EntropiaRadio.com

Anyone remembers the old PERadio with Speaker etc?

That was fun, I remember they once tracked the tel.number of a scammer and called him live on the radio =)
... and many other fun things.

I hope this one will be just as good :)

love the concept, but the techno is killing me...

Podcasts are a great idea... should definately be able to podcast stuff :)

~Red

I am still working out the details of how to allow others to broadcast live on EntropiaRadio.

In the meanwhile, I think a good option is to start off using pre-recorded segments, and broadcast those at pre-scheduled times. It would be great to get some Entropia-related content in rotation on EntropiaRadio, things like interviews, newscasts, fanfiction, etc. The broadcasts can be submitted in mp3 or wma format, and should include a playlist file (m3a or wpl) if there are multiple audio files required for the broadcast.

Anyone interested in having a weekly show on EntropiaRadio.com should contact me via PM here on EF. I will then start organizing a weekly broadcast schedule.

i tryed it few times but evry time he was offline :(

I have had no problems connecting at any time.

Do you have a firewall? Perhaps you are blocking your own connection to the audio stream. :scratch:

i just bookmarked the site. looks great. sounds great. get those specialty programs cooking, not that i have a problem with house music cause i absolutely love it

I used the MMS url and Winamp

I am getting alot of buffering dropouts

But it sounds great when it plays.

Normally I have no problem listening to net radio on WINAMP so not sure what the problem is.

I tried the windows media player option also and get the same buffering problem, yet my normal Netradio stations work fine, must be some knot betweeen my net connection and your radio source. :( too bad cause it sounds real good.

Last edited:
I wanna hear 711 speak!

I have some suggestions

'Hi DJ!'

'Song dedicated to DJ'

..maybe a poem? :swoon:

:lolup:

(LOL actually made myself laugh, how sad) :laugh:

:yay: :yay:

I wanna hear 711 speak!

I have some suggestions

'Hi DJ!'

'Song dedicated to DJ'

..maybe a poem? :swoon:

:lolup:

(LOL actually made myself laugh, how sad) :laugh:

:yay: :yay:

Remind me sometime, I'll see if I can't get Marco or Frank to read you a poem ;)

:D :yay: :D

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I wanna hear 711 speak!

Actually, there is a link here somewhere on the forum to some Entropia walkthroughs that were done during the CES convention in Las Vegas. Someone responded in the thread, assuming that it was David Simmonds that did the commentary, but it was actually me ;)

I can't seem to find the thread with the link now, but it's around somewhere.

***EDIT***

Thx to h0n3y for finding the links:

I've also found that gametrailers.com have also made some gameplay coverage commented by our ambassadors (i guess):

All media on GT for Entropia Universe

Videos from CES:

Gametrailers.com - Entropia Universe - CES 2008: Loot and Website Walkthrough
Gametrailers.com - Entropia Universe - CES 2008: Loot and Website Walkthrough HD

Gametrailers.com - Entropia Universe - CES 2008: Professions Walkthrough
Gametrailers.com - Entropia Universe - CES 2008: Professions Walkthrough HD

Gametrailers.com - Entropia Universe - CES 2008: Economy Walkthrough

You got to read some of the comments on those videos, lol.

Those videos got lots of views and comment, looks like we got some good exposure there :)

Actually, there is a link here somewhere on the forum to some Entropia walkthroughs that were done during the CES convention in Las Vegas. Someone responded in the thread, assuming that it was David Simmonds that did the commentary, but it was actually me ;)

I can't seem to find the thread with the link now, but it's around somewhere.:

Thanx, looked for ages, visited many sites, n sounds, and ca^p.. looked back here after my mission, and you have posted it anyway lol :laugh:

***EDIT***

Cool Voice, no excuse not to start working on my poem lol :laugh:

:yay:

Nice one ;) great job on setting it up :)

Not sure if it has been mentioned already or not, but I'd like to see interviews offered as podcasts as well.

I can't seem to find the thread with the link now, but it's around somewhere.

***EDIT***

Hmm, Im being all sensible now.

(im sober)

I have listened to these again, I am fairly sure none of this is scripted, am I wrong?

This is really good natural informative stuff, I highly doubt I could ever narrate this well, off the cuff..Live.

(NeverDie could but he would probably break into song lol, no, I never stay sensible for long lol :laugh: )

Anyway, these 'walk throughs' are excellent. :wtg:

:)

(sorry for being off topic, yet again, was worth saying)

Oh cougar, o teu sig ta a distorcer o forum.. arranja la isso ;)

was? I dont understand this...i translated this from portugal to english and get:
"Oh to cougar, yours sig you to distorting the forum. arranges la this" ?

Thanks Jorael, and Level for the translate ;)

Signature fixed, needed a carriage return before the image.

A new show is now in rotation on EntropiaRadio.com:

Robot News by the Robot Propaganda Division

Thanks to Midori Fairlona for providing this clever and entertaining radio show. I will let Midori comment further on what listeners can expect from this show in the future.

During the EntropiaRadio beta phase, the sample broadcasts will simply be put into rotation on EntropiaRadio.

However in the future, I plan to have a fully organized broadcast schedule, with regular updates and new content. Also, the EntropiaRadio website will offer more varied listening options to accomdate various OS/browser configurations.

As for downloadable podcasts, there are no plans at this time to offer such. EntropiaRadio.com is intended as a true Internet Radio station, not a podcast platform.

Any members interested in hosting a weekly radio show should contact me via PM with their show concept, and any sample broadcasts.

Thanks!

As for downloadable podcasts, there are no plans at this time to offer such. EntropiaRadio.com is intended as a true Internet Radio station, not a podcast platform.

Too bad, I'm out then.

A new show is now in rotation on EntropiaRadio.com:

Robot News by the Robot Propaganda Division

Thanks to Midori Fairlona for providing this clever and entertaining radio show. I will let Midori comment further on what listeners can expect from this show in the future.

Thanks 711 for hosting my show. :yay:

You can leave comments about the show or ask me questions in the https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/109107-robot-news.html thread.

Thanks for listening. :wtg:

711 I think you need a List of Known working Software with websites of where to get the software that works with the Entropia Radio setup.

I have tested VLC Media Player and it works excellent.

Just saw this post today and am looking forward to getting a less conspicous Entropia Fix while at work than the forums!!

Thanks for all the work that everyone has put into this!

711 I think you need a List of Known working Software with websites of where to get the software that works with the Entropia Radio setup.

I have tested VLC Media Player and it works excellent.

On all my computers (6 of them), I am able to connect to the EntropiaRadio stream with all of the following no problem:

• Webpage with embedded Media Player applet (only works in IE, not Mozilla/Firefox)
  • Windows Media Player
  • iTunes
  • Winamp

Soon, there will also be a direct link to a custom EntropiaRadio player here on EntropiaForum that should work seamlessly with all popular browsers.

A link to an EntropiaForum-based player for EntropiaRadio now has been added to the navigation bar (at the top of every EF page) for easy access to EntropiaRadio.

Enjoy.

:cool:

On all my computers (6 of them),

Now let us talk about reducing your carbon foot-print :eek:
All good, we got in the God-Zilla size for you :D :laugh:

~ Sparkz

A link to an EntropiaForum-based player for EntropiaRadio now has been added to the navigation bar (at the top of every EF page) for easy access to EntropiaRadio.

Enjoy.

:cool:

When I click the EntropiaRadio link I get this message.

EntropiaRadio.jpg

Back