some comprehensive basic learning :) but essentially... UT00b is BAD.... m'kay! :)

hmm
ok its just my thought mate
but i know one thing...
when i downloaded PE and waited all that time for it to download...
i didnt want to download 1 more mb ...
all i wanted was to try the game
i did find some stuff about the game on the web and the first thing i did was eliminate all the bigger guides and stuff ;)

a really nice work indeed...i absolutely love the specifications : " rememeber, you won`t do the same damage with your lover skills " :p
it will be nice for a noob to heal 10 all the time with the fap 5:p)
good work and +rep

hmm
ok its just my thought mate
but i know one thing...
when i downloaded PE and waited all that time for it to download...
i didnt want to download 1 more mb ...
all i wanted was to try the game
i did find some stuff about the game on the web and the first thing i did was eliminate all the bigger guides and stuff ;)

I totally understand, if I do some for CE2 I will release a lower resolution version, but I guarentee that they will not put the message across quite the same as the native resolution versions. Thanks for you constructive criticism :)

a really nice work indeed...i absolutely love the specifications : " rememeber, you won`t do the same damage with your lover skills " :p
it will be nice for a noob to heal 10 all the time with the fap 5:p)
good work and +rep

Hehe, well, they'll be using T1's this time around :D Which is another thing that has changed since :D

I am so very glad to be seeing these videes, at the least because I wasd hearing that the grate Bladez hads no longer playing this games.

I has been awey and has know descuverd that the playa hoo i did sea fytting those hoolloos even so long ago wenn danoobster starts the gamez is being a beginnar aggen. This danoob thinks must being vary deeficolt.

I luuk fore the necst ov this veeds.

Dan00b

amagad amagad DaNoob is back!! Yay! \o/

Look out hoggyhoos!

great videos

thanks to watching video Ive finally managed to kill a creature and loot it thanks

These are exellent for people like me who want to get into this game. I am not playing quite yet because I need to upgrade parts on my computer to make it run efficiently but when I get it working, I will use all these videos as reference in Entropia. :yay:

You said you sound "spoddy" bah, you didn't sound too bad. Its a tutorial, not broadway.

I'm downloading them to watch. But it looks like you did a good job!

You said you sound "spoddy" bah, you didn't sound too bad. Its a tutorial, not broadway.

I'm downloading them to watch. But it looks like you did a good job!

Thanks for your kind words. I hope you both enjoy them and find them informative. I'm sure, however, that a significant portion of them is now out of date with the ever evolving universe! :D

Hey man, I just finished watching the first video. Although I already know mostly everything there is to the basics. It just felt that I was finished a tutorial, I am no ready to move on. xD

Also, maybe you can make some shorter videos? You know, something that covers everything you need to know in shorter time.

Hehe, it was funny hearing you pronounce "Inventory." I don't mean to just point it out, but it was really neat to hear. :D:D

Awesome vid's man.

AB, if anything in these great videos need updating, and you are tempted to redo them, or do others, can I make a request??

Please can you recruit DaNoob to do the commentary.

AB, if anything in these great videos need updating, and you are tempted to redo them, or do others, can I make a request??

Please can you recruit DaNoob to do the commentary.

Hehe! Is DaN00b still around! Anyhow, thanks for the comments guys, and Onciest, you're not the first to pick up on my saying of "inventory" :D

I'm not doing any videos right now. I had originally planned to do some more when the new Engine was released as I felt that would be a good milestone of change with which to do them.

However, since I've had some quite significant changes of lifestyle, I just plain don't have the time at the moment and for the forseeable future. I guess my last word is watch this space when CryEngine is released and I will confirm whether or not I am going to do them or not. I would really love to do it again, but to quote Depeche Mode; it's just a question of time.

Good job m8

I somehow missed to notice this before :scratch2:
But i will from now on for sure adress this to all i meet that i belive will need it;)
Very well done i hope to see more of u like this :wtg:
+Rep offcourse
Regards

I somehow missed to notice this before :scratch2:
But i will from now on for sure adress this to all i meet that i belive will need it;)
Very well done i hope to see more of u like this :wtg:
+Rep offcourse
Regards

Thanks chap! :)

Great info for fresh colonists AB! I somehow missed these videos. Even though the terminals have changed a bit, the info is very useful.

Great info for fresh colonists AB! I somehow missed these videos. Even though the terminals have changed a bit, the info is very useful.

Glad you think so! Cheers! :)

Excellent Presentation.

I'm a newb (hopefully not for much longer) and this is very helpful. Now I can stop asking silly questions of strangers, thanks. :cool:

Glad they were of help to you :)

None of these videos will play for me. I downloaded the codec for it but it won't play at all.

Good idea but unfortunatly way to big files for the majority of South Africans as we don't have free internet and cap is quite expensive for most

Back