EntropiaRadio.com

Great just loged in and hey presto i am listening NP

Good luck ill keep tuned in:yay:

the music is AWESOME :yay::wtg::wtg::yay::wtg::wtg::yay::yay:

Yep, music is good, not too loud, and with good pace for EU hunting, mining, etc.

I was getting so tired of my playlist - and cba to download zillions of mp3's more - so this was very refreshing :)

New music is like breathing fresh, new air :D

bah only bunch of noise and a female voice here....when u gonna start playing real music? :) METAL!!!!!

Bah stopid metalhead! :silly2: it should be synth ofcourse :D

it works fine for me
but...

bah only bunch of noise and a female voice here....when u gonna start playing real music? :) METAL!!!!!

metal i would hear but the current songs i dont like ;)
no need to be metal just something with lyrics

when you get some good music let me know XD

ps.: didnt know that if you have more music on playlist winamp will follow the playlist after the music on the radio finishes :S

I am using VLC media player without any problems.

However when I open stream it could be limited to for example 0:9:13 and
when the time is out I have to press play again. But good job ! :)

and when the Talk Shows start?:yay:plz don'tplay only matal music play greek songs too

Another exciting project from MA's favourite NCO. Working nicely for me, I've helped out with the test too. Dropped your site on a few leet haxorz forums saying da sh1t cant be cracked and has 100% uptime :silly2:

J/K of course...
Nice one, MA music changes is good and not to be discouraged, and while I see certain influences in their efforts, if you login more than 10hrs a week it kinda gets old. I don't personally listen to house much, but I like that it crosses over as good substitute for ambient music in EU :)

Nice one, MA music changes is good and not to be discouraged, and while I see certain influences in their efforts, if you login more than 10hrs a week it kinda gets old.

:laugh:

There are people here that log 10 hours + a day....

:D

I'm looking forward to this becoming a staple for Entropia players. I'm sure when the hosts get started, there will be music aplenty for every kind of taste.

... just curious how all this works

do you need to pay royalties for the tunes u broadcast?

Edit: didnt wanna sound too gruff, am more curious about any costs in setting up a show. etc. if there are any restrictions on what can and cant be used etc

Last edited:
doesn't work for me :/
Say's cannot sync in winamp with HTTP:
with MMS:// it doesn't recongize and won't play

Starts and stops in iexplore
and firefox locks up :/
And wmplayer doesn't recongize the link.

As stated on the website:
Entropia-related content will come soon, once some radio shows are lined up, and content is produced.

I'd hold my breath but I fear I might die :silly2: Out of interest, has anyone ever tried this before?

I mean I know someone did a sorta pod cast in recent times and I'm pretty certain there was an entropian radio too? Memory fails :confused:

Wistrel

PS it seems to stop at the end of each track in winamp (then have to press play again)

I'd hold my breath but I fear I might die :silly2: Out of interest, has anyone ever tried this before?

I mean I know someone did a sorta pod cast in recent times and I'm pretty certain there was an entropian radio too? Memory fails :confused:

Wistrel

PS it seems to stop at the end of each track in winamp (then have to press play again)

I'm running it on Winamp right now and don't have this issue.
The songs transition without a problem.

Weird.

I've been listening in winamp too and didnt have that problem, also listening right now perfectly.

... just curious how all this works

do you need to pay royalties for the tunes u broadcast?

Edit: didnt wanna sound too gruff, am more curious about any costs in setting up a show. etc. if there are any restrictions on what can and cant be used etc

Be interested to see the rules are in Neo's case and country. It tends to vary and net radio is something of a grey area. I know in America the RIAA keep trying to tax it into extinction or something like that. The radio station at my local university in the UK requires a general broadcast licence in addition to, for example, a radio broadcast licence. i.e. one for the content and one for the transmission medium. Even if they were just broadcasting online they need the general licence I believe.

As for all the general shoutcast stations out there though... I have no idea.

A fun one is japanaradio. It's based in the US but plays exclusively music that is imported from Japan. How or why then is it supposed to pay royalties to American music distributors? Its all very weird... I guess if you arn't making money off it though, it should be ok to broadcast music online so long as you own it

Thoughts? Facts? - Like LT, I'd be interested to know about this kinda thing if anyone has more info

Wistrel

Last edited:
I'm running it on Winamp right now and don't have this issue.
The songs transition without a problem.

Weird.

I'm on 5.52 but it wouldn't supprise me if its my computer though. Its not entirely happy after I had to do a "windows repair" install at that weekend

:mad:

Out of interest, has anyone ever tried this before?

Wistrel

I have seen Entropia residents promote several different internet radio stations that they have been involved with, though all the ones I have listened to were for music only. I have not encountered a station yet that was able to deliver on a promise of Entropia-specific content.

It will be interesting to hear what comes out of this project.

Wistrel

that happens to me too

about the radio what about ravenZ?
wasnt it an entropian radio?
not sure tho since i only opened it once and only for 2 min XD
<-- really not fond of house and eletro

I've been using the stand alone Media Player, feed has been great, 2-3 hours without a glitch or hickup.

The only thing i noticed yesterday was after a few hours, the sound suddenly went off, and when i checked i had a message saying "Server is busy".

Sounds like a great idea, but just tried it and cant get a sound...

Tried both webpage, standalone and Winamp :( tried other online station and they worked just fine.

will try later again...

/Droid

Last edited:
Personally i think this would work better as a podcasts network on EU. (I see you already have the covered on the url front ;) )

People could host shows on the most diverse matters, but without a broadcast schedule, and people could listen to them when they would like to. (and have rewind/etc options)

Ofc the major thing needed to make either formats work is to have people willing to produce content. (what by seeing some posts from people suitable for it in this thread looks a bit hard to me)

On the other hand you are still working out the details, so... are you going to make each show available for download after it is broadcasted?

Oh cougar, o teu sig ta a distorcer o forum.. arranja la isso ;)

Oh cougar, o teu sig ta a distorcer o forum.. arranja la isso ;)

was? I dont understand this...i translated this from portugal to english and get:
"Oh to cougar, yours sig you to distorting the forum. arranges la this" ?

Yeah im asking him to fix his signature, since its distorting the forum.

Works fine in Winamp for me, except it's slow sometimes and takes a few seconds to buffer.

Back