Recommended Gun

-Herb-

Prowler
Herbatrix Herb "Fuck" Herbalicious Fail
I'm currently looking for a gun to use..i am mostly a Miner, though I need a nice weapon for self-defence, and perhaps to go hunting with soc occasionally. I have fairly low skills, just over 9 BLP Sniper ( looking for a BLP Rifle), so it's an UnL gun i'm after. I've previously used a GDC-97, though i'm looking for something with a bit more 'oomph':silly2:
I won't be using the weapon too regularly, so the dmg/pec perhaps doesn't matter as much (though of course, I would avoid anything with less than 3.90). I've taken a look at the Lagunas Cannon, though my mentor (up to about 30 mins ago:D) said that people he'd talked to said it was bad..so any personal experiences and suggestions greatly appreciated:)

at lvl 9 sniper you will not even get close to a 3.90 dmg/pec unless you are using a SIB weapon within your skill range, and if you do that it will not provide as much "oomph" as a GDC-97. I guess if you want to keep using UL weapons it really doesn't matter which one you pick as all of them will be un-eco so I would suggest a Maddox IV or a Delta for quick killing and a decent price, range is limited but works for self defence.

Emery

I have fairly low skills, just over 9 BLP Sniper ( looking for a BLP Rifle), so it's an UnL gun i'm after.

You've got this backwards. At low levels you should use L weapons. Unlmited weapons are much less efficient until you get to about Level 70 or more.

Try the Geotrek 120 or 175.

Iff u dont care about cost..

Maddox4 + Beast :cool:

Oow just saw u want a rifle..

at lvl 9 sniper you will not even get close to a 3.90 dmg/pec unless you are using a SIB weapon within your skill range, and if you do that it will not provide as much "oomph" as a GDC-97. I guess if you want to keep using UL weapons it really doesn't matter which one you pick as all of them will be un-eco so I would suggest a Maddox IV or a Delta for quick killing and a decent price, range is limited but works for self defence.

Emery
I meant 3.9 max dmg/pec (based on Entropedia, as of course in practice all weapons have much lower eco), and Maddox and Delta are good, though I would prefer to use Rifle as I have very little skill in Handgun

You've got this backwards. At low levels you should use L weapons. Unlmited weapons are much less efficient until you get to about Level 70 or more.

Try the Geotrek 120 or 175.

I don't really mind too much about efficiency, as said just want something that can pack a punch, if I wanted eco i'd get an Opalo :D And, as i'm low level, all the (L) weapons that I can use are do very low damage - i'm looking to buy some skills to drag my BLP Damage prof from 6.9 to 9, and even then I can only use a Sphyra, which does 17dmg max. So yeah, something nice and UnL..and still looking for experiences with the Cannon:)

the cannon is bad vs people and has low dps for killing stuff
i would recomend as129+dante ingore the warning as it dont matter with you skills and the extra dps is more important
if you cant afford that get a mad4+beast

or if you on a bugget but dont need the dps of the mad4 get a as117+beast

skill up to the CB19(L)+Beast for a good combo..

or take the quick route and do as cev suggested a maddox/delta +beast

if you must have a rifle then go with an AS-97/98 or TR 5/6 +beast whichever your pocket book allows for.

- ; )

but the maddox/delta+beast will give you the best bang for the buck in speed

Edit: if you have the peds for a cannon then i'd get the as-117 like mentioned above.

I meant 3.9 max dmg/pec (based on Entropedia, as of course in practice all weapons have much lower eco), and Maddox and Delta are good, though I would prefer to use Rifle as I have very little skill in Handgun

LOL:laugh:, you are currently lvl 9 sniper using UL weapons... I bet if you switched over to handgun you would catch up in a week.

The problem is the weapon wouldnt pack a punch since you would be missing often and doing minimum damage often with a HA as low as it would be at that level. At least with a L gun you dont miss and hit close to max damage each time so in the end you would pack more of a punch with the L gun. But to each their own :) Maddox is definatly the best choice due to the rapid speed so if you miss a few the others will still hit to provide a decent attack. Though hunting will be terribly uneconomic at this level . gl with the choices you make :)

Just been looking at prices, and the AS-129 cost is quite hefty..the ASG-3 looks pretty nice though, crappy range but as it's for self-defence I wouldnt really be going for something thats far away and not attacking me. And Parasite, in most cases that would be true, but the only L weapon I can currently use is the 17-dmg sphyra ;)
If I find someone that is willing to rent out a MadIV for a few minutes and get to test it out a bit, i'll see how it goes, but I generally prefer rifle.

herb... i don't know if you realize that the maddox has more range than the asg-3

When you choose weapon, always compare with this tool:
Entropia Tools: Average Dmg/Pec Comparison

And never forget to enter your real values for HA and min-dmg.

I think you will be surprised how much they matter for what you actually get out of the gun...

When you choose weapon, always compare with this tool:
Entropia Tools: Average Dmg/Pec Comparison

And never forget to enter your real values for HA and min-dmg.

I think you will be surprised how much they matter for what you actually get out of the gun...

Just been taking a look at that, indeed Maddox was more eco and did more damage than most of the rifles I've spoke of.. (though the ASG-3 was very close)

Now, is anyone interested in trading some Rifle skills for Handgun?

Back